The Attack

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trust isn’t just a five letter word,

It is the power

to make or break hearts

given to each other

as a token of love.

Use this power wisely

**

 

It was a dark and cold night that she doesn’t have idea of how long she has been staying in the same spot, waiting for the person who she wished to meet the most. Her whole body ached, her vision blurred and she looked like she has lost a lot of weight in just three nights.

 

The sound of the door opened startled Ji-Hyo as she stood up from her seat, approaching the doctor who just came out from that VIP room which was guarded securely by two men. Some might think this is too much but this patient needs extra security.

 

“Seonsaengnim, how’s him?” Asked Ji-Hyo impatiently.

 

Doctor Jin uttered a sad smile at the woman who she has been seeing for the past four days, “He’s doing fine. You should take a rest too, Song Ji Hyo-Ssi.”

 

A light sigh of relieve escaped through Ji-Hyo’s lips, “Seonsaengnim, can you do me a favor?”

 

“What’s is it?” Doctor Jin doubted.

 

Ji-Hyo erased a drop of tears which rolled down from her eyes, “Can I see him?” She asked which sounded more like begging.

 

Doctor Jin doubted a little as she glanced at the bodyguards and one of them shook his head meaning that Ji-Hyo is not allowed to enter.

 

“But he’s my boyfriend!” Ji-Hyo lost control that she raised her voice in sudden.

 

One of the bodyguards smirked at her, “Chairman Choi does not allow anyone to see his son except for two people and Song Ji Hyo-Ssi, you are not in the list.”

 

Ji-Hyo clenched her jaw tightly as she looked at the man with her furious gaze, “Who are them?”

 

The bodyguard sighed, “His secretary, Cha Tae Hyun.”

 

“What about me?” Asked another man who just arrived at the scene.

 

The bodyguard smiled at him, “Ha Dong Hoon-Ssi, you are the last person in the list.”

 

Ji-Hyo walked a few steps forward and pulled one of the bodyguard’s collar, thinking that she could unleash her anger but end up being thrown to the ground by those muscular man. They are really showing no mercy which caused Dong-Hoon to feel pity for her.

 

“Ji-Hyo-Ssi.” Said Dong-Hoon who helped her to get up.

 

Dong-Hoon slowly analyzed the woman beside him and she’s really not in a good shape. Her hair was messy, her skin looked dull, her lips were chapped and she looked real pale. He might not meet this woman so many times but he knew that she’s the person who has successfully melted Jong-Kook’s frozen heart.

 

“You should take a rest too.” Dong-Hoon continued as he brought her back to her original seat.

 

Ji-Hyo shook her head slowly, “I really want to see him, Dong-Hoon-Ssi.”

 

Dong-Hoon witnessed how frustrated she is through her eyes and it shows so much sadness in it that he didn’t have the heart to torture this woman any longer that he nodded his head to her.

 

“Hyung is still in an emotional stage and it was a major surgery that he needs time to heal but I will try to talk to him.” Said Dong-Hoon, trying his best to cheer her up.

 

“Thank you, Dong-Hoon-Ssi.”

 

Dong-Hoon smiled at her before leaving her and entering Jong-Kook’s ward. The first thing that greeted Dong-Hoon was his hyung who was sitting on his bed, looking like a soulless person. He looked pale as well and Dong-Hoon shook his head disbelief when he sees the food was left untouched.

 

“Hyung.” He called carefully.

 

Jong-Kook turned his head slowly and his lips were way too numb to utter a smile that he just managed to said, “Wasseo?”

 

Dong-Hoon sat on the chair beside the bed and nodded his head, “I am sorry that I am late.”

 

A sharp sigh escaped from Jong-Kook’s lips and he asked again, “Did I miss her funeral?”

 

Dong-Hoon nodded his head, “Mianhae, hyung. It happened really quick and I can assure you that she’s resting in peace now.”

 

Jong-Kook balled his hand into a fist and slowly, the feeling of regret started to linger through his heart. How could he forget that trust is such a double edged sword?

 

“I don’t know that you opened your heart.” Dong-Hoon continued when Jong-Kook barely speak anything.

 

“Eo.” Jong-Kook admitted and glanced at Dong-Hoon, “I regret it, Dong-Hoon ah.”

 

Pain is just so visible in his eyes that Dong-Hoon doesn’t dare to ask anything much because he’s too afraid if it might hurt Jong-Kook further. The sudden death of his mother has hurt him enough.

 

 

Four days later

 

Jong-Kook opened his eyes and he started to feel that his whole body hurts. His ribs were broken due to the car accident and his heart hurt even deeper because of the betrayal from the person he trusted. Everything does not feel right. However, he does have one name in his head. The one who ought to take responsibility over everything that happened.

 

The sound of the door opened caught Jong-Kook’s attention that he glanced at the person who’s entering. It’s Cha Tae Hyun.

 

Jong-Kook’s eyes starred sharply at Tae-Hyun which resulted in Tae-Hyun gulping his own saliva because this is the first time for him to witness his best friend’s anger. Jong-Kook is a calm person until someone tried to mess with him.

 

“Why it took so long for you to come?” Said Jong-Kook through his baritone voice and it unexpectedly sends shiver down to Tae-Hyun’s spine.

 

Tae-Hyun gulped before answering, “Mianhae. There’s some matter in the office.”

 

Ignoring any of Tae-Hyun’s words, Jong-Kook continued, “Call Hyuk and ask him to prepare his people. I need approximately twenty men to come with me tonight.”

 

“Ne.” Tae-Hyun answered shortly without daring to look at Jong-Kook.

 

Jong-Kook removed the comforter away from his body and tried to stood up which surprised Tae-Hyun but still, he doesn’t dare to look at Jong-Kook, especially his small eyes.

 

“Look at me, Cha Tae Hyun.” Said Jong-Kook and his gaze stopped at Tae-Hyun.

 

Jong-Kook didn’t sound angry or furious but his gaze was so dark yet so dangerous that it sends shiver down to Tae-Hyun’s spine for another time. It took a while for him to gather all of his courage to lifted up his head.

 

“Do you know what’s your mistake?” Jong-Kook asked coldly.

 

Tae-Hyun nodded his head, “I do.”

 

Silent. Nothing came out from Jong-Kook’s lips as he’s just staring blankly at Tae-Hyun. However, a few seconds later, he laid his fist on Tae-Hyun’s face which resulted in Tae-Hyun to fall on the ground.

 

“Get up.” Jong-Kook continued and still, he looked expressionless after punching his own best friend.

 

Tae-Hyun tried his best to get up and now he doesn’t have any guts to lift up his head.

 

“Why do you think I am laying my fist on you, Tae-Hyun ah?” Jong-Kook questioned.

 

Tae-Hyun took a deep breath and started to reflect what he had done wrong. He slowly opened his mouth to answer, “For not being able to keep an eye on Song Ji Hyo and for losing her at the shopping mall.”

 

Jong-Kook starred at Tae-Hyun with his sharp gaze as soon as he admitted his mistakes. He inhaled for more air into his lungs to calm himself down before commanding, “Get out before I laid my fist on you again.”

 

Not wanting to mess with the angry tiger anymore, Tae-Hyun quickly get out from Jong-Kook’s sight or else he might end up as a dead meat immediately.

 

As soon as Tae-Hyun walked out from Jong-Kook’s ward, the first thing that he saw was Ha Dong Hoon and Song Ji Hyo. He didn’t even bother to give both of them a smile as he needs to reach Jang Hyuk as soon as possible.

 

Looking at the blood on the edge of Tae-Hyun’s lips, Dong-Hoon knew that his hyung is indeed upset with him too. He glanced at Ji-Hyo who has been there for a week, begging to see Jong-Kook each day, “Are you sure that you want to see him? Hyung might not in his right mind now.”

 

Ji-Hyo nodded her head, “Even he kills me, I won’t mind. I betrayed him, Dong-Hoon-Ssi. I deserve all of his wrath.”

 

Dong-Hoon sighed softly and walked towards Jong-Kook’s ward. He’s being stopped again by the bodyguards.

 

“Song Ji Hyo-Ssi is not allowed.” The bodyguard emphasized.

 

This person is really trying to get into his nerve that Dong-Hoon glared sharply at the muscular man, “I will bear every risk that will happen. Let her in.” He commanded.

 

He knew that Jong-Kook will not come back to Ji-Hyo but at least, he let both of them to have a closure. Ji-Hyo glanced at Dong-Hoon before reaching for the door knob.

 

Dong-Hoon nodded at Ji-Hyo which was followed by a friendly smile. He was furious too when he knew that Ji-Hyo betrayed Jong-Kook but he felt the empathy for her when he saw how devastated she was that everything she can do is just waiting outside because Jong-Kook does not want to see her.

 

The first thing that Ji-Hyo saw was Jong-Kook staring blankly at the window as if he’s trying to calm himself down by inhaling the breeze. However, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter