Camellia

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a beautiful sunny day which might be a good start of the day for Cha Tae Hyun who just came back to his work after two months leave. However, he was literally surprised with the jaw-dropping information he just received.

 

“What did you just say?” Tae-Hyun asked in order to make sure what he just heard.

 

Jong-Kook glanced at his best friend who’s currently not blinking his eyes, “You don’t hear me wrong. I am going to Bali tomorrow and Song Ji Hyo is coming on board with me.”

 

It was always Cha Tae Hyun to go with him on his business trip and a trip to Bali with Song Ji Hyo might be a little odd for Tae-Hyun because Jong-Kook always chose to go alone when it comes to Bali.

 

“What’s with Bali? You never allowed anyone to go with you if it’s Bali and now the new comer is coming with you?” Tae-Hyun scoffed silently inside his heart.

 

Jong-Kook’s eyes sharpened, “She has name, Tae-Hyun ah. It’s Song Ji Hyo not the new comer.” He sounded protesting.

 

Tae-Hyun slightly rolled his eyes at Jong-Kook and replied, “It’s a big project that you have in Bali. The construction has started last year but–“

 

“Why are we arguing about this?” Said Jong-Kook out of blue.

 

“Do you really trust Song Ji Hyo?” Tae-Hyun asked again, slightly heaving a soft sigh.

 

Jong-Kook stayed silent for a brief moment as he asked himself if he really trust the woman who started to work for him approximately two months ago.

 

“You know her.” Jong-Kook replied calmly instead of answering Tae-Hyun’s question.

 

Tae-Hyun’s eyes narrowed as he didn’t get what Jong-Kook meant, “Why would I know her?”

 

Jong-Kook’s lips curled up into a smile and before he could answer Tae-Hyun’s question, the loud knock of the door echoed through their ears.

 

“Song Ji Hyo, what a right timing.” Said Jong-Kook through his smile.

 

Tae-Hyun turned around to see how actually this Song Ji Hyo looked like and he couldn’t be more surprised to see the familiar face of her.

 

“Banana milk?!” Tae-Hyun squealed in surprise because it turned out to be the Song Ji Hyo who he knows.

 

Ji-Hyo’s steps stopped right when Tae-Hyun was squealing out loud. Tae-Hyun looked rather familiar for her but she couldn’t remember who he is.

 

“You don’t know me?” Asked Tae-Hyun when he realized her confused expression and it resulted to him scoffing disbelief, “Do you really not recall anything about me?” He asked one more time.

 

Shaking her head slowly, Ji-Hyo answered, “I guess no.”

 

“Chamna. We were in the same football team.” Tae-Hyun added.

 

“Why would she remember you?” Said Jong-Kook, interrupting their conversation. He couldn’t help but to laugh at Tae-Hyun’s reaction.

 

Ji-Hyo chuckled awkwardly and lowered her head apologetically at Tae-Hyun, “Joesonghabnida.”

 

“Keurae. It’s only Kim Jong Kook that you have your banana milk.” Said Tae-Hyun through his light smirk, slightly sarcasmed.

 

“Why do you sound unhappy?” Asked Jong-Kook in sudden.

 

Tae-Hyun glanced at Jong-Kook and showed his mischievous smile, “Don’t you think that it’s fate that reunite both of you? You liked it too each time you received those banana milk from her.”

 

“Yah, Cha Tae Hyun.” Said Jong-Kook and giving him a sign to shut up.

 

“Mwo? It’s not like I am telling a lie.”

 

Ji-Hyo scratched her not-itchy-neck upon hearing the guy’s arguments that she said, “Can we not talk about the past?”

 

Jong-Kook quickly broke the eye contact and his eyes stopped at Ji-Hyo, “Prepare yourself. We are going to–“

 

“Bali, Indonesia. You always monitor the progress of the construction once every three months. I have it in my agenda.” Ji-Hyo cut as she knew it prior to his notice.

 

“Good. Be right here before eight.”

 

Ji-Hyo smiled, “Yes, sajangnim.”

 

“What about me?” Tae-Hyun asked while pointing at himself.

 

Jong-Kook moved his gaze at his best friend and without any mercy, he replied, “You? Stay here of course.” 

 

“Chamna!” Tae-Hyun rolled his eyes disbelief.

 

 

Ngurah Rai International Airport

Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

 

It’s the warm and humid weather that welcomed her the first time she stepped her foot out from the jet. She has her eyes glued on the window when they were still in the air. The big blue sea is what she saw from up there.

 

“Use this.” Said Jong-Kook as he handed her a pair of sunglasses.

 

Looking confuse, she replied, “It’s not like I am here for vacation.”

 

Jong-Kook ignored what she said and simply put the sunglasses on her, “It’s not a fashion item but a need, Song Ji Hyo. We need to protect our eyes from the UV rays.”

 

What a good point she thought, “Thank you.” She said through her smile.

 

The car that they rode went through the busy streets of Denpasar and straight towards the Badung regency, where the resort construction took place.

 

“Dae bak.” Ji-Hyo mumbled once they entered the resort entrance where they can see the villas that were built to face the blue ocean.

 

“I am planning to build a theme park or water park. I think it would be nice.” Jong-Kook added as he smiled too when he got to witness the magnificent view in front of him.

 

To be able to stand at the top of the majestic cliff with the breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean and tropical garden might be one of the most beautiful scenery she ever seen in her life.

 

“What will you resort offer?” She asked.

 

Jong-Kook shrugged his shoulder, “A place to stay for a night?”

 

Ji-Hyo slightly rolled her eyes, “Seriously?”

 

“An underwater restaurant?” He said which was followed by a few chuckles. Before Ji-Hyo replied him, he was quick enough to held her wrist, slightly pulling her towards the seashore.

 

“Where are we going?” Asked Ji-Hyo because all she did was following him.

 

Without letting go of his grip, he replied her, “I know you are hungry.”

 

Ji-Hyo let out an awkward chuckle as it’s indeed a fact that her stomach has been growling since the first time they arrived the resort. Since the construction of the resort is still in progress and according to the projection, it will be finished approximately next year of the year after.

 

“Jalmeoggeseubnida.” Said Ji-Hyo through her smile when the tempting food were served on the table. Starting from the local food to western food, it looked more like a feast. Moreover, it’s almost six in the evening and the sun is setting soon.

 

“A dinner with a view. Isn’t it a great experience?” Jong-Kook asked once his eyes wandered around and realized the beautiful sunset view in front of them. It’s indeed magnificent.

 

Ji-Hyo nodded her head vigorously and asked in excitement, “Are we staying here four nights straight?”

 

Instead of saying yes, Jong-Kook shook his head gently, “One night.”

 

That answer resulted in Ji-Hyo putting down her spoon disbelief. It’s such a waste to just stay for a night, she thought. “Why?” She asked which sounded more like a complain.

 

“I got another place to go, Song Ji Hyo.” He replied while gulping down the famous local beer, Bintang.

 

Ji-Hyo’s forehead formed a light crease as she tried to recall if she has miss anything about his schedule. However, as far as she can remember, his schedule is all about monitoring the resort.

 

Jong-Kook giggled a little upon looking at her mong expression, “Stop looking confused. You are not missing anything because the other place is not in the actual itinerary.” He added as if he knew what she’s thinking about.

 

“Jinjja? Do you –“

 

Jong-Kook simply stuffed a piece of drumstick to her lips to stop her from talking and he earned a dead glare from her. “Stop asking question and eat your food, Song Ji Hyo.”

 

Ji-Hyo slightly rolled her eyes and munched the chicken which tasted tender yet spicy. It got the authentic local taste which is rich in seasoning and spices. It’s a Balinese dish, ayam betutu.

 

When the sun touches the horizon, there was a brief moment before it completely goes below the horizon indicating that it has set perfectly and the night is coming. However, a man was seen walking on the white sand, side by side with a woman whose lips couldn’t stop smiling at the scenery in front of her eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter