Revolution

Smiling Stars

As Seungyeon finally composed herself, she broke the hug.

"Thank you.", she said.

"For what?", the oblivous Onew questioned as he doesn't realize what he'd done for her to be so thankful.

"For being my friend", Seungyeon started to tear up again. "I missed you so much. You have no idea how lonely I have been.", she continued.

"It's okay Seungyeon. I'm here...stop crying. hmmm?", Onew comforted her with his smile. "Your mom will be here any minute".

"How did you know I was here?", she asked while wiping her tears away.

"Auntie told me the minute she received the call from your manager. I rushed here as fast as I could."

Another tear suddenly fell from her eyes.

"Yah!! Why are you crying now?!", Onew a little bit caught off guard. This is the first time he had seen her so emotional. He became concerned.

"Saranghae.......Jinki-ah!", Seungyeon pronounced.

Onew froze when those words came out from . "Is she proposing? Why did she suddenly call me by my real name?", he thought to himself.

Seungyeon gave him the nickname "Onew" and has been calling him that for a little over a year now.

"You are the BEST friend I've ever had", Seungyeon continued.

"Friend..?", he whispered. He just smiled and hid his disappointment.

She gave him another power hug despite her body being weak. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, it was her manager. He informed them that the press had found out about her condition and a few reporters were already outside waiting for an official statement. He also instructed Onew to leave for the reporters might see him and the last thing a rookie girl group need is a scandal.

She wanted Onew to stay longer but she agreed and said her goodbye. He then quitely stood up.

"Take care huh?..Promise me.", Onew said as he looked back by the door.

"I will...I'll call you. Okay?", she said while watching her friend disappear.

__________

Onew was at the hallway whe he saw Seungyeon's mom with a huge suit case and what seems to be a lunch box on her hand.

"Oh Auntie. Did you rest well?", he said politely.

"I was so worried I couldn't sleep..How about you? Is she awake?", referring to Seungyeon.

"Yes Auntie", with a securing smile he continued, "She's gonna be okay. Don't worry".

"Good", Seugyeon's mom released a sigh.

"But...where are you going? I prepared food for both of you. Our Seungyeon hates hospital meals and I can't thank you enough for taking care of my daughter."

Onew hesitated.

"No, I'm okay. Thanks though Auntie." He didn't want to tell her that the manager asked him to leave. "It would be better If I keep her under the dark, it's not like it matters anyway", he thought.

_________

The next day Seungyeon was released from the hospital and continued her regular schedule the week after.

"Why hasn't she called me yet?"

Seungyeon had told him that she'd call before he left the hospital. Little did he know that after Seungyeon returned from their dorm, chaos welcomed her. One KARA member decided to drop out from the group. Seungyeon was closest to Sunghee the most, she had been so occupied that she forgot about Onew. The girls and DSP are in full damage control mode.

_______

On the other hand, Onew was about to have the news of his life. SM entertainment informed him and four other boys about their debut. They were given three months of preparation for their first album. That is a small amount of time to prepare considering that they are just rookies. The boys were then immediately scheduled for recording and were taught the choreography for their debut song.The company didn't allow them to have any break at all. It was getting down the wire and it was risky to waste even a minute.

Onew now realized how hard it must have been for Seungyeon experiencing all of this before her debut. Like on Seungyeon's case, Onew and the others were prohibited to use cellphones nor contact anyone with exception to their respective family members. Even so, it's not like they had the time to.

Within those three grueling months, Onew and Seungyeon had zero communication.

Ever since Sunghee left, KARA had been out of the lime light and was said that the group is taking a break from activities until everything gets sorted out. There were even rumors saying that the group will disband but was later denied by DSP.

_______

Alone at the dance studio. Onew took something out from his wallet.

"You will keep your promise right?", Onew exclaimed while staring at Seungyeon's photo.