Bond

Smiling Stars

JinKi finally realized that he wasn't dreaming. "Yes of course...I heard you came by yesterday to pick up your hoodie but I wasn't around, sorry about that".

"Yes I did, and sorry that it took me a week before I got back to you.....I was busy", trainees are forbidden to tell anyone that they are training to be idols. That is the golden rule. Since Seungyeon didn't really have any friends at the moment, that rule hasn't been a pain for her. She thought, "It's going to be so hard to hide it to your friends about your whereabouts."

"It's okay. If you want I'll bring it tomorrow", to be honest he doesn't really want to return the hoodie. He wanted something that will remind him of her. "Yes please.Thanks.", she replied. "It's really important that I get it back, it's my keepsake from my previous school."

They continued talking during lunch break. She pretty much had said everything about her life except for the fact that she is a DSP trainee. They both discovered that they share the same passion for music.

"You have a really nice voice", Seungyeon praised JinKi when he sang her a verse from a famous korean drama. "Have you ever thought of auditoning to become an idol?", she was curious because he definitely had potential.

"I have thought about becoming a singer but I don't like the fame that comes with it", his face was serious.

"I get what you mean", replied Seungyeon

***********

After months in school with JinKi on her side, they have gotten to know each other pretty well. They've gotten so close that both decided to drop the honorifics and talk like friends.

"You know, the name JinKi doesn't really suit you", Seungyeon just blurted out those words without even thinking.

"What suits me then?", JinKi asked and Seungyeon gave it a thought.

"Hmm..Aha! Onew", she laughed.

"Onew? Why?", JinKi puzzled at her choice.

"Because you are gentle. I know you act all macho sometimes but I know you and you know for a fact that you are a softy! Admit it!", Seungyeon impressed with herself for her deep thinking. She actually thought of something that made sense. She smiled to herself.

"If I'm Onew then you are NOONA", JinKi teasing Seungyeon. He knew that she hated being called noona because it only means that she is older.

"Whatever, ONEW~~~" she was all up on his face when suddenly someone accidentally pushed her into JinKi's arms. He caught her and for a split second they locked gazes. He released her and the awkward silence filled the air.

"Uhmmm..Okay so from now on I'm going to call you Onew, and I'm the only one allowed to call you by that name..deal?", Seungyeon lifted her hands towards him. He followed her and they shook hands. "It's a deal, noona".

***********

It was the day before Seungyeon's SS501 oppas are going to debut.

"Kyu Jong oppa! Don't be nervous..you can do it!", she knew that out of the 5 guys, he is going to have the toughest time. He is not as outgoing as hyung joon, not as confident as jungmin, not as witty as hyun joong and although youngsaeng is also the shy type, his level of shyness is no comparison to Kyu Jong.

"Thanks for the encouragement Seungyeon-ah", he patted her back and walked in the practice room. She wanted to stay with them but she had loads of homeworks to do.

Her phone rang. She received a text message from Onew.

(note: I will be using onew now instead of JinKi, just to let you know so there won't be any confusion)

~Text Message~

Noona, would you like to watch a movie with me tomorrow after school?

~End of message~

She wanted to but she had to practice. She doesn't want to say no and make him feel rejected. But she has to.

Seungyeon->Onew: Tomorrow? Sorry I can't.

Onew didn't reply back. So she decided to text him again.

Seungyeon->Onew: Some other day maybe? How about Saturday?

Onew replied as quick as his fingers could type on the keypad.

Onew->Seungyeon: Sure thing.

**********

Onew has been suspicious of Seungyeon. He thought, she always disappear after school. He doesn't know her whereabouts and thinks that Seungyeon doesn't want him to know either.

So after class Onew followed Seungyeon to her destination. DSP headquarters.

"What is she doing there?", he thought. Then a guy approached Seungyeon and gave her a little hug. He doesn't understand why he was annoyed by what he just saw. He focused on the guy's face then to Seungyeon's. "She's smiling", he thought. "I need to get to the bottom of this".

Onew was looking for the right time to ask her about what he saw that day. He never said a word regarding that, but he certainly wasn't gonna let it go. After all, they are friends. He felt like he had the right to know.

*********

"Should I tell him?", Seungyeon contemplated whether to tell Onew about her being a DSP trainee. She wanted to tell Onew for a long time now, she even spilled hints at him here and there but it seemed like it didn't register to him.

It's Saturday. Both of them has been looking forward to this. Finally, some real bonding time with someone they both considered as best friends.

"So, what movie do you want to watch?", Onew asked.

"Anything without the sight of blood", Seungyeon isn't really into blood gore movies. "Oh how about sisterhood of traveling pants?". She has read the book so she wanted to watch the movie version.

Onew agreed with delight. Although it is a chick flick, he doesn't mind as long as it is with Seungyeon. The movie was almost 2 hours. After the movie, they went to the nearby park, bought ice cream and just enjoyed the moment.

"I have something to tell you".
"I have a question".

Both of them said with syncronization.

"Ladies first", Onew being the gentleman that he is.

"Okay so..I'm actually not allowed to say this but I can't hide it from you anymore.", Onew just stared at her, hoping that what she's about to say will answer his prior question.

"I'm a DSP trainee", Seungyeon informed.

Onew was in shock, not that he didn't expect that possibilty. He just thought that she was going to confess that she has a boyfriend. He was relieved that it wasn't the case at all.

"Your turn...what was your question?"

Onew stuttered.

________________________________
Note: Again with the grammar and spelling errors. Sorry about that. I'm just to lazy to proof read it. LOL.