First Meeting

Smiling Stars
"Annyeonghaseyo...I'm Seungyeon. Nice to meet you", she greeted everyone brightly.

Seungyeon was born and raised in South Korea but her parents sent her to the United States to study when she was just 12 years old. She finished middle school there and was on her sophomore year in Tenafly High School when she got a call from a representative of DSP entertainment that she got accepted to be a trainee. She is a bookworn, she loves going to school and it is on her priority list, but it has always been her dream to sing and perform. Her parents wanted her to be a doctor but went against their dream for her own.

"Hello Seungyeon-shi?" said the DSPe rep. "Congratulations, you have been accepted to be a trainee, you can come in for dance and vocal practice everyday starting next week here at the headquarters."

"Really? Thank you ajusshi", Seungyeon replied with excitement.

She hang up the phone, went online and booked her flight back to South Korea.

Now she just have to figure out how to tell her parents the big news.

********

She carried on with her plan. Her parents doesn't have any idea that she is going home for training and not for a short vacation like she told them as an excuse.

"Omma!Appa! I'm back", she yelled the minute she arrived at home.

"Oh! Seungyeon-ah, how are you? Your appa and I miss you so much", her mom said. "How is school?".

"Uhmmm..Omma let's talk tomorrow, I'm tired.", she excused herself.

She lied of course. In fact she couldn't make herself sleep. She was too excited to go to the DSP headquarters and start practicing. She unpacked her things and settled down. She opened her computer and browsed about the industry that she's getting herself into.

It was already 4am and still wide awake.

"Jet lag", she thought to herself.

If she's awake at night, she knows that she's going to be tired and sleepy during the day so she thought, "I should buy coffee first thing tomorrow and maybe walk around and get some fresh air. It has been a while".

She woke up and looked at her watch. It's 7:12 AM. "Time to get up Seungyeon, you have a long day ahead of you...first, coffee.", she told herself.

"Omma, I'm just gonna walk around the neighborhood and get myself some coffee, okay?", she yelled. Her mom was at the kitchen fixing breakfast. She didn't even bother to listen to her reply and just walked straight out the door.

"A lot has changed", she whispered. Although she did go home every holiday, she had so little time to tour the neighborhood. With her hoodie up and ipod on her ears full blast she didn't here someone telling her to move. A person in a bicycle with packages of fresh meat crashed into her.

"YAAAAH!", Seungyeon was annoyed. She was trying to get up when someone spoke.

"I'm sorry Miss, but I told you to move...", it was a guy.

"Urgggh. So clumsy. Be careful next time okay?", Seungyeon thought that this was probably her punishment for lying to her parents. And besides she was fine, nothing seems to be broken except for her hoodie that got blood stains from the meat. She took it off and the guy grabbed it.

"I'll wash it for you, it's the least I could do...and I know a friend whos family owns a laundromat", he smiled. Seungyeon saw his smile and admired it.

"I'm JinKi by the way....and you?", he looked at her waiting for an answer.

"Seungyeon", still a little annoyed by the situation.

"Okay, so tomorrow you can just find me at Ha Dong meat shop just around the corner to pick up your hoodie", JinKi said.

"Okay".."Do you happen to know a coffee shop around here?", she asked. "I haven't been here for a long time and it has changed drastically".

"Yeah, there is one across the meat shop...let me walk you there", he offered.

This whole time, his smile didn't disappear. Whenever Seungyeon look at his direction, she'll catch him smiling and greeting everyone he meets.

"What an interesting kid," she said while staring at him.

"Here we are", JinKi pointed at the coffee shop's direction. "See you tomorrow then?".

"Yep".

JinKi couldn't get his eyes off of Seungyeon. He went in the shop and got in trouble for ruining some of the meat specifically the beef from the package.

"Omma! Appa! Aren't you even going to ask if I was okay?" he was giggling by himself.

"This kid! Why are you so clumsy?" his mom joked.

"Because I'm your son", both of them laughed.

5 minutes passed and JinKi saw Seungyeon coming out from the coffee shop.

He told himself, "See you tomorrow Seungyeon-shi".