A Night in Madrid

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Residencia

Madrid, Spain

 

Their itinerary does not stop there as the car they rode went through the Capital city of Spain in high speed. The sky has gone darker and the clock shows six in the evening. Instead of going to a hotel, the car stopped in front of a mansion.

“You said we are going holiday.” Said Ji-Hyo once the car stopped. A slight disappointment hit her because her stomach started to growl. She’s hungry.

Without looking at her, Jong-Kook replied, “You are travelling across the continent and you are now more than six thousand miles away from home. It’s a holiday, Song Ji Hyo. You barely do anything.”

In the next second, Jong-Kook has walked down from the car without waiting for her. His eyes stopped at the entrance of that big house. There’s a big fountain with sculpture of an exquisite Greek goddess right in front of the entrance which sends the classical vibes.

Ji-Hyo glanced at Jong-Kook who’s still starring at the big house in front of them. She couldn’t hold herself from asking, “Where are we? Are we signing another contract again?”

It’s a huge mansion with typical European style homes which often use bricks or stone and include high steeply pitched roofs, tall windows with shutters and traditional ornamental details like pediments and keystones. The master of the house must be rich, she thought.

Instead of saying yes, Jong-Kook shook his head and gave her a short answer, “No.”

Her eyes wandered around her surrounding and a familiar car caught her attention. “Sajangnim, it’s the same car as yours.” She pointed at the black colored two-door car.

Jong-Kook snorted with a laughter, “For your information, my Aston Martin that you bumped to the wall is named One-77 for a reason. There are only seventy-seven units worldwide as the company limits the production. From that seventy-seven units, I own three of them including this one.”

“You mean this is yours?” She widened her eyes, not sure if she could believe him.

Jong-Kook chuckled lightly, “It’s mine, Song Ji Hyo and I got another one in Seattle, United States. It’s my favorite series. So please, next time, don’t harm my babies.”

Ji-Hyo almost laughed her off at him for calling his sport cars babies. “Chamna.”

“Let’s go in.” Said Jong-Kook and his hand reflexively gripped onto her wrist, slightly dragging her with him.

Ji-Hyo didn’t argue or reject his touch but to just follow him instead. As they walked into the house, the European vibes is getting clearer. Natural materials are used for the floor and velvet are used as the go-to fabrics in achieving the elegant finishing touch. There’s a fireplace in the living room area which act as a center focus point.

“Do we just barged in like this?” She asked out of blue.

“Young master, Mr. Choi is waiting at the dining room.” Said one of the maid to Jong-Kook.

“Gracias.” Jong-Kook thanked her and followed by a friendly smile.

It’s getting even more peculiar for Ji-Hyo. He seemed to be so familiar with the place along with the maid as if they have met before.

Following Jong-Kook’s steps, they arrived at the dining room and her eyes caught three people are getting ready for their dinner as they were chatting happily. Two of them were women who have blue eyes and dark-blonde hair while the other man looked more like an Asian with typical dark hair and black eyes.

“It’s my family’s place.” Jong-Kook uttered and his whole family realized their presence in the next second.

The younger blonde-haired girl stood up from her seat and her lips curled that she approached Jong-Kook immediately. “Jong-Kookie oppa.” She squealed and drowned herself in Jong-Kook’s broad chest, hugging that bulging body of his.

Ji-Hyo’s expression turned blank as she tried to conclude what is actually happening. She hopes that her sense of hearing is still functioning because she heard that blonde-haired girl spoke Korean and the way she interacted with Jong-Kook, it looked like they have known each other for a very long time.

“Choi Ae Ri. You are still one spoiled brat.” Jong-Kook caressed her blonde hair which seems to be a little irritating for Ji-Hyo. Wait, Choi Ae Ri, it’s a Korean name.

Ae-Ri slightly pouted her lips, “It has been a while since you came here. You are not forgetting that you have family here, are you? Appa and Mamá have been so anticipating for your visit.”

Jong-Kook replied with a light chuckle, “How can I forget?”

The older blonde-haired woman also gave Jong-Kook a hug and Jong-Kook casually kissed both of her cheeks just like how Pedro did to Ji-Hyo earlier at the mint.

“How have you been, Sierra?” Jong-Kook asked. So, her name is Sierra.

Sierra, the older woman might seem to be in her early sixties but the way she dressed shows that she’s literally catching up with the latest fashion trends. Jong-Kook took several steps forward and bowed to the older man who sat just right at the middle of the table.

“Jeo wasseoyo.” Said Jong-Kook, telling him that he’s here and continued, “Abeoji.” It’s his father.

Slowly, Ji-Hyo tried to collect her memories about the conversation with Cha Seung Won several weeks ago.

 

Forty years ago, Choi Jong Hwan, the son of South Korea’s Ambassador for Spain married the only daughter of Grupo Salazar’s chairman resulting to this jerk indirectly inherits Grupo Salazar. After Grupo Salazar’s chairman passed away, the position went straightly to him.

 

Her eyes glanced at the younger blonde-haired girl and her name resonate loudly in her head. Choi Ae Ri. Next, her eyes stopped at the older blonde who looked like a pure Caucasian, Sierra. The last man, who looked like pure Asian who Jong-Kook acknowledge as father. He must be Choi Jong Hwan. In the next second, a glimpse of her conversation with Cha Seung Won flashed in her head.

 

“And guess what? Kim Jong Kook is his illegitimate son.”

Ji-Hyo scoffed loudly at Seung-Won, refusing to believe the non-sense he just said. “Stop the rubbish, Cha Seung Won-Ssi.”

Seung-Won raised one of his eyebrows, “Seems like I’m wrong. You still don’t know much about Kim Jong Kook despite of seeing him every day.”

“I have told you million times that Kim Jong Kook is not an ordinary person. He’s more complicated that how you imagine.”

“And that’s your job to solve it.”

Ji-Hyo exhaled sharply in frustration, “Seriously?”

“I gave you choice, Ji-Hyo ya. Kim Jong Kook or your parents. It’s an easy task.” Seung-Won replied with a mischievous smile tucked on his lips.

“How the hell could I look for his weakness when you yourself don’t even know what it is. It’s just like describing colors to blind person.” She raised her voice at him.

Seung-Won’s gaze turned sharper and crossed his hands on his chest, “Two weeks from now, Kim Jong Kook will be going to Spain, visiting his sick father. If my prediction is correct, you will be coming with him.”

“How are you so sure?” She doubted.

“I always objectify everything I stated. So, don’t take my words for granted, Ji-Hyo ya.” That sounds more like a threat. “You don’t want to jeopardize both your parents, do you?” He continued.

Ji-Hyo’s eyes turned bloodshot red once he mentioned her parents and her jaw tightened on the spot, “Don’t you dare to harm my parents.” She said through her gritted teeth.

The whole room was immediately filled by Seung-Won’s wicked laugh, scoffing at her. “Then you need to do as how I command you to.”

It’s getting stressful for her as she tried to inhale more breath to calm herself down. “What do you want me to do?” She asked, surrendering.

“Easy.” Said Seung-Won and he showed Ji-Hyo his tablet. He commanded, “Memorize that address.”

Ji-Hyo’s eyes squinted at the foreign address. It’s written down, Hotel Santo Mauro, Calle de Zurbano, 36, 28010, Madrid, Spain.

“Just this?” She asked.

“Of course not.” Seung-Won rolled his eyes and continued, “I want you to make sure that Kim Jong Kook is here by his room exactly ten at night.”

Ji-Hyo argued back, “He must have booked the accommodations beforehand. He even rented a yacht last time, for God sake.” 

“My informant confirmed that he only booked one of his jets to Madrid. As far as I can see, there’s no confirmed booking about accommodations.”

“It means we’re going to fly back to Seoul at the same day.”

Seung-Won shook his head, “Wrong. Didn’t I tell you earlier? His family is residing in Madrid.”

“Why would he stay in hotel if he can stay in his family’s house. You’re ridiculous.” Ji-Hyo started to lose her temper but still, she ought to follow his game.

“That’s your main task, Ji-Hyo ya. Make sure that he stays in this hotel instead of his family’s house. Remember 10 PM sharp. I don’t want to know how the hell are you going to convince him or persuade him. I just want him here.”

“What’s your plan after that?” She dared to ask.

Seung-Won smiled mischievously, “My plan? Proposing an encounter for Kim Jong Kook with the grim reaper.”

She found out that her hands are balled into a tight fist upon witnessing Cha Seung Won’s dirty and scheming plan. How the hell can she do that to Jong-Kook?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter