Chapter 17

The Broken Heart Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein was just about to bite into her sandwich when her phone started ringing. She could never catch a break. Of course it was Byul. The girl had no sense of time.

"This better be important because I put my lunch on hold for you" 

"Woah why so annoyed Wheein? Is it because you are working but I am not?"

"Wait what? you are not working? I swear I saw you in the hospital early in the morning?"

"Oh yeah I had a minor surgery in the morning after that I took a leave of absence. But that is not important right now. I have a huge crisis going on" 

"Wait, you, Dr Moonbyulyi, professor of cardiology voluntarily took a leave of absence? Is the earth suddenly not tilted anymore? Is the sun rising in the west now? Is-"

"Jung Wheein! I told you I have a crisis going on right now"

"Oops. Sorry do continue"

"So last night"

"Ooo last night, the night you took Yong unnie home" 

"WHEEIN!"

"Sorry I won't interrupt anymore", said Wheein, with a giggle. 

"So last night, as you know, Yong was out of it. So I had to take her home. It was all fine, till she hugged me all of a sudden and told me that she had a problem going on and that she couldn't discuss it with me. I'm scared whee, what if she wants to end the friendship?"

"Don't be dramatic. Why would she do that? Y'all are always stuck to each other. Did you do something to piss her off?" 

"That's the thing, everything was fine or at least it has been fine from my side. I mean we used to text regularly till yesterday. But she hasn't texted me since morning. I had even left a note beside her. But I haven't heard a word from her. Whee this is so stressful"

"I really can't help you if you don't even know why she's annoyed. We're not even sure if she's annoyed. Just call her. I'm sure you'll figure out what to say. Now then, unlike some of us, I have work, so bye…"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter