A Short Encounter

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The name?

Song Ji Hyo

The age?

Thirty-five

Status?

Doomed

 

Ji-Hyo gulped down the bottled soju recklessly. She is not even aware where she is or how bad she looked right now. Messy hair, dirty clothes, dark circles, chapped lips, she looked wrecked. Standing at the edge of the bridge, she continued gulping down every drop of the cheap alcohol she bought in the nearest convenience store. It’s currently her fourth bottle.

Life is a , she thought. People said when life gives you lemon, squeeze it and make lemonade. those words because all she wants right now is to disappear from this world instead of making lemonade. Her energy is way too drained to squeeze everything.

Her vision went blurry and she doesn’t know if it’s because of her tears or because of the consent of alcohol. She stood on the edge of the bridge, facing the famous Han River. It was a cold night and the river looked even colder.

Ji-Hyo smirked at herself before taking a glance at the cheap watch. The time shows two in the morning. No one was around and not even a car was passing. She let go of the bottled alcohol from her grip, letting it to shatter into pieces.

The sound of the shattered glass echoed clearly through her sense of hearing and probably, the next one will be her. Taking a deep breath, she climbed through the edge and laughed hardly as if she’s retarded. No one was watching and she’s drunk. With one more step, she might fall into the deep, cold river and might possibly ends all of this pain.

The pain . It lingers, goes through her vein and it hurts like .

Without waiting for anyone’s permission, she’s ready to jump off that bridge to fall into the cold river in order to end the pain.

 

“Are you out of your mind?”

 

Ji-Hyo was pulled apart from the edge of the bridge and there she is, sitting on the road side and cried hysterically. The question is, who is that?

“Ahjussi, get lost.” Ji-Hyo shouted loudly and it might be loud enough to break someone’s eardrum.

She pushed the man and walked towards the edge for another time. It’s just another attempt to kill herself.

“I said get back to your sense!” That man shouted back and again, pulling her away from the edge of the bridge. He squatted down and analyzed her face because somehow, she looked so familiar for him.

“Song Ji Hyo, is that you?” He guessed and looking a little startled. “Right. You are Song Ji Hyo.” He clarified. He recognized her.

Ji-Hyo was drunk, not aware of what really happened. Her head spin hardly and her steps staggered. The man who’s in his late thirties had his arms wrapped around her when she finally lost her balance.

“Ahjussi, who are you? Do you like me?” Ji-Hyo blabbered. She laughed in one second and cried in the next second.

Just how weird is she behaving when she is drunk?

“Ahjussi-“

Before she started to blabber another non-sense, she puked. Let me repeat, she puked hardly.

Do you know what’s the worst thing? Her puke is all over that man’s expensive suit.

Kim Jong Kook was hold in his position when the smell of the disgusting liquid went through his sense of smell. No one has ever puked on him in his thirty-eight years of living. Song Ji Hyo is the first. Moreover, she puked on his expensive Saint Laurent suit. What on earth should he do to this girl?

“Song Ji Hyo, Jinjja!”

*****

Ji-Hyo woke up with a great pain on her head. It spins and hurts so much that it took her quite some time to adjust before she could pull herself off the bed. She looked at her surrounding and the spacious room looked extremely foreign for her.

 

Where is she?

 

She glanced around and found herself on the king sized bed in a room filled with luxurious furniture. Is this a hotel?

Ji-Hyo removed the comforter away and gasped when she noticed that she’s currently wearing only an oversized white colored buttoned up shirt. Since it’s oversized, it covered half of her tights. She tried sniffing the sleeves and she can feel the strong masculine scent.

 

Wait, who’s the owner of the shirt? It sends shiver down to her spine.

 

The only thing she remembered is that she was drinking on the edge of Han River. She was drunk and nothing else. Damn it, she thought.

Walking through a door, she widened her eyes when she saw a huge walk-in closet filled with men clothes. The expensive designer suits are hanged neatly on the left while the buttoned up shirt are on the right. There’s another big glassed table on the middle of the closet.

She dared herself to take a look and there she found the expensive watches and men accessories are stored there. Looking through the edge, there’s a dressing table filled with face lotions and bottles of men perfumes.

Damn, who’s the owner of this room? Did she bang into a rich old man yesterday? She hopes not.

She had goosebumps for another time and silently prayed that she didn’t do anything silly yesterday because isn’t it too creepy to wake up in a stranger’s room? Moreover, someone changed her clothes which started to terrify her.

Ji-Hyo quickly hid herself behind the suits when she heard the room door being opened. Her heart started to pound because it might be the owner of this room. She bit her lips hardly and dared herself to peep a little.

She almost jumped in shock to see that person. He’s about 178cms tall, wearing a white colored t-shirt which hugged his muscled body perfectly and his skin is slightly tanned.

A glimpse of something happened in her past flashed through her head which caused her to not blink her eyes for a couple seconds.

It seems like she recognized that man, South Korea’s population is more than fifty-one million and out of that fifty-one million people, why it should be him?

 

Why it should be Kim Jong Kook?

 

“What are you doing here?”

The voice of the muscled man made her startled for another time. She was stunned in her position while looking at Kim Jong Kook with her big eyes.

“I.. I didn’t-“

“Can you not stick your body on my suits behind you? Yesterday was enough. I do not want the rest of my suit to smell like your drool.” Jong-Kook cut her when she’s stuttering about what she should answer him

Ji-Hyo gritted her teeth annoyed without her realizing and took several steps away from his expensive suits. “Arrogant jerk.” She muttered.

Jong-Kook rolled his eyes and scoffed loudly. She really doesn’t know how to thank people in a good way.

“Song Ji Hyo, you freaking puke on my suit yesterday and for your information, Yves Henri Donat Mathieu Saint Laurent personally designed that suit for me. You can’t even see it in their stores and you can’t even get it although you have their VIP pass. Do you get my point?” Kim Jong Kook argued but still maintained his calm expression.

Ji-Hyo bit her lips hardly and tried to think what is actually happening last night. She cursed loudly inside her heart when she couldn’t remember any and it was damn frustrating.

“I did?” She asked back, innocently.

“I don’t know if I can wear it again. It’s disgusting.” Jong-Kook replied while thinking of the incident yesterday.

He was on his way back from his work. He drove passed the Han River bridge just like the usual days before he saw a drunk woman who’s about to jump off that river. He didn’t care at first because he thought that it might be just some lunatics but the closer he got, the more familiar that woman became. His guesses turned to be right. It was someone who he recognized.

“For your clothes, my maid is the one who changed it.” He added, trying not to create any misunderstanding.

Ji-Hyo was kept silent in her position, not daring to look at Jong-Kook.

“Song Ji Hyo, don’t you realize it? It’s our first encounter since high school. Don’t you have anything to say to me?” Jong-Kook asked again after both of them remained silent for a while.

Ji-Hyo sighed softly while keeping her head low. Can she be honest? Out of fifty-one million people living in South Korea, Kim Jong Kook is the person who she wished to meet the least.

Jong-Kook couldn’t be more amused with the woman in front of him. Looking at how embarrassed she looked is like watching a comedy show. It’s a little entertaining for him.

“Nothing?” Jong-Kook took a step forward and narrowed the distance between their face. “I think I remembered the girl who gave me banana milk each time I had football match. As far as I remembered, that girl screamed my name real loud each time I scored a goal. Perhaps, my memory missed something?”

That piece of story caused her cheeks to turn into crimson red and it’s now as red as tomatoes. Not only that she’s embarrassed, it feels like she really wanted to bump her face to the wall because she doesn’t know how to face the man in front of him.

“You really have nothing to say, Song Ji Hyo? Or perhaps, I look less attractive now due to my age?” He continued to tease the woman who used to like him a lot during high school days.

Ji-Hyo dared herself to slightly push him to create some distance. “Kim Jong Kook-Ssi, high school was like more than fifteen years ago. How can I remember things that happened a decade ago when I can't even remember what I ate for dinner last night.” She tried to defend herself.

Jong-Kook chuckled amusingly at the woman in front of him and took a few steps backward. “Stay calm. It’s not that I am interested in you.” He said, adding a few more chuckles at the end. “I think you need to shower.” He continued and swinging his hand in front of his nose before vanishing through the door, leaving Ji-Hyo alone.

Just right the time Jong-Kook get out from the room, Ji-Hyo could finally sigh in relieve. She touched her cheeks and damn it, it’s warm and when she turned around to look at her reflection in the mirror, she realized that she’s blushing.

“Pabo Song Ji Hyo.” She scolded herself.

Finishing the quick shower, Ji-Hyo noticed that there are some new clothes prepared for her. Not something spectacular. Just a simple black dress with puffy sleeves but still it seemed so much better than any of her clothes in her closet.

 

Perks of being rich

 

She glanced at her own clothes that she wore last night and it’s definitely not in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter