Chapter 15

The Broken Heart Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byulyi was quite amused at the turn of events. She was trying to get over Yongsun but somehow here she was in her house, sleeping in her guest room. She shook her head and laid down in bed and wondered about how the events came about. 

She knew she had to get over her crush, but she had also realised that avoiding Yong was definitely not possible. Even if she couldn't have her as a partner, she definitely loved the friendship. So it was decided. She'd deal with her emotions like an adult and save her friendship. 

****

Yongsun turned the blaring alarm as she woke up the next day. She stretched out and walked to her kitchen, where she saw coffee already made and a note left by Byulyi. She had to go in early for work. So Yongsun was alone at home. She felt sad for some reason but she didn't want to dwell on that. 

*****

It was Christmas Eve. As usual, the city was decorated with lights and the Christmas trees looked beautiful, Yongsun thought to herself. She had been waiting for Byulyi to come and pick her up for the party and Byulyi was late. She blew warm air into her palms and was just about to go back into her apartment building when Byulyi pulled up. 

"Do you hate being on time? I was going to ditch you now in favour of my warm couch"

"Don't be dramatic, I was just dealing with some paperwork. Now get in, Wheein is waiting for us"

"Are you sure about me attending? I don't know Wheein that well and it might be a little weird"

"Yong, you think too much. She'd be happy to have you there"

Yongsun just nodded and turned to face the window.

****

"Byulah, you're finally here," said Wheein as she tackled Byulyi into a hug. 

"I thought you were going to ditch the party again like last time", muttered Wheein as she pouted at Byulyi. 

Yongsun who watched this entire exchange cleared . Wheein then noticed her for the first time. 

"Oh hi Unnie. I didn't think I'd see you here. I honestly thought byuli was lying when she said that you were her guest. Welcome," exclaimed Wheein. Yongsun couldn't help but smile. Wheein reminded her of a puppy, with her infectious energy. 

"Well then, let me take your coats and shall we go inside? It's cold here". 

****

Yongsun felt a bit out of place at this party. For starters, it was full of doctors and nurses. She wasn't dumb by any means, but she felt really out of place among people of science, because she had ditched science the first chance she got. Secondly, she barely knew anyone here. She had stuck by Byulyi all night but now she had to talk to a senior so here she was stuck alone, with Wheein for company. 

"Unnie why do you look so tired? The night has just started. Come on let's get you some food". Whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter