The Betrayer

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Choi Soo Young was not your first love?” Said Song Ji Hyo, looking a little agape once she got to heard the real story of Kim Jong Kook.

 

Jong-Kook forced a light smile and shook his head, “I told you before. She’s not.”

 

It’s like putting the pieces of puzzles together that she finally found out the reason why Kim Jong Kook once said he has no intention to get married and why Cha Seung Won holds a deep grudge towards him. The problem was there even before he was born.

 

“Then who’s she?” Ji-Hyo asked, anticipating for the answer.

 

Instead of answering her question, Jong-Kook changed the topic, “It’s quite late. We have to work tomorrow.”

 

That respond resulted in her slightly pouted her lips, “You haven’t answer the question and for God sake it’s just ten!”

 

Jong-Kook chuckled a little, “Does it really matter? Who I like now is you.”

 

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes, “Yes, it does matter and can you do me a favor?”

 

“A favor?” Jong-Kook asked back, showing his narrowed brows.

 

Ji-Hyo nodded her head and answered, “You can read. I know you do.”

 

A soft sigh escaped from Jong-Kook’s lips as soon as he heard what she’s saying, “I told you my head will start to spin once I tried.”

 

Ignoring Jong-Kook, Ji-Hyo stood up from the couch and took a book which she bought earlier.

 

“What’s this?” Said Jong-Kook when Ji-Hyo handed him a book with the picture of a goat and a wolf, “Am I looking like five to you?” He added because it’s indeed a children storybook entitled, one stormy night.

 

Ji-Hyo shook her head, “Let’s start with something light. You can do it, oppa. I trust you.”

 

“Why it has to be a fairytale story?” Jong-Kook asked again.

 

Ji-Hyo took the book from his grip and opened it, “The story tells about the friendship of a goat and a wolf.”

 

Jong-Kook laughed amusingly when he heard what she just said, “The wolf is going to eat the goat and that’s the end of the story.”

 

Shaking her head at him, Ji-Hyo replied, “You are wrong. They have a wonderful friendship that they are willing to sacrifice for each other. They met by chance, by coincidence but that caused their friendship to be even stronger. On one cold night, the wolf was starving and the goat was willing to be eaten by the wolf. Do you know why? Because it knows that one of them have to die. However, an unexpected thing happened.”

 

Ji-Hyo paused her story which caused Jong-Kook to nag at her, “Why are you stopping? I have to know the ending.”

 

“That’s your task.” Said Ji-Hyo and handed him back the story book before continuing, “It’s your task to find out if the wolf kills the goat or they remain friends till the end. I am not going to tell you any single thing.”

 

Jong-Kook pouted at her, “Jebal.”

 

However, Ji-Hyo was very persistent that she doesn’t want to tell him anymore about the story, “Andwae. I know that you can do it. You are not smart but genius instead that I believe you can overcome your fear.” She paused as she smiled to him, “Remember, you don’t live in the past, oppa. Everything will be fine.”

 

Three weeks later

JK Airlines Headquarter Office

Yeouido, Seoul, South Korea

 

It was a sunny day that spring almost ends. It was mid-April that Kim Jong Kook’s birthday is coming soon. Ji-Hyo thought of giving surprise that she was about to stroll around the shopping mall for gift ideas.

 

“Where are you going?” Asked Cha Tae Hyun when he saw Ji-Hyo going out from the office alone.

 

Ji-Hyo smiled at him and asked, “Lotte mall. Are you coming with me?”

 

“Why are you going to Lotte Mall in sudden and all alone? Jong-Kook will be here in the evening. You can go with him.” Tae-Hyun replied because it’s Thursday and it’s the day that Jong-Kook plays golf with the Spain ambassador to South Korea.

 

Ji-Hyo shook her head instead, “Andwae. I was thinking of buying a gift. His birthday is coming soon.” She paused and seemed thinking for a while before adding, “You should come with me, Tae-Hyun-Ssi. You know him better than me about his taste and preferences.”

 

Tae-Hyun stood up from his seat and followed her from behind, “Let’s go because Jong-Kook will definitely eat me alive if he found out I let you go alone.”

 

“You are funny. Let’s go.”

 

It took approximately fifteen minutes to reach Lotte Mall from their office and thanks to Cha Tae Hyun’s great driving skill that it’s even earlier than their prediction.

 

“Jong-Kookie does not like something exaggerating. He even hates it when he knows if we are spending too much money for him.” Said Tae-Hyun when Ji-Hyo was wandering around men’s clothing area.

 

Ji-Hyo furrowed her brows, “Jinjja? He doesn’t like receiving gifts?”

 

Tae-Hyun shook his head gently, “It’s not like he doesn’t like receiving gifts. He always said that he doesn’t want to trouble people he loves. Amusing, isn’t it? He likes buying people gifts but hate receiving it.” He paused and giggled a little, “Something small but meaningful might be a good idea.”

 

“Glad that I brought you with me, Tae-Hyun-Ssi.” Ji-Hyo replied cheerfully.

 

“I think I need to use the washroom for a minute. Is it okay if I left you here for a while?” Asked Tae-Hyun because Ji-Hyo was still busy looking around.

 

Ji-Hyo nodded her head vigorously, “Take your time.”

 

As soon as Tae-Hyun left, Ji-Hyo began exploring the clothing store and she started to feel confused on what kind of gift should she buy because Kim Jong Kook might be even having the everything in that store in his home. That man is rich, remember?

 

However, she kept on walking around until something caught her attention. Tae-Hyun said something small but meaningful is a good idea and she finally found that item.

 

“He will like it.” She smiled on her own.

 

Ji-Hyo paid for it and walked out from the store because Cha Tae Hyun hasn’t show himself yet. She was just standing in front of the store until a man she doesn’t recognize approached her and knocked her out in a split second.

 

She was aware that someone hit the back of her neck which caused her to lost her balance but yet she couldn’t do anything because she felt like her world is spinning around. She was way too dizzy that everything went into pitch black.

 

Several hours later

 

A big room with yellow colored lighting was the first thing that caught Ji-Hyo’s attention once she opened her eyes. She felt the agonizing pain on her back and it goes through her whole body because her hands are tied on the back. This is not right because another thing that she realized is that Cha Seung Won is currently in front of her.

 

“You’re awake.” Said Seung-Won and showed his evil smirk.

 

Ji-Hyo kept on blinking her eyes to clear her vision, “Where am I?” She mumbled weakly.

 

Seung-Won cleared his throat and grabbed a chair to seat in front of Ji-Hyo, “Get up.” He said through his gritted teeth. As Ji-Hyo kept on blinking her eyes, Seung-Won felt extremely impatient that he started to lost his temper.

 

“I said get up.” Seung-Won raised his voice and pulled her hair merciless.

 

It caused Ji-Hyo to moan in pain, “It hurts.” Said Ji-Hyo.

 

Seung-Won smiled mischievously, “Glad to know that you can feel the pain. I am losing my patient, Ji-Hyo ya. You are literally challenging my anger.” He scoffed loudly and added, “I have been so generous towards you and this is how you pay me back in return? I was asking you to just kill Kim Jong Kook in his sleep while in fact you are trying to buy more time to spend more time with him. Do I look stupid in your eyes?” Seung-Won shouted out loud and his face darkened in just a blink of eye.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter