Your dream is my dream

Smiling Stars

"Do you have a boyfriend?", Onew thought to himself. He couldn't collect enough courage to actually ask her.

"Uhmm...never mind. It's not important anymore", Onew was side tracked by the fact that she was a trainee. "So since when?".

"Remember when we first met?", Seungyeon implied.

Onew then realized that Seungyeon has been a trainee for quite a long time.

Seungyeon then continued, "I really want to become a singer so bad. I even gave up the opportunity to study abroad just for this." She is very serious about entering the chaotic and competitive music industry.

*******

"Son, have you heard that SM entertainment are holding a nationwide audition? You should audition so that the whole world will know how talented you are." Onew's mom was the first person who discovered his angelic voice. Not only is her son smart, but musically gifted as well. She boasted.

"Omma! I am not interested in that kind of stuff", right then he thought of Seungyeon and her ambition to become an artist. He thought, "If Seungyeon debuts, she'll be so busy and won't have time to hang out with me anymore...maybe if I too become a celebrity, we will have more bonding time together". It was smart of him to have thought of that plan but he didn't consider the consequences. The cons. It won't be that easy. And he is about to learn it the hard way.

He went upstairs to his bedroom and started dooling on his notebook.

승연..? 승연씨..?승연이..?한승연..?
[Seungyeon..?Seungyeon-shi..?Seungyeon-i..?Han Seungyeon..?]

Then he browsed the details on where and when the auditions will be held. "I am going to surprise her...although I probably should tell her after the audition when I'm sure that I have passed", he thought. Imagining how Seungyeon will react once she hear this news, he texted her to say good night.

******

"Congratulations, you are in..welcome to SM Entertainment", tears of joy filled Onew's face. His mom however had the biggest reaction.

"My boy is going to be a star!", she bragged to the costumers.

"Omma! You aren't suppose to say that!", similar with Seungyeon's situation, he is not allowed to tell anyone about it. But the minute they announced he passed, he broke that agreement. Right after he got out from the building he texted Seungyeon the big news.

"Oh a message from Onew", Seungyeon said to herself while opening the message.

Onew->Seungyeon: Guess what? I am now a SMe trainee.

Seungyeon was in total shock. Writing a reply wouldn't be enough so she decided to call him instead.

"Yah Onew-ah! Really?", Seungyeon feeling happy for his dear friend. "Why didn't you tell me?".

"Well I wanted to make sure that I got in before telling you...", Onew so mighty and acting all proud.

"That's great news! Now we are the same", she exclaimed. "Okay well, see you at school and fill me in on all the details...Congratulations Onew", then she sent him a smiley face.

********

"I have practice", Onew told Seungyeon, disappointed. Seungyeon was inviting Onew to go out next weekend. Just the two of them for her birthday, but Onew had no idea that it was her birthaday. She has quite a lot of childhood friends but she isn't used on celebrating it with many people. In fact, when she was in the US she barely remembered her birthday. Her parents were thousands of miles away so she thought that there was no reason to celebrate.

"Oh okay..that's fine", Seungyeon hid her sadness.

"Why?", Onew had a feeling that it was for something important, but wasn't quite sure of himself.

"Nothing nothing", she left to excuse herself to the wash room.

********

"Happy Birthday Seungyeon!", her parents greeted her with a nice breakfast and a handful of present as she opened her eyes.

"Thank you!", she said with her signature eye smile.

"I know we haven't exactly been there for you on your last 3 birthdays...I'm sorry honey", they hugged her.

"Thank you again Appa...Omma", Seungyeon's parents asked her if she had plans and told a lie. "Yes, I'm going out with some of my friends at noon".

"Well, you better get ready then, it's 10:30 am", her mom looked at the clock. "Where are you kids going?"

"Just...random places", she didn't understand why she had to lie.

11:45 am she left their house with no place to go. "Where should I go? Watch a movie by myself? So pitiful!", she thought. Scratching her head, confused whether to turn right or left, she ended up at the bus stop.

*********

"You guys can leave early today, there has been a mix up on the schedules. DBSK will be using the dance studio," told the trainers to the newly recruited trainees. Onew being one of them.

He then remembered that Seungyeon asked her out today and decided to surprise her by dropping by their house.

"Oh Onew! What are you doing here? I thought you and some friends are gonna meet our Seungyeon?", her parents had no idea what was going on. Onew was confused himself.

"What? She said that?", Onew still confused.

"She said she will celebrate her birthday with her friends", they informed Onew.

"Birthday? Today?", Onew sprinted as fast as he could. He had no time to hear what Seungyeon's parents had to say, he was perfectly convinced that it was indeed her birthday.

"She just left about an hour ago", Seungyeon's parents shouted from afar. He heard it.

"Where could she be?", he didn't know where to start so he decided to call her.

He dialed her number which he already memorized. "Seungyeon-ah! Where are you?".

"At the park...eating ice cream. Why?", Seungyeon noticed Onew's desperate voice.

"With?", Seungyeon didn't respond for a long time.

"With my elementary friends", she sounded sad. Sad that she lied and sad that she was alone.

He found her. Sitting at a bench by herself, keeping her tears from falling.

"Happy Birthday my friend, Han Seungyeon", he screamed.

_______________________________________________________
Note: This chapter is a little short. I started writing my other shining kara fanfics so i was side tracked. haha. I didn't proof read, sorry for the errors. ENJOY! ;)