Red cheeks

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

 

It was one of those cold winter mornings and Taehyung has just come out of the bathroom after taking a hot shower.

 

He had a towel on his head and another one was wrapped around his waist.

 

The weather has been really chilly these days but he has to shower twice a day otherwise he’d smell like food for staying in the kitchen all day..

 

Who said working as a chef was easy and relaxing?

 

He’s even stressed just to think he has to wash all the clothes that have been piled up in the bathroom.

 

He was hurrying back to his room to  put some clothes on before going downstairs to work.

 

He sighed just thinking he’d have another psychological battle with Jisoo that day again.

 

She’s getting harder to handle as days pass by..

 

She even got mad at him yesterday when he was not doing anything.

 

He wouldn’t be surprised anymore if she got irritated by him even just by breathing.

 

He opened the door to his room and was about to take his towel off when he saw Jisoo standing in front of him.

 

“W-what are you doing here?” he asked startled.

 

He almost put a stripping show in front of her! 

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened and quickly turned her back against him.

 

Taehyung looked at the time. It was only 10:30.. what is she doing here at the restaurant already?

 

“Put some clothes on.. hurry up..” said Jisoo embarrassed.

 

“Why did you barge in my room, Manager Kim?” asked Taehyung taking some clothes from the cabinet. “You must have wanted to peek on me..”

 

Jisoo covered her cheeks. She should have just waited for him outside the door.

 

She almost saw something she shouldn’t..

 

Her heart is racing just thinking how bad it could have ended.

 

Or maybe.. good?

 

Oh no.. what’s wrong with her mind?

 

“I came here to ask you something..” she said in a low voice. “Can I look at you? Are you dressed up now?”

 

“You can turn around..” said Taehyung quickly.

 

Jisoo turned to him and covered her eyes right away.

 

“What were you thinking, Taehyung? You’re still !” said Jisoo screaming.

 

“What do you mean I’m ? I’m wearing my boxers now.. you have seen my upper body already and I am covering what you haven’t seen yet..” he said grinning.

 

Jisoo threw him the blanket.

 

Taehyung is doing everything he can do to make her annoyed this early in the morning!

 

But she must stay calm.. she came here to ask a favor from him..

 

“Now tell me what you came here for..” said Taehyung putting on his pants.

 

Jisoo lowered her hands from her face.

 

“I wanted to tell you that-..”

 

Jisoo hesitated. It isn’t a grand favor but she somehow feels embarrassed.

 

She was looking on the floor and when she finally lifted her gaze, she found Taehyung just a foot away from her..

 

Still shirtless.. he looks.. good..

 

Water is dripping from his hair to his face down to his chin then to his neck..to his chest..

 

Her gaze lingered there..

 

She gulped. Darn it.. he looks even more attractive now..

 

“Want to touch it?” asked Taehyung  smiling like a devil at her.

 

Well.. he was a real devil back then..

 

Jisoo cleared .

 

“Why would I want to touch your.. abs?” she asked still looking at his body. “Did..you.. work out a lot?”

 

Taehyung chuckled.

 

Jisoo covered her face again. What is she even asking him now? 

 

“Never mind..” said Jisoo standing upright. “I came here to ask you to come down at least 15 minutes later..”

 

Taehyung’s brows furrowed. Is she allowing him to be late? Why? Because she feels bad for him working hard? 

 

This is so out of the blue.. she was shooting fire with her eyes until last night..

 

“My parents are coming to see me today.. they have an appointment nearby so they said they’d pass by the restaurant..” said Jisoo lowering her gaze.

 

Taehyung remained silent.

 

So Jisoo is asking him to stay in his room so he wouldn’t bump into them..

 

But he also wants to see how they are now..

 

He was close to them.. 

 

Jisoo would bring him to her parents’ house twice a month. 

 

He had a good time with them.. 

 

Those days are like a dream now..

 

It was really wonderful.. beautiful..

 

But it is over now..

 

He couldn’t say a proper goodbye to them either.. 

 

 

“I’m sorry but.. I don’t want them to see that we are working together.. I don’t want them to misunderstand that we-..”

 

“That we’re back together?” asked Taehyung looking at her.

 

Jisoo met his eyes.

 

She nodded.

 

“My mom might pass out if she sees you.. around me..” 

 

Taehyung heaved a sigh. Does Jisoo hate him so much? Do her parents despise him too? Because of what happened to them years ago? Because of their breakup?

 

He couldn’t say anything. There was nothing for him to complain about..

 

“I’ll go now before the other guys arrive..” said Jisoo walking past him to reach the door.

 

Taehyung grabbed her arm before she could hold the doorknob.

 

“Are they doing well?” asked Taehyung in a soft voice.

 

Jisoo turned to him again.

 

“Yes.. luckily..” she replied quickly.

 

Taehyung smiled a little.

 

He can’t even ask her to send his regards to them..

 

Jisoo opened the door but before going out..

 

“How about yours?” she asked hesitant.

 

Taehyung’s eyes lowered.

 

“Still the same.. it’s just.. I have a little step brother now..” he said smiling.

 

Jisoo faced him completely. He has a stepbrother now?

 

His dad had a child with his stepmom?

 

“My mom.. she got remarried.. just like my dad..”

 

Jisoo felt her chest squeezing in pain.

 

Taehyung’s dad had an affair which forced his mom to get a divorce.

 

She knows how he felt back then when his family was broken for the first time..

 

And he’s saying now that his mom also got remarried..

 

That means.. Taehyung was all by himself.. he must have felt alone.. separated from his parents.. he must have felt pitiful..

 

Jisoo felt herself being taken to the past as she remembered Taehyung’s stories about his parents.. how he loved them.. how he wanted for his family to be united again..

 

In the end.. it didn’t.. 

 

She was still immersed in these memories when she heard her phone ring.

 

Her mom was calling her. They must have arrived already.

 

“I have to go down now.. I’ll send you a message once I get them out of the restaurant..” said Jisoo hurrying downstairs.

 

Taehyung closed the door before going back to his bed to sit down.

 

Ten years have passed.. a decade.. but why is everything still so vivid to him?

 

He smiled recalling how his first meeting with Jisoo’s parents went..

 

He won’t be able to forget that..

 

Her parents were the best.. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*flashback*

 

 

 

“Do you understand it now?” asked Jisoo as she looked at Taehyung who was staring at her while smiling.

 

Jisoo brought Taehyung to her apartment to help him with his studies. He’s a semester behind so she wants him to catch up.

 

“Were you even listening to me? I have already explained this for the third time..” 

 

Jisoo pouted.

 

Taehyung smiled wider.

 

“I don’t think I can understand it even if you explain it again.. you keep distracting me..” said Taehyung hugging her.

 

Jisoo blushed. 

 

“So.. what do you want me to?” asked Jisoo being stiff.

 

She could feel Taehyung’s breath on her face.. this is why she isn’t moving at all.. what if their lips touch?

 

Her heart is already thumping just imagining it!

 

For now.. the farthest they went was to hold hands.. hug.. and kiss on their cheeks..

 

They haven’t had their first kiss on their lips yet.. 

 

It’s been two weeks since they started dating.. 

 

She doesn’t know if it’s too early to kiss or if it’s already late.. or is Taehyung just waiting for her to do the first move or is he just taking his time slowly with her?

 

This is frustrating! Why is she even thinking about this now?

 

She was still imaging things in her head when Taehyung touched her face with one hand and turned it to him.

 

Jisoo gulped. Is he finally.. going to kiss her now?

 

She became nervous all of a sudden..

 

Should she close her eyes now? Or should she wait until their lips touch?

 

How about her lips? Should she open them or keep them closed?

 

What the heck should she do in this situation? What if he doesn’t find her kiss satisfying? She knows he has had other women before her.. 

 

She was holding her breath. She might die at this rate.. when is Taehyung going to do it? He should hurry up!

 

Then she felt him kissing her on her forehead.

 

“I’ll listen to you this time.. can you explain it again?” asked Taehyung pulling his hand away from her face.

 

Jisoo’s mouth fell open. That.. was it? Nothing else? Just on her forehead? It wasn’t even close to .. was that enough for him?

 

Taehyung opened his notebook and grabbed a pen.

 

“I’m ready..” he said smiling.

 

Jisoo bit her lower lip. If he isn’t going to initiate it..she will do it!

 

She closed his notebook and took the pen from him leaving him confused.

 

“Taehyung..” she said putting her hands on his shoulders.

 

Taehyung gulped nervously. What is Jisoo doing? Why does she look so serious?

 

“Let’s kiss..” said Jisoo staring at his eyes. “Why aren’t you trying to kiss me on my lips?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter