Chapter 7 - Date?

Part of Me (will always be yours)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Seven

 

The week passed like a blur, you did what you always do at camp, train, attend different classes, capture the flag, visit Yena who would always shoo you away because she doesn't want you to see the fireworks they are working at. Sword fighting, but this time with different partner because your usual sparring partner is not around. Hanging out at the Cliffside, alone.

Your week have been the same except it wasn't really the same, you know it. There’s something that is missing. Deep inside you know why, you miss Minjoo and your usual bickering, the random talks and your night hangout at the Cliffside, her subtle teasing during meals. Whenever, you enter the Dining Pavilion you unconsciously scan the place expecting to catch her looking at you with her teasing smile.

It doesn't make any sense why you miss her like that, when her other friends are just going on with their own camp life. For Zeus' sake she's gone for a week and yet you miss her like you haven't seen her for a long time. You convince yourself that, it is just because you've been hanging out with her too frequently, yes that must be the case nothing more and nothing less.

Today is 4th of July, the day Minjoo said she will be back but you still haven't seen her. Not that you've been looking for her, nope definitely not. You just happened to be loitering around the camp searching for no one, just observing. Passing by the shooting range you saw Wonyoung practicing alone.

You stood at the far-right side of the range and watch as she hit the bull’s eye for the fifth time. She nocks two arrows and release it, you clapped when both arrows hit the bull's eye of two different targets.

 

"Wow,” you said, still clapping your hands “your archery skill just keeps on improving"

 

"Didn't see you there," she said, nocking another arrow "And thank you, I've been practicing" she added, releasing another set of arrows.

 

"I can see that," you replied, nodding your head when the arrows hit the bull's eye again.

 

Wonyoung turned to you and smiled proudly

 

"Did you planned something for today?" you ask, sitting on one of the benches.

 

"Nothing in particular," Wonyoung replied, walking towards you "Why did you ask?" she added, quirking her brow when she's already standing in front of you.

 

You just looked at her, noticing how sweaty she is you throw her the towel you've been carrying since earlier. You don't even know why you carries that towel in the first place. Wonyoung catch it with ease and sat beside you placing her bow between the two of you.

 

"Nothing," you answered, her question nonchalantly "Just asking"

 

"Let me guess," she started, with an amuse smile "you're bored" she said, chuckling.

 

"How can you say that?" You countered, laughing lightly at her comment.

 

You find it slightly offending, but also ridiculous that she thinks you want to spent time with her just because you’re bored.

 

"Well, you've been wandering around here at camp for a week now," she shrugged "you seem like a puppy who lost her owner ever since Ms. Head Counselor left"

 

Your smile fade at what she said, Wonyoung and Minjoo have started to get close during the past months though not as close as you and Minjoo. Now, you and Wonyoung can talk about Minjoo without her getting upset, it actually started to get better when you spent time with Wonyoung more. Though this is the first time that she teases you with Minjoo.

 

"That's not true, Wonnie" you said, after being silent for few moments.

“You really had to think about it, huh?" she said amused, she shrank her bow into hairclip and stood up "You miss her, admit Yujin. It isn’t a crime to miss someone" she added, looking down at you.

 

"Don’t you?" you replied, looking up to her matching her stare.

 

“Do I what?”

 

“Miss her?”

 

Wonyoung shake her head, chuckling at your question.

 

"Of course, I do” she said, smiling “Minjoo is good friend, it honestly feels good being close with her. She reminds me of Chaeyeon, the way she cares for me, like I am her sister. She’s kind and so pure, to the point that sometimes I ask myself how is it possible that someone like her exist. It’s like the world doesn’t deserve her, she’s too good to be true."

 

You can’t help but smile while listening at her, the way Wonyoung talks about Minjoo warms your heart. You nodded in agreement at what she said, she’s right Minjoo is too good for this world.

 

“I miss her,” she continued, gazing at the direction of the beach "But, not as much as you miss her"

 

"I-" you started, trying to deny it but Wonyoung returned her gaze to you and smile, but it didn’t reach her eyes.

 

"She's gone for a week and it feels weird not seeing her here at camp, we surely all miss Minjoo," she said, looking straightly at your eyes "but the reason we miss her is entirely differently, just as much as the intensity of the longing we all feel"

 

Speechless is an understatement, you just stared at Wonyoung, lost on those words she just uttered.

 

"You don't know what to say," she said, amused "it's fine, you don't have to say anything to me, I know it already"

 

"I don't understand," you replied, your brows furrowed.

 

"Well, you can be dense sometimes Yujin, so much for being Aphrodite's daughter" she said, laughing at her own comment. "Don't think about it too much, I thought Aphrodite kids follow their emotions, but maybe you are an exception. Maybe you feel too much at the moment that you do not know which one to follow"

 

This made you even more confuse; you are about to ask her what she really mean but she beat you to it.

 

"Let's go to the beach," she said, smiling brightly again, this time it reached her eyes. She smiles at you like she didn't confuse you with her words "Yena and the others are there, swimming" she added, walking towards the beach she didn't even bother to wait for you.

 

With the questions swarming your head you jogged to catch up with her.

 

“Hey, bean pole” you said, when you finally catch up with her "What do you even mean by those words?"

 

"Come on Yujin, think" that’s the only answer she gave you before she broke into a run.

 

She seems eager to avoid your question, right after she messed up with your thoughts. Maybe Wonyoung is secretly Aphrodite's daughter they both have the knack on messing up with your brain. Wonyoung is already at the beach when you catch up with her, you just can't believe just how fast she can run.

 

"Come on, slowpoke they are already enjoying the water" she said, dragging you towards the water.

 

"I'm not in the mood to swim now," you replied, trying to get away from her grip “besides, I’m not a good swimmer” you added, eyeing the water warily.

 

The two of you are already in the water but not deep enough to swim into. Your friends are atleast 5 meters away from you.

 

“Come on, they are playing at the shallow part” Wonyoung counter, tugging your arm.

 

“I’ll just watch you here,” you replied, standing firmly on your spot.

 

"Is that so," Wonyoung said, arching her brow, she looked passed you and smirk. "Hey Minjoo, can you please help me get Yujin into the deeper part of the water?!" she shouted, looking at the shore.

 

Upon hearing Minjoo's name you immediately turned around so fast that you can hear the popping of the joints in your neck, hoping to see Minjoo standing by the beach except she is not there. Turns out Wonyoung is tricking you, to caught you off guard. She tackled you and you dropped to the water face first.

You immediately stood up and turned to Wonyoung coughing off the salt water you accidentally drank. Wonyoung is smiling proudly of what she had done. You can hear your other friends laugh from the distance.

 

"That was a low blow," you said, still coughing.

 

"Too bad, I know your weakness now" she answered, mocking you and run towards your friends’ direction.

 

"Trickster!" you shouted and Wonyoung just laughed,

 

You watch your friends do their thing and you can’t help but laugh. Yena and your other friends are having fun, splashing each other with water. Then Hyewon and Hitomi suddenly lunge to Yena, trying to drown her. Yuri is trying to protect Yena but Hitomi is stronger than her. While, there's Nako who’s trying to get a piggyback ride from Wonyoung, but the other girl keeps on shrugging her off. You laugh at yourself when you realize why Nako keep on doing that. The water they are in, is waist deep if you'll use Wonyoung as reference but when it comes to Nako, the water is almost neck deep. Makes sense why she keeps on hanging to Wonyoung.

 

"Wonyoung, have mercy on Nako," You said, chuckling when you approach them "Can't you see she's close to drowning"

 

Your friends looked at Nako and laughed when they realized what you meant.

 

"You think that's funny, Ahn?" Nako countered, glaring pointedly at you.

 

"I was just stating what I observed," you said, acting innocent "They are the ones who laughed" you added, pointing at you friends who are still laughing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter