The Origin

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The harsh sunrays penetrated through the glass window which caused Song Ji Hyo to slowly open her eyes. The first thing that greet her is her sore body. She rubbed her eyes gently and realized she’s not on her bed. Tilting her head, the figure of a muscular man was what she sees and little did she know, his big arm is circled through her petite waist.

 

“You are awake.” Jong-Kook mumbled with his closed eyes.

 

Ji-Hyo tried to dodge a few steps away but she was then pulled by Jong-Kook into his embrace. He slowly opened his eyes only to witness her beautiful looking face.

 

Jong-Kook smiled and tucked her few strands of hair that covered her face, “Please promise me one thing.” He said.

 

“What is it?” Asked Ji-Hyo, not having any idea about what is it.

 

He reached for her hand and gently squeezing it before answering, “Let me finish this game. Just stay still, don’t do anything because I will be the one who’s going to end everything.”

 

“How are you going to end this ridiculous game?” She sounded hesitating.

 

“Trust me, I have my own way.” Said Jong-Kook firmly, hoping that she will listen to him this time.

 

 

It was about five in the evening that Ji-Hyo received a voicemail from Kim Jong Kook and not long after that a package came along which is surprisingly addressed to her.

 

“Is it for me?” She asked the delivery man.

 

The delivery man nodded his head, “Song Ji Hyo-Ssi, right?” He asked one more time to make sure.

 

Ji-Hyo hesitated at first remembering that it’s Kim Jong Kook’s house and she never put his address as hers.

 

“The sender is Kim Jong Kook-Ssi.” The delivery man added.

 

She decided to accept it at last and replied, “Thank you.”

 

As soon as the delivery man went away, she took her phone to check on the voicemail that she just received. The manly voice of Kim Jong Kook could be heard from the other side and it sounded like this.

 

“When you hear this voice mail, you might be receiving the package I sent. I have booked for a dinner session in Lotte Hotel. Make yourself pretty, Ji-Hyo yah. Tae-Hyun will drive you there.”

 

He paused for a while before continuing, “I will see you tonight.”

 

It was a short message indeed but strangely it successfully brought her to curl her lips. After the confession that night, she doesn’t know whether she has to be grateful that Jong-Kook still wanted to keep her by his side or she has to start worrying about Cha Seung Won.

 

Ignoring her thoughts for some while, she finally opened the package and it’s a dress. A white colored off-shoulder dress with flower pattern on it. It’s simple but pretty at the same time, she thought. When she’s still busy looking at that dress, the presence of a man startled her.

 

“Are you done with yourself?” Asked Cha Tae Hyun who seemed to be all ready to be her driver for tonight.

 

Ji-Hyo widened her eyes disbelieve at Tae-Hyun, “I thought it’s dinner and it’s just five in the evening.”

 

Tae-Hyun chuckled lightly, “Jong-Kook actually told me that you have to be there by six. I seriously have no idea why he’s making me a driver today. He seriously has In-Joo ahjussi to do that job.”

 

She probably knew the reason. It’s because he trusted Cha Tae Hyun more that his fellow friend might be able to protect her better.

 

“Give me fifteen minutes. I will be ready in no time.” Ji-Hyo replied shortly and vanished from his eye sight.

 

Twenty minutes passed and Tae-Hyun started to let out a soft sigh when it seriously passed the fifteen minutes she said earlier. Nobody likes waiting and it’s getting boring for him.

 

“Gaja.” Said Ji-Hyo who appeared in the next five minutes.

 

Cha Tae Hyun is not gonna lie but this woman looked undeniably gorgeous in that dress. “You look good in those. Let’s go or Jong-Kook is going to fire me for taking too long to bring you there.”

 

Ji-Hyo replied with a light chuckle, “You are his best friend. He’s not going to fire you.”

 

“Jong-Kook is a man with words and he hates tardiness. So, I’d rather not to mess with him.” Said Tae-Hyun who entered the car together with Ji-Hyo sitting at the back. “Is this a dream come true? You used to like him a lot during our high school days.” He continued.

 

Is it? Is it really a dream come true? Yes, she might have a huge crush on Jong-Kook but it was almost twenty years ago and she doubted if the feelings could last that long.

 

“Jong-Kook is a not just a good guy but he’s a decent person. He treats his friends and protect his family well. I guess you are so lucky to have him. Just don’t ever betray him, Ji-Hyo-Ssi because I will not stay still if you do so.” Tae-Hyun added and the words at the end of his sentence successfully sends shiver down to her spine.

 

She has never intended to betray him but it’s just that the circumstances forced her to. “Don’t worry, Cha Tae Hyun-Ssi.”

 

As they arrived Lotte Hotel, Tae-Hyun escorted her to the French restaurant and Kim Jong Kook is already there, sitting on the chair as if he’s waiting for their presence.

 

Jong-Kook smiled, showing his dimple to his best friend, “You may go.” He said shortly.

 

Tae-Hyun rolled his eyes disbelief, “Seriously? I am a secretary not a bodyguard.” He smirked at Jong-Kook before leaving the scene.

 

Instead of getting angry, Jong-Kook chuckled and replied, “Thank you, buddy.”

 

When Tae-Hyun is completely gone, his attention is back to the woman in front of him and his lips curled into a genuine smile once he noticed the beautiful look of her.

 

“Why are you bringing me out on a date this sudden?” Asked Ji-Hyo to break the silence.

 

Jong-Kook giggled lightly, “Who told you that this is a date?”

 

Her brows narrowed at him, “We are in a fine dining restaurant and with you sending me this dress. Isn’t it a date? And you got flowers behind your back. Are those for me?”

 

“It’s just a simple dinner. Nobody told you that it’s a date.” Jong-Kook replied easily and took the flowers that he hid behind his back, “Somebody dropped this at the road side that it’d be such a waste if it ends up at the garbage so I picked it up, thinking that you might like it.” He continued and handed her the bouquet of flowers.

 

That simple joke brought another laughter to her, “It’s camellia.” She said and she clearly knows that no way in hell that he’s picking these flowers from the roadside. “Thank you.” Ji-Hyo added and followed by a wide smile.

 

The slight happiness came to his heart when he got to witness the smile on her face. It’s such a relieve that she likes it. The joy was visible.

 

“Ppo ppo.” Said Jong-Kook and pointed his right cheek to her.

 

She looked at him disbelief, “Seriously? It’s a freaking public place.”

 

That reply resulted in Jong-Kook slightly pouted his lips, “No one cares and just do it quick. Come on.” He added and still showing her his right cheek.

 

Is it the Kim Jong Kook she knows? Nobody could ever expect that Kim Jong Kook could act in such a cute way. Feeling like she couldn’t reject him, she finally managed to land a quick kiss on his right cheek.

 

“I will wait for the full kiss tonight.”

 

She rolled her eyes for another time and glared at him, “People could hear you, meong cheong ah!”  

 

Jong-Kook chuckled instead, “Control your temper. Why would you care so much about people?”

 

She chose to not reply him and gulped down the sparkling water instead. He might be right. Why should she care so much about people?

 

Just as what Jong-Kook mentioned earlier, it was just a dinner not a date that they went straight back to home when they were done eating. The sky has gone dark once they got home and it has passed midnight when Jong-Kook witnessed Ji-Hyo starring at the night sky instead of sleeping.

 

He slowly sneaked his big arms through her waist from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder, “What are you thinking about?” He asked softly.

 

Ji-Hyo slowly turned her body to Jong-Kook and let out a soft sigh before answering, “Nothing. I just couldn’t sleep yet.” Lie. It’s a lie.

 

Instead of replying her, Jong-Kook took out a black colored box from the pocket of his pajamas and handed it to her, “Open it.”

 

Her forehead narrowed once she got that box on her hand, “What’s this?” She questioned.

 

Jong-Kook smiled, “Just open it. I swear I didn’t pick this one from the roadside.”

 

She giggled at him and finally opened the box, “A bangle?”

 

Jong-Kook took the bangle out from the box and showed her the back of it.

 

“J&J?” She glanced at him.

 

He nodded and continued, “Yes. Jong-Kook and Ji-Hyo.”

 

Instead of feeling touched, she laughed at him, “Why are you being so cheesy? You sounded like a high school boy seriously.”

 

Jong-Kook ignored her and placed the bangle on her left wrist. It’s just a simple gold bangle with little diamonds scattered on it.

 

“This bangle comes with a screwdriver. I will keep the screwdriver with me so yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter