Retrouvailles

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking out from the restroom, Ji-Hyo spotted Jong-Kook who has went into his car. It was thrilling and nerve-wracking at the same time that they left the hotel in no time. A special thanks for Jong-Kook’s suit to cover her body.

“How could you get this dress in short period of time?” Ji-Hyo asked once she entered his car. It’s a white colored knee-length dress with long sleeves.

Jong-Kook opened his eyes when he noticed someone’s presence and it’s no other than his so called personal assistant. One word for her, she’s stunning.

“Why you always don’t look good in anything you wear.” He sneered at her instead of answering her question.

It resulted in Ji-Hyo rolling her eyes at him, “You are seriously so mean. Now that it makes sense why none of your engagements succeed.”

Jong-Kook started the engine and started to go through the Madrid metropolitan area. “Who told you so?” He asked without looking at her.

“Ho Hyun Joo. Everyone has been saying that it’s your first love curse.” Ji-Hyo replied and curiosity started to linger through her heart that she dared herself to question, “Why is your first love cursing you?”

Instead of getting offended, Jong-Kook answered her, “Didn’t I tell you before? I am not interested in getting married.”

“Why?” His answer felt odd for her somehow.

Jong-Kook exhaled softly, “You are always asking so much question. I don’t like that part.” He replied.

That response caused Ji-Hyo to shut up for a couple seconds. Everything about him is just so blur. She has been seeing this guy almost every day for more than a month but her knowledge about him is still a big zero. Except for having a crush on him during her high school days, she knows nothing about this guy including why Cha Seung Won holds grudges towards him.

“Where are we going?” Ji-Hyo asked because her surrounding feels foreign. She barely understands the signs nor the languages.

“I am craving for ice-cream.”

Ji-Hyo scoffed disbelief and if only she didn’t remember that he’s her boss, she might be pulling his chestnut-brown hair. “Seriously? You just survived another gunshot. How many times were that? Do you think you are sort of a cat who has nine lives?” She blurted out.

“You are too loud, Song Ji Hyo but thanks to the bulletproof pillows. I am completely fine.” Jong-Kook retorted easily as if he has no burden with him.

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes upon hearing Jong-Kook’s unbelievable reaction. However, when she was about to talk again, Jong-Kook stopped the car.

“Get down, Song Ji Hyo.” Jong-Kook commanded.

“Where is this? Shouldn’t you be looking for a place to stay tonight?”

“I told you I am craving for ice cream.”

Her forehead creased as she asked again, “Then where are we staying tonight? Shouldn’t you be going back to your family’s place?” The clock shows eleven at night.

Jong-Kook shook his head disagreeing with her, “I can’t risk my family’s safety just because of my presence.” He opened the car door and his next word made her jaw successfully dropped down to her stomach, “We are staying in the air tonight.”

Following Jong-Kook who exited the car, Ji-Hyo quickly tailed him from behind and still demanding for a clarity of where they are going to stay tonight, “You will keep your jets flying for the whole night with no destination?”

Jong-Kook laughed at her, “Of course not. I have contacted my people and they need some time to refuel the jet. So for the meantime, let’s just enjoy some delightful gelatos.”

In front of her, there’s a small ice-cream shop written down Kalúa Helado Artesanal. The doorbell rings once Jong-Kook opens it and it’s just a typical dessert shop with not much decorations or anything special. The only thing that caught her attention is the variety of flavors.

“This place might not look splendid but it’s the best place to get Italian taste in Madrid.” Jong-Kook whispered to her ear while her eyes were locked at the frozen dessert of Italian origin, gelato.

A biscotti gelato for him and pistachio for her. They were seated facing each other with no one in their surroundings. The shop opens till twelve at midnight and the clock shows thirty minutes to twelve.

“Why Sierra and Ae-Ri have blue eyes? As far as I can see, most people here have dark-brown eyes.” Ji-Hyo asked while her coned gelato.

Jong-Kook chuckled when he looked at her. A thirty-five years old woman who’s now looking like a five years old girl when she eats ice-cream. “The ice cream is all over your lips, Song Ji Hyo.”

“You are always trying to change the topic instead of answering.” She replied and her own lips which didn’t go unnoticed by Jong-Kook.

“Sierra’s paternal grandfather was an Icelander. Most Scandinavians are blue-eyed. So, Choi Ae Ri is lucky to inherit it.” He replied and scooped a spoonful of his gelato.

Ji-Hyo nodded her head but still, there are a lot of questions popping inside her head. “Why do you call her Sierra? She’s your mother.”

Jong-Kook put down his empty-cup and his gaze stopped at her, “Being my father’s wife does not mean that she’s my mother.”

“She’s not the one who sent you the kimchi and banchan?” She widened her eyes disbelief.

Once again, instead of replying her, Jong-Kook said, “Finish your gelato, Song Ji Hyo. We need to reach the airport now.”

“You are still not telling me are where is our destination.” Said Ji-Hyo as she wiped off the access gelato from her lips.

Jong-Kook stood up from his seat and gave her a short reply, “City of light.”

 

 

 Le Bourget Airport

Paris, France

 

Paris Le Bourget Airport is named the busiest private jet airport in Europe for a reason. It’s dedicated exclusively to private aviation and it’s situated next door to the scheduled airline hub of Charles de Gaulle airport. The flight from Madrid to Paris took approximately two hours and five minutes that it’s currently three in the morning.

“We landed?” Ji-Hyo asked with her eyes almost closed.

Jong-Kook, who’s wide awake stood up from his seat and stopped in front of her. “Wake up. There’s still six hours car ride to reach our destination.”

Ji-Hyo stretched out her tired muscles before getting up from the comfortable seat, “What about our belongings? We left it at the hotel.”

“They are safe and sound. Be quick, Song Ji Hyo. The car is waiting down there.” Said Jong-Kook and walked out from the jet without waiting for her.

“It’s three in the morning, seriously!” She grumbled.

The car has been running for five hours and it has yet to reach their destination. Jong-Kook slowly opened his eyes and noticed that the sun has rose but the woman beside him is still in her deep sleep. He took a quick glance on his watch and it shows thirty minutes past eight.

“Yah, Song Ji Hyo.” He called.

As always, this woman is not giving any response. She even snored which was considered loud according to Jong-Kook’s sense of hearing. Does he really need to use his way to wake her up?

Jong-Kook moved forward to kill the distance between them and shouted right on her ear, “There’s fire.”

“Mwo? Where?” Ji-Hyo opened her eyes instantly and she jumped in shock.

Jong-Kook laughed his off upon witnessing how funny her expression was. Her eyes were barely open when she gasped.

“Yah, Kim Jong Kook.” Ji-Hyo glared at the muscular man beside her, not bothering to think if she’s her boss or whatsoever. She just hates it when someone woke her up from her sleep.

Still finding the scene amusing, he pinched her cheek and muttered, “You are so funny.”

“Yah! Do you wish to die?” She pouted.

“You are the first person who ask such question. Seriously, Song Ji Hyo. No one raised their voice at me like how you do.” Said Jong-Kook and it’s weird too that he could cope with that and he let her stay near him. Perhaps, he’s getting used to her presence and all of her behavior.

Ji-Hyo was pulled back and apologized, “Mian.”

Despite of Jong-Kook’s description, city of light, the car is going towards the countryside area which was far from Ji-Hyo’s imagination.

She opened the car window and a fresh breeze welcomed her straight away that she mumbled, “Where on earth are we?”

“Bordeaux.” Said Jong-Kook and glanced at her, “Close the window, Song Ji Hyo. It’s cold.”

Ji-Hyo’s attention was derived from the view in front of her to Jong-Kook and she only remembered that she’s still wearing his suit while he only had his black buttoned-up shirt. He must be cold, she thought.

After closing the window, Ji-Hyo tried to took off his suit which was then stopped by Jong-Kook. “Keep it with you, Song Ji Hyo. Your dress is thinner than my shirt.” He added.

The feeling of guiltiness started to arouse in her heart. How could she accomplish Cha Seung Won’s mission when Kim Jong Kook treats her this good? Jong-Kook’s body was shivering and she noticed that.

“We have arrived, Monsieur Kim.” Said the chauffeur.

The car stopped in front of a big country house which looked more like a castle. The size itself is literally over one-hectare land. The house features stone exterior, porte cochèr, black iron windows and doors which provide the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter