Chapter 12

The Broken Heart Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was peak winter. While Yongsun loved winter, it had it's own disadvantages in the form of a very clingy friend. Byulyi was someone who always showed physical affection and Yongsun was so not used to it. It had started with innocent hand holding, but with time, she'd grown comfortable enough to hold her around the shoulders and put her face into her neck. And now, with winter, she unconsciously gravitated towards heat and that's where Yongsun came in.

Normally, Yongsun would have aid that she doesn't like this. She was not a very affectionate person. She liked her own space. But somehow, words seemed scarce when she was around Byulyi. And she didn't want to admit this, but holding hands made her feel soft. She still had no explanation for her behaviour around Byulyi. Well, she did, but that was absurd. 

"Yong, let's go, the movie is about to start. You can look at the sunset later you weirdo."

"For a doctor, you speak really stupid things. The sun sets once a day Byulyi. Don't be silly."

"But I don't want to miss the start of the movie," she whined. 

Yongsun couldn't help but smile. How had they gone from iffy strangers to whatever they were today? She was glad though. Byulyi was a good friend who always took care of her. She never had real friendships. Her parents were extremely protective so her sister and Hyejin were her only friends. This was a very welcome development for get. 

"Alright, alright. You win. Let's go. I still can't believe you're dragging me to a kid's movie."

"Hey it's a nice movie. And it's not only for kids. It's wholesome entertainment."

Soon, they were seated in the theatre, with two tubs of caramel popcorn and coke. 

"I'm gonna have a sugar high after this. Just because it's a children's movie doesn't mean you buy sweets Byulah. You're a doctor. You should know better."

"As a doctor I can confirm, sugar is the solution to everything. Just enjoy it while you can."

"If you say so."

The theatre darkened once the movie started playing. Unknowingly, the tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter