Chapter 12 - She's Back

Part of Me (will always be yours)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter Twelve

 

"What took you so long?" you ask, the moment she stepped out of their cabin.


You've been standing there outside Cabin 6 for atleast half an hour now.


"Sorry, one of my siblings keep on asking me stupid questions, I’m starting to think if he’s really our mom’s son" Minjoo answered, annoyed while brushing her hair with her fingers "How long have you been waiting?" she asks, putting a familiar baseball cap on her head.


"Long enough for me to realize how ridiculous the idea is, but not long enough for me to back out from it" you replied.

 

"It isn't ridiculous, Yujinie" she chuckled "Besides you can't back out now"

 

"Figures" you simply replied that made her laugh.

 

Both of you started walking towards the other end of the camp, to the Pegasi Stables to be exact. Somehow Minjoo thought it is a good idea for you, to once again learn riding a Pegasus. You were out stargazing last night at the cliff when you told her about Hyewon’s nonstop teasing.

 

+++

 

“Hyewon keep on teasing me about being Phobos’ daughter” you ask, looking at the stars “I don’t even know who that is”

 

Minjoo chuckled at what you said, you tilt your head on her side your brows furrowed.

 

“What’s so funny about it?” you ask

 

Minjoo shifted her position to face you, she’s now laying on her side propped up on her elbow, her hand supporting her head. She gave you an amuse smile before answering.

 

“He’s your half-bother, the god of fear” she said “twin brother of Deimos, the god of terror” she added.

 

“How can I be related to gods like that? they seem…” you said, thinking “dark, isn’t my mother about love, pinks and anything nice” you added, which made Minjoo laugh.

 

“You’re right,” she said, stifling a laugh “but they got it from their father, Ares the god of war” she explained with a shrug.

 

“Aphrodite and Ares have kids?” you ask getting up.

 

“They have eight kids, Yujin” Minjoo said, chuckling at your shock reaction “Aphrodite and Ares are lovers” she added, laying on her back.

 

“How?”

 

“I’m not sure, Yujin” she replied “Maybe because there’s a thin line between hate and love. Besides, your mom is beautiful and Ares put an effort to win her over” she added.

 

“gods’ love life gives me headache” you said, laying down once again beside her “So why Phobos? I am not a coward” you ask, wondering.

 

“Are you really?” Minjoo asks, teasing you “You can’t even ride a Pegasus because you got traumatized” she added, laughing.

 

“I nearly died that time,” you said in a matter of fact tone “Ofcourse, I’ll be afraid.”

 

“I’ll help you conquer your fear,” Minjoo said, propping on her elbow 0nce again “Let’s start tomorrow” she added smiling.

 

+++

 

That question, brought you into this situation. The last time she thought you how to ride a Pegasus, the Pegasus threw you into the lake and the Naiads nearly kidnapped you. You've been trying to tell her just how ridiculous the idea is but she just won’t listen. You turned to her and again, notice just how familiar the baseball camp she’s wearing is.



"Your cap looks familiar," you finally voice out what you've been thinking.

 

"Oh, this is yours" she replied, nonchalantly.

 

"That explains, you know I've been looking for that baseball cap for months now. I even accused Yena of nicking it from me" you said, shaking you head "Turns out someone else nicked it" you snickered at her.

 

"I didn't steal it,” she said locking her arms with yours “You gave it to me"

 


The gesture became normal between the two of you. The playful remarks that can also be considered as borderline flirting, holding hands whenever there's a chance. Like when you are walking, or during sing along when you’re sitting with each other.

Minjoo even tried breaking rules by sitting with you during meals but then Hyewon was the one who told her to go back to her table since campers are starting to eye the two of you in not so friendly way.

It is weird, you two are acting like couples but honestly, you're not. Minjoo told you that you will talk about your feelings when she comes back but a week had pass yet you still haven't talk about it. It's like a ticking time bomb that the both of you are too afraid touch. A bomb that might ruin everything you have right now.

 

"I can’t remember giving that to you" you said, glancing at her.

 

"The night we coincidentally meet at the cliffside" she replied, after thinking “You put the cap on me while I was crying” she added.

 

Oh.

 

That was like 4 or 5 months ago now. It feels like it has been ages since that night happen. So much have change, specially how you and Minjoo treats each other.



"You were so cool that night, by the way" she said, grabbing your chin and light pressing your cheeks, you don't understand why she loves doing that to you.



"People always says that I'm cool" you said, as you remove her hands on your cheeks "though I really don't understand why they see me that way" you said, with a huff.



"Because you are," Minjoo replied confidently "I think your cool, not because of your appearance but because of how you act. It's hard to explain but you radiate a tsundere energy" she added.

 

You cocked your head to her side and she's smiling brightly at you.

 

"I'm not a tsundere," you said, removing her linked arm from yours.

 

"See," she said, laughing "a big tsundere energy" she added, teasing you.

 

Despite your annoyance, you find yourself smiling as you watch her laugh, like teasing you is the most enjoyable thing she ever did in her life.

 

 "You're doing it again," Minjoo suddenly said, snapping you from your thoughts.

 

"Doing what?" you replied coolly still staring at her.

 

"Staring then smiling" Minjoo said, squinting her eyes "like-"

 

"Like you’re the only one that matters?" you ask, cocking your head still smiling. "It’s because you are. And forgive me, but did you know that you look breathtakingly beautiful when you laugh. It's hard, not to stare." You said staring at her eyes. “You’re smile is my favorite smile.”

 

You didn't bother to wait for her answer instead you walk ahead of her. You heard her giggle, then you felt her linking her arms with you again.

 

"Tsundere" she said, pinching your side still giggling.

 

When you arrive at the Pegasi Stables you turned to her and smirk.

 

"Seems like today is not the day for your plan" you said, pointing at the stables.

 

There's only one Pegasus in the stables and it's Midnight, the Pegasus who threw you off the lake.

 

"What are you talking about," Minjoo said unlinking your arms as she walks towards Midnight "Everything is going according to my plan"

 

"How can you teach me if there's only one Pegasus available?"

 

"We'll ride it together, silly" Minjoo said, winking at you "I specifically ask Hyewon to spare Midnight for us today" she said.

 

You stared at Minjoo in surprise. Sometimes you wonder just what is going on inside her head. Hyewon took the other Pegasi to fetch the Hunters. They are scheduled to arrive here at camp today.

 

"Come on," She said gesturing you to walk closer to Midnight.

 

You eye the Pegasus warily, after that incident you have to admit that you became scared of this specific Pegasus. It feels like this Pegasus secretly resents you.

 

"Hop on, Yujin" Minjoo impatiently said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter