Knowing You Better

A Gift From Heaven

LESSON 15: Knowing You Better

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yunhui released her long sigh.. " aaaa. so tiring", she complained, letting her ponytail hair flew down to her shoulders. 

The Han river looks so radiant at the dusk time. The sun seemed like it was saying goodbye to the whole citizen of Seoul, reminding them that the night was about to come. Yunhui almost can't feel her feet. Both Yunhui and L.Joe walk absentmindedly heading to nowhere . All in their mind was to run away from Woo Rin, or in L.Joe's case - run from witch, until they decided to stop by the Hangang.

"Here" , a bottle of mineral water appeared in front of Yunhui's eyes. 

"gomawo", without lifting up her face, Yunhui thanked L.Joe for understanding well. 

there was a long awkward silence in between them, rather longer than Yunhui ever expected. *So, what now? run?* 

L.Joe remained silent. 

Yunhui knew that L.Joe spoke out of his mind. *like seriously? date? I'm a dead meat!* . Yunhui was so busy talking to her own self that she didn't realize L.Joe was listening to her every sigh although there was a huge space between them on the bench that even if someone came and sit there, there were still some spaces left. 

L.Joe cleared his throat ..*silence* until he managed to say

"Mianhaeyo" at a very low tone. 

"ye?" Yunhui turned her face. "come again?"

L.Joe released a long sigh. "I say..mianhaeyo". He catched his breath before continued "I'm sorry that I dragged you into so much problems"

Yunhui's eyes widened in disbelief. *i'm not dreaming right? He says sorry?*

"neon kwaenchana? You haven't responds" L.Joe turned his face to see if Yunhui was still there.

"uh-oh, ne. Kwaenchana", Yunhui managed to smile. 

"Are you hurt anywhere?", L.Joe continued.

"Ani. Im good. Gomawo. You just came in at the right time. Just a little bit late for our class", Yunhui rose her eyebrows. 

L.Joe chuckled a little. *haish..this porridge shop*. L.Joe himself don't understand his feelings. Why did he feel happy to be able to see Yunhui's smile, and at times he feel happy that this little girl somehow so strong to be that heartless facing all those witches.

"but..i want you to promise something". Yunhui broke the pregnant silence between them.

"what?", L.Joe frowned.

"BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR WORD! DATE?? ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS?! IM SO DEAD. You know what they would do if I'm dating one of the Teen Top right?", Yunhui stomped her feet. "and I'm not ever in the right mind dating you,arrogant brat! I want you to BE RESPONSIBLE for whatever bad luck to come!". Yunhui finished her line giving L.Joe a glare but all she got was L.Joe's laugh filling the atmosphere.

"WHAT???", Yunhui yelled on her top voice. "I'M DEADLY SERIOUS"

"Yeah, I know", L.Joe's smiled. "I would take all the responsibilities,ok?...besides..",he paused before continued his line "I'm not kidding when I say I want to have a date with you". He tilted his head to face Yunhui. "I'm serious. We still have a lot of math questions to do, right? and I'm yet to pay the orange juices from the school's clinic". 

Without even she realized, Yunhui's jaw dropped a bit. *I don't understand you, Byunghun. What was that suppose to mean?*

L.Joe slowly standing up, leaving the bench they're sitting, stretching his arms. "You know what, porridge shop? I never say sorry to anyone before", he smirked.
*can you see how much you have affected me?*, that is what L.Joe's mind spoke, but he only managed to say "promise me that you will never leave until I pay all my debts to you". He finished his line with a smile. A sincere one. 

Yunhui could feel that her face turned red. Her cheeks might not on her side now because it shows, but luckily she managed to control her heartbeat although it has skipped a beat seeing that arrogant brat smiling sincerely to her, only to her. *Why do i feel this way? why am i nervous?*