Trust Me

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baccarat Hotel

Manhattan, New York

 

The grand winter ball is a charity ball held by the South Korea’s ambassador of United States, Ho Gil Kang. The event itself is usually held around mid-December and is held annually, inviting mostly wealthy and powerful people from all over the world.

If only Ji-Hyo arrives in her own clothes, she will end up become a joke here. Everyone are all dressing exaggeratedly and in a blink of eye, it feels like she has lost all of her confidence.

“Lift your head up, Song Ji Hyo.” Said Jong-Kook which sounds more like a command.

Ji-Hyo dared herself to lift up her head to face Jong-Kook, “Why do I need to attend this kind of event with you? It’s just a friendly party.”

Jong-Kook shook his head disagree, “It is a business meeting. Ho Gil Kang is the reason I came all the way from Seoul to here. This will end quickly, Song Ji Hyo. I am not here to party. I am here to make Ho Gil Kang to spend more money on my airlines.”

Ji-Hyo snorted with a laughter, “People are here for the auction. To help people who need it and all you care is just making money?”

“Business is all about networking and information, Song Ji Hyo. Fourteen hours on the plane is quite tiring for just a party. I know that there’s no such thing as free lunch but still my main point here is to make these wealthy people to spend their money on my airlines.” Retorted Jong-Kook.

Ji-Hyo opened again, wanting to continue the argument but Jong-Kook is quick enough to stop her as he placed his index finger on his lips.

 

“Mwo?”

 

Jong-Kook’s lips curled up when the man of the night is walking towards his direction that he whispered, “Ho Gil Kang is coming and there’s his daughter.”

A woman who’s all dressed up in navy blue colored off shoulder evening dress is coming to their direction along with the man who is rocking his expensive suit in front of her. It’s Ho Gil Kang and his daughter, Ho Hyun Joo.

“I heard his daughter has a huge crush on me.” Jong-Kook whispered again on Ji-Hyo’s ears which resulted in Ji-Hyo scoffing at him.

“Don’t play dumb at me, Kim Jong Kook-Ssi.”

Jong-Kook welcomed the elder man with a warm hug along with a hand shake, “Mr. Ho, nice to see you.”

Ho Gil Kang replied that friendly hug with a smile as well, “Such a pleasant to have you here, Kim Sajang. How’s life?”

“Everything is fine, Mr. Ho. Oh, Hyun-Joo is here too.” Jong-Kook’s eyes moved the woman who’s standing two steps away from her father.

Hyun-Joo giggled shyly and said, “How many times I have to told you to call me Jessica?”

Judging at how Hyun-Joo looked at Jong-Kook, Ji-Hyo’s sure that this woman has a crush on Jong-Kook. Did she look like that too during her high school days? She used to have crush on Jong-Kook too.

“Who’s the pretty lady over here, Kim Sajang?” Ho Gil Kang’s eyes moved to Ji-Hyo.

Ji-Hyo opened her lips about to answer but again Jong-Kook is a step quicker.

“My date for tonight, Mr. Ho.” Jong-Kook replied while placing his hand on Ji-Hyo’s waist to narrow the distance between them.

Ji-Hyo was a little startled with Jong-Kook’s sudden action that she’s a little speechless. She was about to deny but then, Jong-Kook tightened his grip as if he knew what is she going to say next.

“Finally Kim Sajang. You are finally breaking the famous first love curse. Congratulations. Let’s have a toast.” Ho Gil Kang replied with a big smile and raised his wine glass while Hyun-Joo looked just as surprised as Ji-Hyo.

Jong-Kook lifted up his wine glass, clicked it with Gil Kang’s and said, “Thank you, Mr. Ho. JK Airlines will be holding another exhibition in the next four months and since you missed yesterday’s, I am looking forward for your presence this time. It will be an exclusive one because only the VIPs are invited.” There he is, doing his real mission.

“Of course, Kim Sajang. Please kindly send your invitation.” Gil Kang replied in a polite manner before bidding his goodbye, “I will need to greet other guests. Enjoy the party.” He said and threw a friendly smile to both Jong-Kook and Ji-Hyo.

Jong-Kook bowed to him, “Thank you, Mr. Ho.”

“Jal ga, oppa.” Said Hyun-Joo in the end before following her father to greet other guests.

As soon as they left, Ji-Hyo quickly push away Jong-Kook’s grips and darted her gaze at him, “What was that?” She asked in annoyance.

Jong-Kook rolled his eyes, “Oh, please not here. Control your temper.”

Ji-Hyo took a deep breath to calm herself down but she’s still glaring at Jong-Kook, “You said she has a crush on you. Did you do that on purpose?”

“Yes.” Jong-Kook calmly reply and took a sip of his wine again, “Why do the wine taste so awful tonight.” He complained and gave it back to one of the waiter.

“Why would you do that? I don’t understand. She’s fine in my eyes and who knows that she might be compatible enough to be your future wife?”

Jong-Kook snorted with a laughter, “What non-sense are you saying, Song Ji Hyo? Compatible? Am I sort of operating system in your eyes?”

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes, “A marriage. Don’t you-“

“There will be no marriage.” He cut her before she even had the chance to finish her sentence.

Ji-Hyo was stunned upon hearing his immediate reply that she’s not blinking her eyes, “Mwo?” She asked to make sure that she didn’t hear him wrong.

Jong-Kook heaved a soft sigh and highlighted the sentence he just said, “There will be no marriage, Song Ji Hyo. I am not interested in getting married.”

So unbelievable, she thought. Chamna!

“Please excuse me for a while. I need to use the washroom.” Said Ji-Hyo and without waiting for Jong-Kook to reply, she has vanished from his sight.

Going straight to the washroom and the first thing she saw was a familiar woman who she just met earlier. It’s no other than Ho Hyun Joo.

“Hi.” Hyun-Joo greeted with a friendly smile to Ji-Hyo.

Ji-Hyo uttered an awkward smile and waved her hand, “Hi, Hyun-Joo-Ssi.”

Hyun-Joo chuckled a little, “Please, Just Jessica.” She corrected.

“Ah, yes. Jessica-Ssi.”  Ji-Hyo replied but still couldn’t maintain a natural smile.

“I am happy for Jong-Kook oppa.” Said Hyun-Joo in sudden when she was about to go out already.

Ji-Hyo was looking puzzled that she asked, “Ye?”

“He finally broke the first love curse.” Hyun-Joo answered.

“I don’t understand. A curse?”

Hyun-Joo’s brows furrowed upon noticing Ji-Hyo’s confusion, “You don’t know?”

“Know what?”

“Everyone knows Kim Jong Kook’s first love curse, oh my gosh. I am sorry, I shouldn’t have told you this.”

Ji-Hyo, still looking puzzled as she couldn’t get anything from what Hyun-Joo just said.

“There’s rumors spreading saying that Kim Jong Kook is cursed by his dead first love. Most of his engagements are cancelled are people believe that it’s because of that curse.”

It took Ji-Hyo quite some time to digest another piece of information of Kim Jong Kook that she just gets. Just who is this guy? How much secrets are there in his life?

 

“What took you so long?” Jong-Kook asked, sounded complaining.

Ji-Hyo glanced at him, “The washroom is swarming.”

Jong-Kook gulped his sparkling water in one ago and turned to the woman beside him, “The party is getting boring. Let’s go.”

Ji-Hyo blinked her eyes several time at him, “Mwo? Isn’t it too early?”

Jong-K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter