Chapter 20

The Broken Heart Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The amusement park was a 30 minute drive from the city. Since they had a weekend stay at the resort in the amusement park they had set out early in the morning so that they could get the best room available. Yongsun had talked Byulyi into letting her drive her Mercedes and she was currently speeding away on the highway. Byulyi was telling her stories from the emergency room. 

"I swear I don't understand people. Why would you try to lift weights which you know you can't? That hernia was so bad Yong, Whee had a hard time convincing them that it wasn't gonna reduce on its own"

"Being a doctor is very entertaining I see?", Yong interjected. She was still focussed on the road, but there was a smile on her face, reflecting her amusement. 

"Not really. It's not as glamorous as they show it to be on TV shows. Most of the time it's just people who come to us with chest pains, which isn't even a cardiac cause it's just indigestion. It's so not fun convincing them that they are all right and I just need an antacid. The most interesting case I've seen in a while was yours". Byul suddenly stopped talking. She was not sure if Yong was comfortable discussing this. 

"Why'd you stop talking? Are you afraid that I might be traumatised? Don't worry I am totally fine. My therapist even asked me to discuss this if possible. Why exactly was it interesting?"

A pause, and then Byul started talking. 

"Well, it's just that I am so used to seeing the regular cases of heart failures or hypertension. So anything which is out of the ordinary is interesting. Arrhythmias and pacemakers are always interesting"

"Right. Okay stop there. I don't wanna know more. Besides, we're almost here."

Yongsun took a left turn and they could see the amusement park sign board. 2 minutes later, they were in a huge parking lot. 

As they checked into the hotel, they were lucky enough to manage to snag a room in the higher floors, which had a view of the lake and the mountains beyond it.

As they entered the room, Byulyi plopped onto the bed which was near the window, while Yongsun took the other one.

"Well, then now that we're checked in, do you want to sleep a bit before going to the park? It's still 8:40am."

Byulyi didn't answer, as she had already passed out. Yong stared at her for a bit, with a smile on her face. She shook herself out and set an alarm and fell asleep. 

***

Yongsun screamed as the roller coaster took a downward dive. She had a death grip on Byulyi's hand, she only realised it when the ride ended. 

"Oh I'm so sorry. Is your hand alright?"

Byulyi wasn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter