Reason

LOVID-19 [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was walking in the hall that he heard a little girl's voice. It came from Minseok's phone. He and Nayeon were video calling.

"Look at mama, we'll come home soon, ok? Just wait a little more, honey." Nayeon said to her daughter, whose eyes were full of tears. "No, you're lying! You're lying, you left me here alone! You and Daddy don't love me anymore! You- uwaaaa~~~" She started crying.

"Darling, who said we don't love you? You're our life you know? Just we are working here, it's our job. Please don't cry Naeun." Minseok pleaded, he never could stand her daughter's tears, it made him feel like a useless father.

Kyungsoo walked toward them. "Can I have your phone, Minseok?" He asked.

"I'll, I will end it now, we're sorry." He bowed. "Just our daughter is crying. I, I wanted to calm her down. Please let me talk to her, I'm sure you understand that it hurts a lot to see your daughter crying." Minseok said, stressed.

"Yes and I want to talk to her, can I?"Minseok handed him the phone, shocked. Maybe he can do sonething. He has raised two daughters already, and all alone. He thought.

"Hi, Naeun-ah! Do you know me?" Kyungsoo asked, she just shook her head cutely. "You don't?! Maybe it's because of this mask and staff. I am sure you know me. Anyway, I'm uncle Kyungsoo, remember? We've seen each other a lot!"

Her eyes became wide open. "Favorite uncle Kyung? Lisa unnie's father? I got it!" She wiped her eyes.

Since when our professor became her favorite uncle?and she stopped crying? What is happening? Nayeon thought.

"Look, honey... I know you miss mommy and Daddy, but there are some people who need them more here, you know why?" She shook her head again. "Because they are sick, so bad. They need your parents to cure them, to take care of them. Do you know what is your parents' job?" He asked.

"Yes uncle, mama is a nurse and Daddy is a doctor."

"So you know that they are both heroes, right?"

She tilted her head and looked at him, confused. "No! They just work in the hospital."

"And they save people, isn't that what heroes do?" She nodded, proudly. "So, you, as a heroes' daughter, must be brave and patient, ok?"

"Ok."

"Promise me that you won't cry."

She nodded."promise!"

"That's good, pretty girl, so bye!"Nayeon and Minseok waved from behind.

"Take care three heroes!" She said cutely and ended the call.

"Wow! That was wonderful!" The couple said at the same time.

"No big deal. Here, your phone." Kyungsoo walked away and left the shocked couple alone.

Just when he left them, his phone started buzzing. "Jen?" He answered his phone.

"Dad,we made the kit! Can you believe it?! We did it, yes!" Jennie shouted on the phone excitedly.

"Well that's great. I'm really proud of- oh another patient. I got to go, thanks for the news."

"Oops bad timing, sorry!"she ended the call.

"Name?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Seulgi...Kang Seulgi."she coughed.

"So you're test was positive, any sickness?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Asthma." Seulgi informed. Uh-oh, bad news!

Jisoo ran toward them. "Seulgi-ah! Are you ok?! How you got the sickness? I told you to be careful! It's more dangerous for you!" She cried."I'll take care of you myself, ok?"

"If you're asking me, no problem, but I'm scare_"

"Thank you Professor! I'm sorry I had to ask you first." She bowed and then led her friend.


***


Some days after Seulgi's arrival, Jisoo sat on a chair, near patients. She was thinking why she chose to be a doctor. Not because it was tiring, but because she couldn't stand her friends and beloved ones in such a situation. She was deep in her thoughts that Junmyeon called.

"Hey, you ok?" She looked up. He had fixed the shield with glue, a little funny, but at least it could protect, until they get the new ones. "Want to go to my room? Rest a little?"

"I'm ok..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter