Chapter 14

The Broken Heart Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are your plans for Christmas?"

Yongsun was on a phone call with her mother. The call had already exceeded 30 minutes and her patience was wearing thin. She'd been busy with paperwork for the last week and hadn't called her mother and now she felt like she was in the Spanish inquisition. 

"Mom, I already apologised for not calling. Why are you asking me so many questions?"

"Can't I know about my daughter?"

Yong sighed. It was better to get it over with. 

"I can't come over mom, I have prior commitments."

"What's more important than family? Are you dating someone? Is that why you're avoiding us?"

"Mom! Don't be dramatic. And no I'm not dating anyone. Wasn't one failed relationship enough? I'm going to a party with my friends"

"Oh, is it with Hyejin? Okay I won't stop you then. You need to have fun. But you should start dating again. It's already been 2 years darling"

Yong didn't want to correct her mother. If she believes it was Hyejin she was going with so be it. "Alright I'll think about the date. But I want to focus on my recovery and my career for now. Anyway I need to go now. I have a meeting in a few minutes"

Well that was painful. She wasn't ready to face her feelings yet. She herself wasn't sure what was going on with her and she was definitely not ready to discuss it with another human. For now.

****

Moonbyulyi was tired. It was the end of a long shift which she had to pick up because her colleague had sprained their hand. It was 4pm in the afternoon but it seemed like she had lost the concept of time after that 48 hour shift. 

"Let's go get coffee. You look like ". Wheein shook her head as she peeked into Byulyi's office. 

"Are you this charming to all the girls or am I special?"

"Not everyone can smooth talk like you unnie. Some of us gotta work hard to impress girls."

"It's not called smooth talking, it's being polite", said Byulyi as she let out an angry huff. 

"I'm sure your ex will disagree. Besides, you have half the nurse's station whipped for you. It's sad really. To see women fall for your smooth talk."

"Do you actually have anything useful to say or are you here to annoy me? I'm really tired and I won't hesitate to throw this book at you," said Byulyi, pointing to her 3000 page cardiology book. 

"Ooh . And yes I did have a purpose. To buy coffee. But what I'm actually interested in is your guest for my party. I didn't realise you were close enough to Detective Kim to be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter