See You Again

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up in a foreign place made Ji-Hyo to keep on blinking her eyes continuously. Her head hurts and the first thing she sees is the figure of Ha Dong Hoon.

 

“Gwaencanha?” Asked Dong-Hoon sounded a little worried.

 

Ji-Hyo forced herself to wake up into seated position, “Better.” She replied shortly and followed by a brief moment of silence because none of them was talking.

 

Dong-Hoon cleared his throat, “It’s all over.” He said, breaking the silence.

 

“What do you mean?” Ji-Hyo asked back.

 

Dong-Hoon’s lips engraved a light smile, “It’s all over because Cha Seung Won will not be able to harm you nor your parents anymore. Hyung really finished them all.”

 

She doesn’t know how to react. Should she be happy that she will not live within Cha Seung Won’s shades or should she be sad because the man of her life will never come back to her.

 

“Ji-Hyo-Ssi, I know that everything happened in sudden but I think hyung,”

 

Ji-Hyo cut him straight away, “Geuman.”

 

Dong-Hoon looked at Ji-Hyo with confused look while Ji-Hyo forced a smile and glanced at her own knuckles, “Please don’t tell him anything about what happened to me.” Said Ji-Hyo.

 

“Please, Dong-Hoon-Ssi, it’s only us who know it and I’m sincerely asking you to do me a favor. Please, keep this secret from your hyung.” Ji-Hyo continued, leaving Dong-Hoon speechless and puzzled.

 

Dong-Hoon muttered an awkward chuckle because he doesn’t understand what’s she’s thinking, “Ji-Hyo-Ssi, I don’t why this should be kept as a secret from him. He has the right to know too.”

 

“It’s fine, Dong-Hoon-Ssi.” Ji-Hyo answered back as she uttered a sad chuckle.

 

 

Ten hours ago

 

“Somebody please call the doctor.” Said Dong-Hoon, a little raising his voice because he’s panicked when Ji-Hyo fell freely on his arms.

 

Dong-Hoon might not meet this woman so many times but he knew well how much feelings Kim Jong Kook got for her. He might understand too that they met in the wrong circumstances.

 

“Are you Song Ji Hyo-Ssi’s guardian?” Asked the doctor to Dong-Hoon because he was the one who waited in the ER.

 

Dong-Hoon hesitated at first but managed to say yes, “For now I guess I am.” He replied politely.

 

The doctor heaved a soft sigh before telling about Ji-Hyo’s condition, “She needs to be extra careful from now on. Please don’t let her stress herself out.”

 

It felt a little weird for Dong-Hoon that he asked back, “May I ask why?”

 

The doctor uttered a light smile and answered, “Song Ji Hyo-Ssi is four weeks pregnant. Congratulations.”

 

At that moment, Dong-Hoon felt like his jaw is going to drop onto the ground immediately that he even stopped blinking for a few seconds. He couldn’t conclude whether this should be a good or bad news. Yes, a baby is wonderful but their separation is way too heartbreaking that he doesn’t have any idea on how he should tell Ji-Hyo or Jong-Kook.

 

“Ha Dong Hoon-Ssi.” Ji-Hyo murmured as soon as she saw Dong-Hoon coming through her direction.

 

“Be careful.” Said Dong-Hoon when he saw Ji-Hyo tried to place herself into seated position.

 

Ji-Hyo let out a weak smile, “I am fine.” She convinced.

 

Dong-Hoon slowly scratched his not-itchy neck as he doesn’t know how to tell her because she doesn’t seem to know as well.

 

“So, the doctor said,” He paused for a while, thinking of the right word before continuing, “There’s a life inside you.”

 

Instead of getting shocked, Ji-Hyo smiled instead, “I know.”

 

Dong-Hoon’s eyes widened disbelief, “What?” He stuttered a little.

 

Ji-Hyo let out a soft sigh and answered, “Your hyung’s birthday is just around the corner and I plan to tell him on his special day.” Her eyes glazed as she inhaled for more air to calm herself down or else, she might burst out in tears, “But I guess I will need to keep this beautiful secret from him forever.”

 

“You can’t do that. Hyung has the right to know too. It’s his child too.” Dong-Hoon argued.

 

Her tears leaked out from her eyes once she heard what Dong-Hoon said. It’s too painful to be true.

 

“Ji-Hyo-Ssi, I know that both of you are hurt but,”

 

“That’s the reason, Ha Dong Hoon-Ssi.” Cut Ji-Hyo, slightly raising her voice where frustration is so visible.

 

Dong-Hoon still looked confused as he doesn’t have any idea what’s actually in her head, “I don’t understand.”

 

“You don’t have to. What you have to do is to make sure to keep this as secret from Kim Jong Kook. I beg you, Ha Dong Hoon-Ssi, we are both hurt enough that I don’t think I can go through this again.”

 

Just right then, her shield broke apart and she cried her lungs out, expressing all the greatest frustration from deep inside her heart. They love each other but they met in the wrong circumstances that it hurts them both in the end.

 

“Please, the baby inside me is the only treasure I have. He or she is the treasure that he left with me. I will just go far away because he will never forgive a betrayer like me.” She continued through her sobs.

 

Dong-Hoon’s heart felt like it’s breaking too as he heard Ji-Hyo’s honest confession. Let me repeat, it hurts.

 

“Tonight, I will make sure that your parents will be able to escape from Cha Seung Won. I promise you, Ji-Hyo-Ssi.” Said Dong-Hoon.

 

Ji-Hyo looked a little surprised, “What’s your plan?”

 

Dong-Hoon took a deep breath before answering, “It’s hyung’s plan. He’s going to raid Cha Seung Won’s place tonight and finish him in one go.”

 

“I don’t understand.” Ji-Hyo replied, not getting what Dong-Hoon meant.

 

Dong-Hoon smiled at her, “You don’t have to. Tonight, your parents will be by your side. You may lose hyung but I will make sure that your parents will come back to you and you don’t have to live under Cha Seung Won’s shadow anymore.”

 

Although she couldn’t understand the whole thing, what she just wished her parents are fine, especially her mother.

 

At the same time, Dong-Hoon phone rang and he glanced at the screen, it’s Jong-Kook.

 

“I got to go. Hyung is calling. You should take an adequate rest and please don’t stress yourself.” Dong-Hoon reminded in a friendly manner.

 

Ji-Hyo smiled at him, “Thank you, Dong-Hoon-Ssi.”

 

Dong-Hoon smiled back before leaving her and went to Jong-Kook’s ward. Words couldn’t describe how surprised he was when the first thing he saw was the broken glass near the door.

 

“You are not trying to do something stupid, are you?” Asked Dong-Hoon when he looked at the shattered pieces of glass.

 

Jong-Kook placed himself into sitting position, “I,” He paused, hesitating whether to tell Dong-Hoon or not.

 

Dong-Hoon scoffed at Jong-Kook, “Don’t tell me that you threw this glass towards her direction.”

 

Jong-Kook smiled bitterly, “It kinda happen.”

 

“Michin saekki.” Dong-Hoon cursed undoubtedly.

 

Jong-Kook slowly recall what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter