Chapter 5 - Love Doesn't Make Sense

Part of Me (will always be yours)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

 

Most of the time you cannot help but to question your decisions in life. You ask yourself why you keep on putting yourself on situations you never wished to be in, in the first place. Just like right now, after your conversation about your life with Minjoo last time you are determine not to stir your conversation towards your past again. You’re not really fond of talking about yourself, so when you arrived at the Cliffside right after lunch you told yourself that today’s conversation will be about Minjoo, just anything about her will make a good conversation.

Minjoo was already there sitting under the shade of a tree, you sit beside her before dropping the sandwich you brought for her. She gave you a puzzled look.

 

“You’re not at the dining pavilion during lunch. I figured I’d brought you some” you said, shrugging your shoulder “Besides it tastes good”

 

“How thoughtful of you” she said, nudging you

 

“Just eat it and I try to appear during meals” you scoff

 

“You just want to have meal with me” she countered, her expression smug

 

You looked at her and felt yourself blushing

 

“I knew it would make you blush” she said again, smiling widely at you “You’re cute when you blush, Yujinie” she teased you more pinching your cheeks.

 

“What are you 9?” you said shoving her hands, trying to appear unaffected though you can literally feel your heart beating wildly in your chest.

 

She seems to be enjoying her teasing because she laughed wholeheartedly on your reaction and you find yourself smiling at her silly antics.

 

“I’m a year older than you though,” she said after few moments

 

“What shock,” you countered, sarcastically “I still can’t believe that Winter is the same age as me”

 

“Winter is cute,” she said, smiling at the thought of your half-sister “I like her”

 

“You like everyone at the Aphrodite cabin” you answered

 

“That’s not true, only Winter and Hyewon,” she said, nonchalantly “And you” she added

 

You turned to her to see if she’s messing with you again but she’s looking out at the sea, thinking. She seems sad all of the sudden and after spending a lot of time with her you now know how much you hate sad Minjoo, as much as beautiful she is when she’s sad you will always prefer excited Minjoo or happy Minjoo. You love seeing her smile, her Indian dimples showing. That’s what you prefer so you open the topic you know she will be happy to talk about.

 

“Tell me about Chaewon again,” you said

 

You know how talking about Chaewon makes her happy. Chaewon had been your topic in the past. Mainly because you urged her to talk about her, you said that maybe when she talks about Chaewon she'll feel better. Also, because you are curious and want to know more about this Apollo girl. She told you how they meet, all the adventures that they shared how they relied on each other. Trying their best to keep each other alive. As she shares their stories, you watch how different emotions passed on her face. Her eyes stormy gray eyes twinkle at every memory that she recalled. How she would smile then frown at certain memories.

But today is different, you didn’t expect the answer that she gave. Instead of talking about their adventures and happy memories, she told you how she can't seem to recall how she fall for her bestfriend and when did she realize that she loves her that way.



"Honestly, I don't even remember it" she said, looking at the distance “I’ve been thinking and I can’t seem to recall it”



"Didn't know that children of Athena have memory issues" you replied, trying to lighten up the mood



"I don't have memory issues" she said, turning to you and hitting your shoulder "But honestly Yujin, I really don't know how it happened. It just feels like one day I woke up and we are dating" she said.



You turned to her and studied her. She seems to be deep on her thoughts.

"That doesn't make any sense" you said, your brows furrowed “How can you claim that you love her and also forget how you fell in love with her?” you added, turning your eyes to the sea


“Well, love doesn't make sense, right?” she replied, nonchalantly.

 

“Are you sure your mom is the goddess of wisdom?" You ask eyeing her.

 

"And are you sure that Aphrodite is your mom?" she countered raising her brow at you.

 

You rolled your eyes at her and released a deep sigh before speaking your mind.



"You're right that love doesn’t make sense, but still that seems impossible,” you started picking up the book beside her. "Look, I believe that love most of the time doesn't makes sense. That certain emotion is too complex to be explained or simply defined. Even me, daughter of the goddess of love have difficulties on understanding it. But then there's always logic behind everything, if you’ll just take time to find it” you added looking at her.

 

“Go on, Yujin” she said turning her attention in front of you “I know you want to say more.”

 

“Look, Minjoo” you said with a sigh “For all I know everyone never seem to forget the exact moment that they fell inlove with their partner. In your case you claim that you cannot remember how you fell in love with her, maybe you are asking yourself the wrong question, maybe you should ask yourself if you really fell inlove with her. You as daughter of Athena should know, that asking the right question is the way to get the answers you need." you said, looking intently at her.

 

Minjoo didn't answer, instead she looked at the sea. Seemingly trying to absorb what you said. You prayed to Athena to let her daughter understand your point and for your mom to just let Minjoo realized how she fell inlove with her girlfriend, to end this conversation.

 

"Now that you've said that," she said, after few moments "I'm starting to question myself whether I really fell inlove with her or not. Because just like what I said, it doesn't make sense. There's got to be some explanation why I can't remember falling inlove with her, right?" she added looking distantly at the horizon.



"I didn't mean for you to doubt your love for her" you said, with a sigh "But yeah there's got to be an explanation why, some logic behind it. And that is up to you to think about because you know, your mom is goddess of wisdom so you are naturally driven by logic while me, I'm driven by emotions because my mom is the goddess of love" you just blurted out anything you can think of even though it doesn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter