KARA

Smiling Stars

After more than a year of grueling training, Seungyeon finally heard the good news. A DSP representative informed her and three other girls that they will debut together as a 4 member idol group. Their name still undecided.

She was excited and nervous at the same time. She knew the other two girls very well as she trained with them for a long time. Gyuri and Sunghee were her friends, almost same age as her so they speak informally to each other. The other girl Nicole was born and raised in America and has a difficulty with speaking Korean. Rumors has it that she used to be a JYP trainee, somehow she auditioned at DSP and got the offer. While the three of them were celebrating amongst themselves, Nicole was sitting by herself taking it all in. Not saying anything nor expressing any emotions.

"Are you okay?", Seungyeon was concerned. Although they are not close and have quite a gap with their age, she used to live in America and knows what it feels to be alienated.

"I'm okay", Nicole said with an accent.

"You know you can talk to me in english, I studied there for quite some time." she smiled. She's the group's maknae so Seungyeon feels like she has to take care of her. As her unnie.

_______________

After they were released from the office, Seungyeon called her parents to share them the good news. She also didn't forget to inform her best friend Onew.

"Yah! Congratulations! Wow, I can't believe I'll have a Celebrity as my bestriend. This is so exciting", Onew was sincerely happy for his friend. He knew that one day they'll share the same stage together. That is if he debuts he thought. "Let's celebrate."

"That's a great idea. We should celebrate. I'll see you later my comrade."

______________

"No one else should know about this", Seungyeon told Onew.

"Why not? It's definitely something to brag about".

"If it's a golden rule not to tell anyone that you are a trainee, not telling people about my debut would be the diamond rule or something", she laughed as she explained to Onew. "You'll know once you debut".

Onew is a little worried about her friend. And himself for that matter. Now that she is going to debut, she'll be so busy that she won't have time for him anymore.

"Don't worry, even if I become really famous", she stopped and both of them laughed. She continued, "You'll still be my friend. My best friend."