The First Blooming

Smiling Stars

AFTER 4 MONTHS

/text message/

From: Onew
To: Seungyeon

Seungyeon-ah! I just saw your debut performance~ Congrats ^_~

____________________________________________________________

As he was typing his congratulatory text message to Seungyeon he had second thoughts on whether to send it or not.

Ever since Seungyeon received the news about her debut, DSP decided to make the four girls live together which meant that Onew only saw her on the weekends when she visits her parents. In fact, the last time he had a one on one conversation with her was during their high school graduation a few months back. Another problem arose when she started rejecting all his calls and text messages. Onew unaware that cellphones were stricly prohibited, he honestly believed that she was avoiding him.

"Could things get any worse after she debuts?, he then thought.

As he slowly touched the button that will cancel his message, his phone rang and saw an unknown number calling him. He answered it.

"Onew-ah! Did you see me?", an excited voice from the other line said.

"Seungyeon-ah?", Onew finally recognizing the mystery caller immediately putting a smile on his face. "Yah! I saw you! Congrats!"

"Onew...Sorry I have to go". She hung up.

Even though their conversation only lasted less than a minute, he was happy. He was relieved to know that she still cared for him....cared enough for her to call after all this time.

****************

Seungyeon heard footsteps heading towards her in the kitchen. She said her goodbye as fast as she could and hid the phone.

"Were you talking to someone Seungyeon-ssi?", their manager asked. "You know you aren't allowed to call anyone, rules are rules."

"No I wasn't. I was just talking to myself. I'm a little torn whether to eat ramen or egg rolls..........." she stuttered. She isn't really the best when it comes to impromptu lies.

"I'll let it slide today", the manager left to tend the other girls.

A sigh of relief ran over her.

***************

After KARA's debut performance, Seungyeon has been very busy going to music programs after music programs. If her and the other girls aren't recording, they'll be in the dance studio practicing their routine over and over until the choreographer tells them to stop. It came to the point where it took its toll on Seungyeon.

Nicole and Seungyeon were on the elevator heading to their dorm when Seungyeon lost consciousness.

"Oh my gosh", Nicole shocked.

"Unnie wake up!!! Unnie!", after not getting any response for Seungyeon she cried for help.

Seungyeon was sent to the hospital as soon as the manager got hold of them.

Onew received the news from Seungyeon's parents. Even though it was in the middle of the night he rushed to the hospital to see her quietly sleeping on her bed. KARA's manager wasn't planning on letting him in until her parents allowed him to come in not giving the manager any choice.

"What happened?", he asked while catching his breath.

"Fatigue", Seungyeon's mom said in a calm voice. It seems as though she had already passed the panic stage where as Onew, he was just starting. He was worried for his best friend's health.

"Onew-ah", Seungyeon's mom trailed off.

"Yes Auntie?".

"I have a favor to ask."

"Yes?"

"Would you mind looking after our Seungyeon while I go home and pack some things for her?", she kindly asked.

"Ah. Yes of course", Onew watched Seungyeon's mom slid quietly out the door.

*****************

It was 5:46 am when Seungyeon finally gained consciousness. She felt warmth on her fingertips and saw a hand slighly touching hers. It was dark and could barely see anything.

"Ah. It's a man", she realized.

"Could it be dad?", she was trying to figure out who this person might be.

She saw a table lamp near her and decides to turn it on. From then on her tears started flowing nonstop.

*****************

The light coming from the lamp irritated Onew's eyes. As he woke up from an uncomfortable sleep he saw Seungyeon staring at her with those big eyes, crying.

"Seungyeon-ah. What's wrong? Are you hurting?", he started panicking.

"No", she replied.

"Onew-ah!", more tears fell off her face. She was deeply moved by his friend. She gave him a warm tight hug.

"Oh", Onew hugged her back. He then gently started to pat her back and her hair with his warm fingers.

And they stayed like that until Seungyeon calmed down.