Hide and Seek

Smiling Stars

It's been 5 days and Seungyeon hasn't come by the meat shop to pick up her hoodie.

"Where is she?", JinKi concerned.

He has been waiting for her patiently these past few days. Everyday he would open the shop hoping to see if she would come in the morning and buy coffee across the street, and after school he go straight to the shop only to find out that she hasn't come by still.

"She must be very busy I guess", he was losing hope. He thought or maybe the hoodie doesn't hold any special meaning that is why she didn't bother to get it back.

Well the truth is that Seungyeon has indeed been very busy with her training, on top of that, she hasn't found the guts to tell her parents her plans. She got side tracked because there are just too many things going on with her life right now.

On her first day as a trainee she met a lot of good people.

"Annyeonhaseyo...I'm Seungyeon. Nice to meet you", she greeted everyone brightly.

It was an awkward atmosphere. On the studio there were also new trainees like herself and some who has been training there for years and just waiting for their debuts. One of them is Kyu Jong. He is doesn't seem to talk much but she hit it off with him quickly. He is going to debut alongside Youngsaeng, Hyun Joong, Hyung Joon and Jungmin. All of them older than her.

Everyone seems to be nice, she thought.

*************

"What?" Seungyeon's parents shocked at her revelation.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier but this is what I want and I am going to work hard. Please believe in me", she pleaded her parents forgiveness and understanding.

"I am shocked Seungyeon...why didn't you tell us before hand?" her father trying to understand the situation. "Are you sure this is what you want to do?".

"Yes, Appa".

"Well what's done is done. Finishing what you have started would be the right thing to do", her father gave her a smile. Her mom frozen from shock and disbelief.

"Thank you Appa!", tears falling on her rosy cheeks.

"Omma?"

"I'm okay Seungyeon-ah...if you are happy, then we are here to support".

Seungyeon felt like a heavy weight was just lifted off her shoulders. Now she doesn't have to worry about a thing. Her problems with her parenst has been resolved. She made new friends from the company and she is happy to be learning a lot from the training.

"Now, I have nothing to wo............." she stopped.

"My hoodie!" she gasped.

*************

She woke up and ate breakfast with ther parent.

They talked about which high school she was planning to attend now that she won't be coming back to US any time soon.

"You have to go to school", he parents demanded.

"I know. I know", she said.

"Let us know if you have decided, there is this really good international school 15 minutes away. You should at least consider that".

"Okay mom..but I have to go pick up something."

"What is it?"

"My varsity hoodie", she said while heading out the door. "See you later!".

*************

"Is JinKi here?" Seungyeon asked the cashier woman.

"He is at school, you can come back later around 6 pm", the woman said.

"Oh..that isn't gonna work..hmmm Can you tell him that Seungyeon came by?".

"You are the hoodie owner, am I right?" of course she knows, his son has been waiting for her for almost a week now.

She smile and nodded to the woman. She left the meat shop and made her way to DSP headquarters.

The minute she arrived there, she was greeted by a smiling Kyu Jong.

"Seungyeon-ah!", he shouted.

"Oppa! What's up? You seem brighter than usual", Seungyeon asked.

"Our debut date is set! June 8!", he looked so happy. Seungyeon was very happy for him and other oppas.

"Wow...I am going to cheer you guys on. I'll even consider joining your official fanclub", both of them laughed. The other four guys joined in.

"Congratulations oppa...but what is your group name?", curious Seungyeon just had to ask.

The five guys formed a line and said, "Annyeonghaseyo, we are SS501".

"Wahhh...So cool", she was amazed. "Oh oppas, I have to go. Practice time. Congrats again!".

"That's right...work hard smiling dongsaeng!".

***********

Onew didn't expect it. "She came by? Today?!"

"How many times do I have to repeat myself?", his mom annoyed by his son's constant questioning or rather nagging.

After closing the shop, he went home. JinKi stared at the dark starry night from his bedroom window. Thinking of her. Seungyeon. He took her hoodie from his closet. "Tenafly High School?", that's when he found out that she came from the US. "Swimming eh?...so she's an athlete, that's probably what kept her occupied all this time.". At the back her name was written. "Han Seungyeon" he said out loud. "Hello Seungyeon.."

He fell into a deep sleep with Seungyeon's hoodie beside him.

~DREAM~

"Yah JinKi! Have you heard there is a new student?" his classmate informed him.

"Oh." JinKi not slightly interested.

"Here she is!" JinKi not even listening to what this new student has to say. He was occupied with Seungyeon thoughts.

"Annyeonghaseyo...I'm Han Seungyeon.", JinKi turned around to see if he heard right but when he did, she was bowing to the whole class and couldn't see her face.

~END OF DREAM~

************

"Seoul Foreign Language High School (SFLHS)", that's where Seungyeon wanted to enrol. She has always been fond of learning different languages. She even thought of becoming a translator if she later realize that the entertainment industry isn't for her. Lucky enough, it was close to DSP. She can just directly go there after class.

"Okay then, fair enough. We'll set up an appointment to meet with the principal tomorrow", her parents seem satisfied with her choice.

Since Seungyeon is transfering from the US it was easy for her to be transfered to SFLHS. She was told that she can start school the next day.

************

She woke up at 6:00 am. She then changed into her uniforn. "Waah. I haven't worn a uniform in such a long time..I kinda miss it". During breakfast her parents surprised her with a new cellphone.

"Thank you!", her smile was unstoppable.

"You'll be needing it. Study hard okay?" her mom assured.

"Of course, that's a given".."I'm off...wish me luck and see you guys later!".

************

"Annyeonghaseyo...I'm Han Seungyeon.", she politely introduced herself and bowed.

Then she saw someone....someone familiar. They locked gazes and she naturally smiled at him. "It's JinKi-shi!".

There was an unoccupied seat beside JinKi. "Please seat next to me. Please seat next to me",he thought to himself. It was probably his lucky day because sure enough she did.

"Hi..remember me?", Seungyeon greeted JinKi.

JinKi just stared, unsure whether this was reality or just one of his dreams.

____________________________________
Note: I haven't checked for errors on this one. Well it's really not my thing so I apologize if there are any. Enjoy :)