discoveries in hearts

A Gift From Heaven

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LESSON 13: DISCOVERIES IN HEARTS

 

The clock had walked passed 6pm but there was no sign of L.joe's figure.

Yunhui was resting her chin on her palm by hooking her elbow on the desk. " he wouldn't come.i should know this! ", she sighed.

10 minutes had passed and Yunhui was about to doze off on her desk . " FINE! i'm leaving on count of three.!"

She slowly closed her eyes and aloud , she counted. " three...two..on- "

    " YAH porridge shop. what are you doing??"

    " omo, you scared me to death! ", Yunhui screamed on her top lung as she was about to lose her balance on chair, surprised of L.joe's sudden appearance.

     ' you startled me!" Yunhui shouted angrily.

    " you should see you face just now! it's funny!" l.joe bursted out laughing non-stop at Yunhui's expression.

                                                        

he was still laughing untill he realized that Yunhui was staring at him with her jaw dropped.

    " what?" he frowned. There's no answer.

Yunhui was still gazing at him with eyes widened. L.joe spun around to see if there's something strange or maybe something scary behind him. 

  " there's no ghost here right?" he murmured.

   " what's wrong with you, porridge shop?", L.joe waved his hand in front of Yunhui's eyes.

    " you..you..you just smiled !" yunhui said after a decent interval of silence. " you'd smile just now! "

yunhui was absolutely happy to see a smile formed on L.joe's face. She didn't know why but she could feel glee to see the smile from him for the first time.

    " aigooo, kyeopda !" yunhui pinched l.joe on his cheeks.

her action made l.joe blushed from tip to toe. L.joe also didn't realize that he had formed a smile on his face. It had been so long since somebody made him smile.

   " well, since our Byunghun had smiled today, why not we start with a topic that  can make you 'smile' all day long", yunhui uttered while fixing her skirt on the chair. ' matrix!"

     ' i already knew about ' matrix' . on top of that, ricky is good with it" l.joe blurted out.

     ' really?' yunhui frowned. " ricky can do 'matrix'?.

  l.joe nodded. ' of course! he did the matrix dance !'

     " yah! i;m not talking about matrix dance! it's MATRIX. MAT. RIX! arasso?", yunhui yelled. " a matrix is  a rectangular array of numbers, enclosed in curved brackets! not that weird dance! ", Yunhui snarled.

she almost lost her saliva, explaining the topic to L.joe before ended with " now! i want you to answer these questions!"

L.joe sighed before started to write something in the answer space. there was no word being uttered from both of them as yunhui put a glimpse at L.joe's serious face. * maybe, they are right! you could be cute sometime!*

" i'm done!' l.joe broke the silence.

' uh? really?" yunhui frowned. " but..it's.. it just 10 minutes"

she took the book and scan for the answers.frowning.

    " uh? 9/10 ? wow! daebak !" Yunhui's eyes widened. ' is it because my tutoring is freaking good or you had made an operation to your brain? woahh..daebak!"

    
"yah porridge shop! i;m a genius, you know?" L.joe demanded. 

 " then, why didn't  you do well in your math quizzes? you're just wasting my time!"

there's a short pause before L.joe answered .. " just because!"

  *uh?* yunhui's eyebrows met. * did he just said ' just because'?*

" even if i excell well in my exam, who cares? i have no one to praise or feel proud about it. There's no use." he sighed.

Everything around them seemed like  frozen. l.joe turned his face down and Yunhui could guess well that he was on the verge of tears. He tried to hide it from her.

being in an orpahange for 10 years had taught Yunhui a lot of lesson and one of them was to read others' mind through their eyes.

From the thinnest layer of l.joe's eyes, Yunhui could feel that he was hiding something about his past he don't, won't or can't tell others.

Yunhui knew nothing about his past but she managed to say " you know what, l.joe. i had been in an orpahange for 10 years since i was a baby, ' she paused after emphasis the word 'since baby'. " they said my omma died when she gave birth to me, and my oppa died on his way to the hospital, in a car crash."

yunhui paused to gasp some air. ' i lost both of them at the same moment, when i just opened my eyes to see the world. i never able to see them with my own eyes.. " she smiled. " but, still, i have "NAM' family now, and i was happy. absolutely happy. See, you never know what the future had written for you. it just that we need to seek that happiness and not give up", She smiled again.

 Ljoe once again couldn't find the reason why he feel so happy to see Yunhui so care about him and once again, she was there whenever he needed someone to talk to or cry..