Allergy

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The flight back from New Jersey to Incheon took more than fifteen hours that it’s draining all of Ji-Hyo’s energy. It’s Jong-Kook who chose to took off from New Jersey’s Teterboro Airport instead of JFK Airport due to the security issue because Teterboro Airport does not offer scheduled airline service as it’s one of the world’s busiest private jets airports with its variety of private jets operator.

“Where are we going, Sajangnim?” Ji-Hyo asked once they were both seated in the car that has been waiting once they landed in Incheon.

“Home, Song Ji Hyo.” Jong-Kook replied with his eyes closed.

“Mwo? You are sending me home?” It seemed like she couldn’t just believe him like that as she kept on asking.

However, Jong-Kook just stayed silent and still closing his eyes while resting his head, not bothering to answer her.

“Sajangnim!” She squealed for another time.

Jong-Kook heaved a soft sigh, “You are so noisy.”

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes in annoyance but it’s not like she can do anything about it. It’s so obvious that Jong-Kook does not want to talk much that she chose to just stay silent. It was about nine in the evening when they touched down Incheon and the car has been running for approximately twenty minutes that she can conclude that they are heading to Jong-Kook’s house.

In another fifteen minutes, they eventually reach PyeongChang-dong and Ji-Hyo witnessed several mansions with her eye sight which is a sign that they are quite close to Jong-Kook’s house.

“Aren’t you going down?” Jong-Kook asked when the car reached the porch.

Ji-Hyo gave him her mong look and asked, “Why are you-“

“Just get down. You are asking too much question.” Jong-Kook cut and without waiting for her answer, he has stepped out from the car.

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes and exited the car as well, tailing Jong-Kook from behind. This is her first time to take a closer look of his big house.

“Sajangnim, welcome home.” A lady in her late fifties greeted Jong-Kook with a warm smile and a polite bow.

Jong-Kook smiled back, “Ahjumma, it’s so late. You should take a rest.”

“I was waiting for your arrival, Sajangnim. I have prepared some meals just in case you are hungry.”

“Thank you, ahjumma. Please have a rest.” Jong-Kook dismissed her.

The maid gave Jong-Kook a polite bow and took a step backward before turning back to Jong-Kook again as if she has another thing to say. “Sajangnim, I have to inform you that there’s a package addressed to you which arrived this evening. I placed it in the kitchen since the delivery man said it should be remain chilled.” She said.

Jong-Kook’s brow narrowed, “From where is it?”

The maid shrugged her shoulder, “The delivery man refused to tell who’s the sender.”

Ignoring the maid, Jong-Kook walked to the kitchen straightaway. He opened that package and heaved a light chuckle when he found a bunch of side dishes and fermented Kimchi. Starting from his favorite braised black beans, braised lotus roots, pickled radish, dried anchovies and whole cabbage kimchi.

“How could she make so much banchan?” He mumbled on his own and people beside him are able to witness his slight happiness when he received the home cooked dish, a sign that he has been missing not just the food but also the one who cooked all of it.

“Who sent it?” She couldn’t hide her curiosity.

Jong-Kook’s gaze turned firmer, “Stop asking so much question, Song Ji Hyo.” That’s it. He doesn’t want to answer.

Ji-Hyo exhaled softly and replied, “I am going home. Could you at least tell your driver ahjussi to send me to the nearest bus stop? It’s about five kilometers from here and it’s your fault for bringing me here.”

“Let’s eat.” Jong-Kook said, ignoring everything she said.

It started to get annoying for Ji-Hyo that she balled her hand into a fist. She inhaled for more air to calm herself down before replying Jong-Kook. “Sajangnim, please. I need to go home.”

Jong-Kook glanced at his watch which shows twenty-five minutes past ten. “I have several empty rooms here. You can stay for a night.” He offered.

“Andwaeyo. I can just go home.” She rejected.

“You are seriously so stubborn. It’s dangerous for a woman to go back alone in such hours. You are safer here. It’s not like I am demanding you to work now.” Jong-Kook argued.

“But-“

“No but, Song Ji Hyo.” He cut and took a seat on his big dining table.

Jong-Kook glanced one more time at Ji-Hyo and said, “Although I am used to eating alone but will you join me tonight? I swear my mom makes the best kimchi in the world.”

His offer sounded sincere and since her stomach has been growling, it’s a little hard for her to say no that she ended up eating a late dinner with him. Another additional information she gets is sender of the package is his mother.

 

 

“Agasshi. Are you up?”

 

“Agasshi.”

 

Ji-Hyo’s consciousness was slowly regained by the light knock from the door. Her eye lids felt heavy and her body hurt due to yesterday’s long flight. She scanned her whole surrounding and remembered that she stayed in Kim Jong Kook’s big house yesterday.

 

“Agasshi. Are you okay?”

 

Her eyes widened when a lady’s voice is getting clearer in her ears that she jumped off the bed to open the door. Just like what she predicted, it’s one of his maid.

“Good morning, ahjumma.” Ji-Hyo greeted and showed her cheeky smile.

The maid bowed politely and informed her, “Breakfast is ready, agasshi and Sajangnim is currently waiting for you downstairs.”

Ji-Hyo patted her forehead and cursed silently inside her heart, “Ne. Please tell him that I will get ready in no time.”

The maid uttered a light smile, “Ne, agasshi. Please take your time.” She replied and excused herself.

Ji-Hyo quickly close the door and rushed to the bathroom to brush her teeth along with taking a quick shower. She just simply took any clothes she has from the suitcase in order to save more time.

“I don’t like tardiness, Song Ji Hyo.” Jong-Kook said once Ji-Hyo showed herself at his big dining room.

Ji-Hyo scratched her not-itchy neck as she felt a little embarrassed that she overslept. “Good morning, Sajangnim.”

Jong-Kook took a sip of his coffee while his eyes are glued at the tablet in front of him without minding Ji-Hyo who’s currently standing five feet from him.

“You seem to enjoy standing.” Jong-Kook added when he realized that she’s not moving at all from her position.

“Then what should I do?” She asked back.

Jong-Kook shook his head and snorted, “Take a seat. Don’t you see there are two sets of breakfast there?”

Ji-Hyo took several steps forward embarrassedly and seated across from him.

Jong-Kook put down his tablet and focused his gaze at her, “Seriously? You are going to just sit there and do nothing?” He sighed and rolled his eyes before continuing, “Eat your breakfast, Song Ji Hyo. I hate wasting food.”

Ji-Hyo uttered an awkward smile and dared herself to reach the expensive cutlery. “Jalmeoggeseubnida.” She said before scooping the bacon into .

“Keurae. Eat well because I have another important meeting to attend today and as usual, you are coming with me in case we are signing contracts or agreements.”

Ji-Hyo replied with a nod. She’s still focusing on her food that’s seriously so tempting. However, Jong-Kook immediately stop blinking his eyes when he saw her spreading the jam on her toast.

“What are you doing?” Jong-Kook asked which caused her to glance at him

“Spreading the jam, wae?” Her eyebrows narrowed.

“It’s strawberry jam, Song Ji Hyo. You have an allergy towards strawberry.” He reminded.

She’s stunned for a while and smiled in satisfaction, “You remembered.” For a moment she felt the slight happiness in her heart. “It’s raspberry jam, Sajangnim.  guess it will be fine.” She added and took the first bite of her toast.

Jong-Kook nodded as if he understands and let her to have whatever she wants.

“I will be waiting at the porch.” He stood up as he finished the last sip of his coffee.

Ji-Hyo glanced at him, “Ye?”

Jong-Kook grinned, “We are going to work, Song Ji Hyo. Don’t you remember? Five billion Won and you want to stay here all day?” That sounds more like a sarcasm.

Ji-Hyo’s aware that she quickly finished her food. She stuffed the whole toast while drinking her milk in one go which resulted in Jong-Kook shaking his head.

“I didn’t ask you to eat like a hungry beast, Song Ji Hyo. Eat slowly and I will be waiting at the porch.” Said Jong-Kook and walked away, leaving her alone in the dining room.

Ji-Hyo rolled her eyes at Jong-Kook who’s walking away. “Kim Jong Kook, jinjja!”

 

 

JK Airlines Headquarter Office

Yeouido, Seoul, South Korea

 

“How can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter