Forgiving hearts

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 14

 

 

 

 

 

“I fall in love with a woman once every three years but.. why did it have to be someone already gettig married?” asked Suga as he looked outside the kitchen door.

 

Jimin chuckled.

 

“Who told you to fall for someone quickly?” he asked without looking at him. “And can you stop staring at them outside? They will feel awkward to know someone is watching them..”

 

“But.. who is she?” asked Joy curiously.

 

“That’s right.. who is that woman talking with chef and Jisoo unnie?” Rosè was also looking through the door.

 

Jimin closed the door to make them mind their own business.

 

“You must know something we don’t..” said Suga folding his arms. “Is there something going on with Manager Kim and chef?”

 

Jimin bit his lower lip. He doesn’t want to get grilled by Jisoo later.

 

But.. this is mostly their fault.. she and chef should have been more careful..

 

Why go to a club and cause a scene? And why bring someone related to both of them here at their workplace?

 

They must be asking to get exposed..

 

“I.. don’t know anything..” he said shrugging his shoulders.

 

Rosè and Joy thinned their eyes staring at him.

 

“After saving you last night from those men.. you are hiding this information from us?” Rosè said shaking her head. “Alright.. I guess we are really just colleagues..”

 

Jimin sighed. Does he have to hear all of this just to protect those two outside?

 

“Just tell us Jimin.. I promise we won’t say anything to chef or to Manager Kim so-..”

 

Then the door opened and there came in Taehyung.

 

“Chef!” Joy was surprised to see him.

 

He didn’t hear them talking about him, did he?

 

“All of you must be curious about those two..” said Taehyung in a low voice.

 

Oops.. he did..

 

Suga nodded his head uncosciosly.

 

Jimin nudged him.

 

“Well.. it isn’t like that chef..” said Rosè faking a smile.

 

“Why would we get curious about someone else’s business?” 

 

Joy forced a laughter.

 

“They were college friends..” said Taehyung. “They went to the same college.. and.. I did too..”

 

Their mouths fell open.

 

“Then.. you already knew.. Manager Kim?” asked Suga in disbelief.

 

Taehyung nodded.

 

“Jisoo and I.. dated in our first year of college..” he told them honestly.

 

“W-what?” Rosè blurted it out before she knew it.

 

What a plot twist! She would have expected everything but this!

 

Then the scene she saw inside the toilet must have been... real?

 

Suga turned to Jimin.

 

“You.. what are you? You knew about this?”

 

Jimin nodded.

 

“And.. what about now.. chef?” asked Joy anticipating his answer. “You and Jisoo unnie..?”

 

Taehyung gave a smile before responding.

 

“I.. I still love her.. and I am going to date her again.. so you two..” he said looking at the men. “Don’t even think of doing anything with her.. specially you..”

 

He pointed at Jimin.

 

“Don’t get close with her..”

 

Jimin chuckled. 

 

“You’re laughing? Why?” asked Taehyung raising his voice.

 

Jimin shrugged his shoulders as he went back to what he was doing before.

 

“You aren’t answering me? Why? Do you plan on staying close to Jisoo?”

 

Rosè and Joy were smiling to themselves after seeing their chef’s jealous side.

 

While.. Suga was feeling betrayed by constant revelations.

 

“Then.. they were just friends? He didn’t really like Manager Kim? Then who does he like?” he said to himself as his eyes followed Jimin and Taehyung.

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

Jisoo couldn’t look at her in the eye.

 

She hasn’t even taken a proper look at her ever since Jennie stepped inside the restaurant.

 

Did anything change in her? Her hairstyle? They used to be mistaken as twins before because they both had long black hair..

 

Did Jennie become taller? Their height was also similar.. others would tell them they were really cute together..

 

 

“Jisoo unnie..” said Jennie softly.

 

That’s right.. she is a few months older than her..

 

She couldn’t believe she’d be hearing her voice again after all these years..

 

“Will you.. not look at me?” 

 

Jisoo slowly lifted ber gaze from the table to her face.

 

And now she can see her face clearly.. those fluffy cheeks.. that gummy smile of hers..

 

“You have gotten even prettier... unnie..”

 

Jisoo smiled.

 

“You two.. you look even more chic now..”

 

Jennie took out something from her bag and gave it to her.

 

“My wedding invitation..” she said. “It will be held in New Zealand.. I know it’s impossible for you to come because it’s too sudden but still..”

 

“Thanks for inviting me..” said Jisoo grabbing it with both hands. “This invitation looks pretty.. it’s creative.. you must have made this yourself..”

 

Jennie almost teared up. 

How can she still remember everything about her? Jisoo unnie would always ask her about her project designs and layouts because she knew she was better than her.. 

 

 

“I’m glad you made time for me today unnie.. I’m really thankful..” she said smiling wide. “I have been wanting to see you but I was.. too embarrassed of myself..”

 

Jisoo lowered her gaze again.

Just like her.. she has also wanted to see her once.. she did despise her before.. maybe in the first two years but.. she also missed her.. 

 

She was her first friend anyway.. she relied on her a lot.. and Jennie had always lent her a helping hand..

 

“I’m sorry that it took me 10 years to say sorry unnie.. I’m really sorry.. I was selfish.. I was jealous.. I was out of my mind.. I’m sorry.. I can only say I’m sorry unnie.. I’m sorry..”

 

Jisoo slowly held her hands.

 

“You know.. you should feel sorry to me.. for not attending Biology class that day.. I didn’t even study because I thought I’d copy from you but.. how could you just..?”

 

Both of them laughed.

 

“Unnie.. you’re still the same..” said Jennie. “You’re always making me laugh when the situation is serious..”

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

“I’m sorry.. I’m also sorry to you..” she said biting her lower lip. “You must have felt jealous because.. I was always talking about him whenever we were together.. I must have been annoying back then..”

 

“A little..” Jennie answere quickly.

 

Jisoo chuckled.

 

She’s finally able to laugh it out while talking about the past she couldn’t forget..

 

She was cursing the heavens until a few days ago for bringing Taehyung into her life again but it must be a blessing.. meeting him again.. and forgiving each other now..

 

“You two must be meant for each other unnie..”

 

Jisoo’s cheeks flushed red.

 

She cleared before answering.

 

“W-what are you saying? Taehyung and I are just.. colleagues.. who is meant for whom?”

 

She laughed awkwardly.

 

Jennie smiled.

 

“You used to be this flustered even before unnie..” she said looking at her. “I wouldn’t be surprised if tomorrow.. you’ll tell everyone that you’re dating again..”

 

“Who’s dating? Why would I date him?”

 

“Taehyung has only liked you.. even after you transferred to another college.. he would wait outside the room.. hoping he would see you.. wishing you’d appear.. I was feeling really bad for both of you back then.. because the good relationship you two had was broken because of me.. and seeing you are working together in the same place.. it makes my heart full unnie.. I hope.. sincerely.. that you two get back together.. and be happy.. I know if it hadn’t been for my stupid jealousy, you two would have gotten married already.. and maybe you would have had kids at this time..”

 

Jisoo’s tears were threatening to fall.

She and Taehyung were indeed planning to get married by the age of 25 back then.

 

They thought they wanted to have more children as possible.. and to have a long and joyful married life..

 

Would it have really happened? If they had never broken up that day? Would they have gotten married? Or would they have separated in another moment?

 

“I need to go now.. you also need to start preparing for work..” said Jennie standing by the door.

 

“You too.. you need to take a good rest before flying tomorrow..” said Jisoo smiling.

 

Jennie was about to go out of the door when Jisoo hugged her.

 

At that instant, Jennie couldn’t hold her tears back anymore.

 

Even after ten years, her unnie’s forgiving heart never changed..

 

She is the best friend she has ever had in her life.. 

 

And before they pulled themselves from the hug, Jennie whispered to her..

 

“That day.. I couldn’t attend the Biology class.. it was because.. I didn’t study either unnie.. I didn’t want to fail..”

 

The two of them looked at each other before laughing at the same time.

 

 

 

————————

 

 

 

 

It was a sunny yet chilly Sunday afternoon.

 

Jisoo was going back to her house after buying some groceries when she received a call from Taehyung.

 

“What do you want?” she asked as she entered the building.

 

“I want you..” said Taehyung quickly.

 

Jisoo chuckled. Is he supposed to be this honest with her?

 

She got on the elevator and pressed the button with her elbow.

 

“I can’t talk right now.. I have just come back from the supermarket.. can you-..?”

 

“I’ll wait for you outside the elevator then..” said Taehyung.

 

Jisoo’s brows closed in. Is he in front of her house now? What is he doing here?

 

The elevator doors opened and she really found him there.

 

Taehyung helped her carry the groceries.

 

“Why.. did you come here?” she asked confused. “I thought you would visit your dad today..”

 

Taehyung nodded as he followed her inside her house.

 

“We’re going to have dinner tonight so I thought I’d see you first..” he said placing the plastic bags on top of the table. “Aren’t you glad to see me?”

 

Jisoo pouted her lips.

 

“Why would I be glad to see you? I see you everyday at the restaurant that I’m getting tired of-..”

 

Taehyung hugged her from behind.

 

“Don’t you dare lie to me.. I know you love seeing me.. I always catch you staring at me..” he said kissing her cheeks.

 

Jisoo pulled herself from him before wiping her cheeks.

 

“Why are you always kissing me whenever you can? I never allowed you to-..”

 

Taehyung kissed her on her lips.

 

“I know you love being kissed by me so stop lying to yourself..” he said smirking.

 

Jisoo bit her lower lip.

Why.. is he so.. damn.. hot? 

And how can he tell that she’s lying? Does it show on her face?

 

Taehyung helped her organize her stuff while continuously teasing and making fun of her.

 

“Aren’t you feeding me anything?” he asked after putting away the last plastic of groceries. “I’m a little famished.. I had lunch at 12..”

 

Jisoo looked at him. 

 

“Do you want some cake? Coffee? Or some hot tea?” she asked taking two cups from the cabinet.

 

“Anything you want since we’re going to taste it together..”

 

Jisoo blinked a few times. Taste it together? He doesn’t mean.. he’s planning to kiss her again later, does he?

 

Why is he always hungry when it comes to her? It’s making her heart go weak..

 

“Go to the living room and wait for me there..” she said boiling some water.

 

Taehyung did as he was told without saying anything.

 

It’s been a week since he made up with her.

 

Although she hasn’t agreed to date him yet, he still feels happy..

 

Just being with her like this.. talking to her without arguing.. seeing her everyday.. 

 

This is enough for him now.. he won’t rush her.. he understands she might still be hesitant and confused..

 

He is willing to wait for her until she finally comes back to him.. until she confesses her love to him..

 

“Take this..” said Jisoo sitting across him.

 

Taehyung took the coffee and cake she was holding and placed them on the table before changing his seat next to hers.

 

“Why are you sitting beside me when there’s more space there?” Jisoo was trying to push him away but he wrapped his arms around her waist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter