Chapter 11 - Friends

Part of Me (will always be yours)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eleven

 

Right after finishing your meal, you rush out of the Dining Pavilion, walking briskly towards the direction of your cabin. Minjoo told you after your brunch earlier to meet her at the cliffside after dinner, she didn’t say the reason why. She just told you to bring your blue hoodie and a spare one, again she didn’t mention the reason why. You are already wearing one, and now you are off to fetch your blue hoodie on your cabin. But someone blocked your way, and by someone it was a certain bean pole who's looking pointily at you like you just did something that extremely upset her.

 

"Going somewhere, Yujin?" Wonyoung asks, arching her brow.

 

"Yeah," you nodded; your brows furrowed.

 

“And where could that be?” she asks again, crossing her arm.

 

“Somewhere,” You replied, looking at her curiously "Why are you looking at me like that?" you ask, wondering on what's the deal with her.



"Like what?" she asks, arching her brows once again.



You never said it to anyone but Wonyoung is scary when she raises her brow. It is like her brows holds too much intimidating power, plus the fact that she can control it so well. You actually hate it when she raises her brow.



"Like I did something that have extremely upset you," you replied your tone unintentionally getting defensive.

 

"Why do you sound so defensive, Yujin" Wonyoung replied with a smirk.



"I am not," you simply said, walking away from her.

 

“Not so fast, Pup” Wonyoung said, grabbing your arm to stop you.

 

You turn around gave her questioning look.

 

“What do you want?”



Instead of answer she walks away, dragging you along with her. You realized how your friends love to drag you around



"It's fun teasing you, Yuj" she said, still walking aimlessly.



"I can say that you are indeed having fun" you scoff, following her.



"Anyways, you did nothing wrong" She shrugs "Except you ghosted us days ago, you didn't even show up for the party. You should have seen how wild the party that night was" she continued, excitedly.



"Ghosted?" you repeated, stopping from your tracks "What are you talking about?" you continued looking at back of her head.


Wonyoung turned around and raise her brow at you.


"Didn't we all agreed that we will watch the fireworks together? Even Yuri and Yena was with us during that night, you're the only one who didn't show up" she explained in as a matter of fact tone "and Minjoo" she smirks.



"I never agreed with that, I didn't even know that you guys talked about it" you explained “And that happened like a week ago”



You look around and realize you're at the beach, you didn't even notice that Wonyoung walked towards this way.

 


"What are you saying? We were talking about it during our walk back to the cabins after we played here," Wonyoung said sitting at the shore and playing with the sand "and I just remember it today that’s why I’m only talking about it now" she shrugged.



Oh.



That explains why you can't remember it. You are not paying attention that day, too tired and too preoccupied with your own thoughts.



"But it seems like you're not paying attention" Wonyoung continued, before you can even explain.



"I'm sorry about that" you grinned sheepishly as you sat beside her.



Wonyoung just snickered at you, which made you laugh. You didn’t say anything, instead you turned to gaze at the dark sea. Enjoying the sound of the waves.



"Actually, I’m wondering if we can talk," Wonyoung started breaking the peaceful silence between you two “there’s something I’ve been thinking about lately”

 

You hum in response, tilting your head to her direction



"Have you ever thought of going back," she said, her chin resting on top of her knees, "I mean, back to Camp Jupiter?" she added while drawing different shapes on the sand



You looked at her, she looks thoughtful like there’s a lot of thought running in her mind. Then you think of her question. You remember your conversation with your mother. When she asks you of your opinion about Camp Half Blood, you admitted to her that you feel at home here, that you like this place. You also recalled what happened at the Big House this morning, specifically Chiron and Hyewon’s suggestion. But that doesn’t change the fact that Camp Jupiter has a special place in your heart and that you also need to come back there.



"Honestly, I'm not sure anymore" you answered, after thinking about it “It’s hard”


"I kind of expected that answer from you" she said lifting her head “and to be fair, I'm also not sure myself. I like this place; I even think I like this Camp better than our Camp" she confesses, gazing distantly at the dark sea.

 

“Hyewon stepped down as Cabin 10’s Counselor,” you started, looking distantly at the sea “She wants me to replace her”

 

“But you’re from Camp Jupiter,” Wonyoung replied “Is it possible?”

 

“It is,” you said with a sigh “Chiron… he told me that I can stay here, at Camp Half Blood if I want to. Just like what Jason did in the past” you said, slowly.

 

Wonyoung didn’t say anything, she fell silent probably thinking about it

 

“Did you accept it?” she asks, after minutes of being silent.

 

You cocked your head to her direction and she’s already looking at you, waiting for your answer.

 

“No,” you replied smiling sadly at her “you know that I can’t”

 

“But you want to” she said, it wasn’t question she’s sure about it.

 

You sighed and turned your eyes back to the dark Long Island Sound

 

“It’s not hard to fall for this camp, it’s different from Camp Jupiter” you replied softly “Maybe in another life, under different circumstances I will accept that offer without any hesitation” you said truthfully, there’s no use on denying it.

 

“We can stay here,” Wonyoung simply said.

 

You can practically hear the hesitation in her voice. She, herself knows that it isn’t possible.


"You are right, we can” you said, nodding your head “But we both know that we have to go back, especially you” you added turning your head at her direction.

 

Wonyoung bit her lip and sighed. She is clearly conflicted with her thoughts.



“It’s my fault,” She said clicking her tongue “I should have never made that oath”

 

"Chaeyeon sent you here, for you to learn. Besides, if you didn't agree with that oath then I wouldn't be here," You replied immediately "I would have never met our friends here. There’s a lot of things that I learned from here, if I stayed at Camp Jupiter, I would have never discovered those things"

 

I would have never met Minjoo. You wanted to say that but you stopped yourself. Instead you reached for Wonyoung's hand and squeezed it lightly. She looked down at your hands and sighed.

 

"You agreed with that deal, for my sake" you added rubbing small circle on top of her hand



"No, Yujin" she said shaking her head "I accepted that deal for my sake, because I want you to be by my side" she said, squeezing your hand back.

 

"I guess," you said, slowly letting go of her hand "I should thank you then"

 

"No, don't have to, don’t thank me for my selfishness" Wonyoung answered, shaking her head "That was a really selfish decision, I didn't even ask for your opinion, first. I just assumed on what you would want, then during our trip here I realized that you don’t want to be part of the exchange. That you prefer staying at Camp Jupiter.” she added.

 

Wonyoung is right, you never liked the idea of participating in this exchange. If you only had a choice back then you’ll never agree on being brought here at Camp Half Blood. But then things have changed, you sighed and turned to her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter