Drunk

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Ji Hyo never really notice how many times she actually sees Cha Seung Won directly with her eyes. It has always been a threatening calls and messages about her father’s debt that if she got the chance, she’d rather avoid this ruthless jerk.

“It has been a while, Song Ji Hyo.” Cha Seung Won is sitting in front of her with a smirk tucked on his lips.

Ji-Hyo’s jaw tightened when she saw Seung-Won’s wicked chuckle, “What’s so funny, Cha Seung Won-Ssi?” Hatred is so visible in her tone.

Seung-Won scoffed loudly at her and showed his mischievous smile, “You are so unpatient, Song Ji Hyo. I told you that there’s a change in plan.”

“Five billion Won and please don’t you dare to hurt my parents because I am going to pay you what my father owed.” She sighed sharply.

Seung-Won shook his head and said, “Didn’t I told you that it’s not about five billion Won anymore, Song Ji Hyo. I want something more than that.”

It’s getting frustrating for her and the atmosphere is getting suffocated. “So, what do you want?” She raised her voice, screaming her lungs out.

Seung-Won replied, “Kim Jong Kook.”

Ji-Hyo inhaled for more air to calm herself down before she could answer this evil jerk, “Believe me. Kim Jong Kook is not someone you can play with. Don’t look down at him, Cha Seung Won-Ssi. Kim Jong Kook is capable enough to burn you into ashes.”

Seung-Won kept his expression calm and he didn’t look surprise with what Ji-Hyo told her. “I know.” He paused and smirked. “And that’s why I am looking for his weakness.” He continued.

“What’s his weakness?”

Seung-Won shrugged his shoulder, “I don’t know.”

Ji-Hyo’s eyebrows narrowed at the man in front of her and she started to get nauseated just by looking at him. “Don’t play dumb with me, Cha Seung Won-Ssi.”

Seung-Won chuckled amusingly at her, “It’s your job to find out, Ji-Hyo ya. I need you to work as a spy for me. The more information the better and once you make Kim Jong Kook to kneel down at me, that’s when I am going to release both of your parents. If you want to make things easier, you can kill him in his sleep. It’d be lovelier.”

“You are insane. Kim Jong Kook is not a product you can exchange with five billion Won.” Ji-Hyo raised her voice for another time and tears started to form in her eyes due to the frustration. Why is everything so complicated now?

When Seung-Won was about to argue back, he heard the sound of phone vibrating that he looked at his men.

“Search her bag and see who’s calling.” Seung-Won ordered and crossed both of his hands on his chest arrogantly.

“Ya!” Ji-Hyo shrieked when her bag was being snatched forcefully.

“Stay still.” The man with a faint scar of his left cheek forced her to remain seated while the other one searched for his phone and handing it to Cha Seung Won.

Seung-Won’s lips curled up into a wide smile when he saw the name on her phone screen.

 

Incoming call

Kim Jong Kook Sa Jang Nim

 

“What a good process, Song Ji Hyo.” Said Seung-Won in satisfaction.

“Give my phone back.” She tried to reach for her phone but again, she’s stopped by his men.

Seung-Won laughed as if he’s so pleased. “You worked for him, went on a trip with him, rode on his jets, attend events with him and now he’s calling you outside working hours. It’s just two weeks since I demanded for Kim Jong Kook and you have done this much? Marvelous.”

Ji-Hyo bit her lips hardly, “Why would you want him so badly? Did he hurt you somewhere?” She asked and she probably knew the answer, “No, right?”

The smile on Seung-Won’s lips faded and he rejected Jong-Kook’s call.

“Yahh!!” She yelled.

Seung-Won’s gaze turned dark, “He’s not going to need you.”

“How can you know? You are not God, Cha Seung Won-Ssi.” Retorted Ji-Hyo.

Seung-Won rolled his eyes annoyed, “He’s currently in Shanghai, having fun, eating hotpot.” He glanced at his watch which shows four in the evening and continued, “And now he might be chilling by the bund or go shopping at Nanjing Road.”

This is odd. How could Cha Seung Won know precisely where Jong-Kook is? She was lost in her thoughts for a while as if she’s trying to put the pieces of puzzle together.

“It’s you.” She mumbled and looked at Seung-Won with such horror gaze.

Seung-Won’s brows furrowed at her.

“You were the one who installed the time bomb and you were the one who sent the gunmen at the bar. You knew where he was, where he went and which event he’s attending. It’s you.” Her eyes darted at Seung-Won and still mind-blown with how ruthless this man is.

Seung-Won uttered a smile instead, “You are so smart, Ji-Hyo ya. That’s why you are the most suitable person to do this mission.”

“Why me, Cha Seung Won-Ssi? Why?”

“It has to be you. It’s not that anyone can get close to Kim Jong Kook is short period of time but look at you, you are travelling here and there with him. I can’t think of other person anymore, Ji-Hyo ya.”

Ji-Hyo felt like her heart suddenly dropped down to her stomach, “Why it has to be Kim Jong Kook? You see that you attempted to kill him twice but what do you get? Nothing, right?” She sighed before continuing, “I seriously warn you, Cha Seung Won-Ssi, Kim Jong Kook is not someone you can take granted for.”

Seung-Won ignored her as he his projector which shows a company profile and faces of people who she barely recognizes.

“I would be surprised if getting rid of him is that easy.” Seung-Won replied calmly.

“Mwo?” She didn’t get what he meant.

Seung-Won’s gaze was getting sharper as if he’s going to say something serious. He glanced at the screen in front of him and said, “Guess who’s this?”

Ji-Hyo’s forehead form creases instead. “What does it have to do with these people?” She asked because the screen shows the pictures of people who she barely recognize.

“Do you know that the tourism industry is an important economic driver in Spain which accounting for about eleven percent of the nation’s annual GDP?”

“Are we even in the terms to discuss economic news?”

Seung-Won ignored her and continued, “Grupo Salazar S.A is the parent company to Salazar Hotel Chain, Salazar IT Group which specialize in travel technology, Lauderdale which is world’s second largest clothing retailer after Inditex and recently, they acquired Banco Barcelona which is the third largest bank in Europe. Can you see how powerful that business group is?”

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes as she’s not interested with the piece of information that Cha Seung Won gave. “What nonsense are you telling me?”

“And the most importantly, they own JK Airlines as well. It was Salazar Airlines before Kim Jong Kook changed it when he took over the CEO chair.”

Her eyes widened when she heard Seung-Won mentioned Jong-Kook’s airlines.

Seung-Won smirked at her, “You look surprise.” He glanced at the screen again and continued, “Forty years ago, Choi Jong Hwan, the son of South Korea’s Ambassador for Spain married the only daughter of Grupo Salazar’s chairman resulting to this jerk indirectly inherits Grupo Salazar. After Grupo Salazar’s chairman passed away, the position went straightly to him.”

Ji-Hyo stayed still, not answering him at all because she’s literally waiting for him to finish his words. She needs a complete information.

However, the next piece of information that she received almost made her to choke all of the breakfast she ate this morning.

“And guess what? Kim Jong Kook is his illegitimate son.”

 

 

Hipster Bar

Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, South Korea.

 

The loud music was playing and most people were enjoying their time on the dance floor while Ji-Hyo decided to just took a seat in front of the bartender.

“Would you like some drink?” Asked the bartender politely.

It’s going to be a long night, she thought. “Blue lagoon, please.” She ordered.

“Please wait a moment.”

Ji-Hyo didn’t reply anything but to give him a friendly smile. She scanned around the bar to look for her so called best friend. Her lips curled up automatically when the figure she’s looking for is finally here.

“Eonni. I miss you.” So-Min squealed in excitement and gave a friendly hug to Ji-Hyo.

“I miss you too. How’s life So-Min ah?” Asked Ji-Hyo once So-Min is seated besid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter