Chapter 5

The Broken Heart Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun hadn't felt this tired in ages. She was always an active person and hated staying in one place for too long. And yet here she was lying in a hospital bed, with her partner rambling about how they solved crimes while she was out of commission. 

"Yah, you know how much I hate inactivity. Why are you rubbing it in my face Hyejinah."

"I thought you were bored unnie, I was just giving you company," said Hyejin, with a pout on her face. 

"Don't you have places to be, crimes to solve? Why are you here with me 24/7? Give me peace woman. Also why are the flowers fake?"

"I got commissioned leave unnie. I feel bad that I couldn't back you up when you went after the criminal. Am I really bothering you that much? And the flowers are fake because the nurse didn't allow me to get real flowers. Apparently they carry Pseudomonas."

Yongsun was sad to hear that her partner felt guilty about the whole thing. She had nothing to explain, as it was Yongsun's own decision to rush in before backup arrived. But she knew she couldn't change Hyejin's mind once she had decided something. 

"Okay, I'll let you stay on one condition. Get me something else to eat other than this boring hospital food please. It tastes like a sock''

"First off, you're not allowed to eat anything greasy. Second off, why the hell do you know what a sock tastes like?"

"Why are you so annoying. It's a figure of speech you little . Anywho, how much longer do I have to stay here. I hate it here."

"Oh you're good to go, we're just keeping you here under observation since you've had a pacemaker installed", said Byulyi, as she walked into the room.

"You'll also have to go for a psychiatric evaluation, it's standard procedure after such trauma."

"Do I have to?"

"Unnie you have to, even the chief said it's mandatory if you ever wish to get back on the job" said Hyejin. 

"Ew I hate psychiatrists with their psychiatric knowledge and their common sense and rationality. Can't I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter