Chapter 23

The Broken Heart Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun was a bit early to the restaurant. She was always earlier than the stipulated time. A side effect of her being a cop. Okay early understating it. She was 20 minutes early. The clock read 5:50pm when she entered the parking lot of the restaurant. 

She was excited to say the least. So she could definitely be excused for being early. She also blamed it a bit on Hyejin and her never ending questions. 

"YOU ACTUALLY ASKED HER OUT", Hyejin screamed in the quiet of their workspace. 

"Keep quiet, people are looking"

"You can't be seriously asking me to keep quiet about this. This is like the only major thing that has happened in your life other than your divorce and the shooting"

Yongsun just raised an eyebrow at her choice of words. 

"Thank god you never took up psychiatry. You'd have made sure your patients run to the hills"

"Hello, this isn't about me. Let's discuss you"

"Do we have to?", Yongsun mumbled with her eyes closed in mock agony. 

"Well you started the topic so might as well give me the courtesy of answering my questions"

"Can we atleast sneak out? I don't want people to know about my sudden revelation about my uality yet"

"Oh Yong unnie, they don't care. When will you learn". Hyejin dragged her out after telling the Captain about some investigation they had to do. 

"You're too good at lying"

"I got us out of there no? Stop complaining"

"Okay now buy me ttoetbokki and we can talk"

****

Minutes later, they were sitting outside the food truck, with the rice cakes. 

"Now spill, how did this happen, who asked whom, leave nothing behind"

Hyejin listened with rapt attention, as Yongsun recounted the incidents of the past weekend. 

"Well I'll be damned, you actually told her you like her. It was dorky as hell but it still counts. I would have definitely said yes. So did she?"

"Yes, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation"

"So, when's the date and what are y'all doing after the date"

"Ahn Hyejin have some respect"

"I'm being straightforward unnie, I'm worried about your modesty"

Hyejin yelped when Yon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter