A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin Pt.16

A Love Blew From No Where - A love story with Lee Taemin

 

Does your heart hurts like mine? – SeoYun

 

“Ahhhhhh…” Five mouths opened in unison and yawned. Five pair of sleepy eyes blinked off the tired tears and gazed emptily into the air.

“That’s it.” Onew hyung’s determined voice broke the silence in the company car and looked at s with utmost seriousness.

“We need coffee.”

“Yeah, yeah….yeah.” Came the series of agreement.

Taemin yawned again. Its 11p.m and they had just finished wrapping up their performance at Music Bank. But the day wasn’t done for them yet.

They still have to go back to the dance studio and practiced for the JoJo’s dance routine. To add on to their exhaustion, they had only five hours of rest since yesterday.

Manager hyung stopped the company car right outside the nearest coffee club and Onew hyung gathered Shinee together with a pen and pad in his hands.

“Okay, so what’s the order?”

“Espresso. Double shot.” Minho hyung spoke out.

“Ice coffee latte.” Key umma said.

“Cappucino.” Jonghyun hyung muttered.

“Done!” Onew hyung beamed with a mysterious renewed energy in his eyes. “What about you Taemin?”

“Errr…” Taemin frowned. “I can’t make up my mind. Why don’t I go with you to order?” He suggested.

“Sure.”

They started to don in their disguise – disposable face mask to cover their faces and jackets with hoodies to cover their heads.

“Be back in a sec” Onew hyung took the order sheet and got out of the company car with Taemin.

 

Barely two steps taken later….

“Do you think there’s chicken snack in the coffee club?” Onew hyung mused over the question seriously.

Taemin shook his head in wonder. Really…Onew hyung can be so obsessed with chicken at times.

 

He raised his head and stared cautiously at the coffee club late night customers, hoping none of them could recognize who they are.

Fortunately, none seemed to notice their presence.

 He smiled behind his mask.

Then he saw her, sitting at one of those outdoor seats, frowning at some papers on the table.

Before he realized it, he was already making his way to her….

 

X+ 5 = Y +10

X+ 5 – 10 = Y

Therefore X + Y + (2x – 2) =……..

ARGHHHHHH

I’m really bad at maths.

 

I sighed and noticed a shadow looming over me.

“Hey Ale…” I raised my head up and saw a hooded, masked figure standing beside me. I raised an eyebrow, not quite getting why this stranger felt so familiar to me or why his pair of eyes was causing my heartbeat to quicken.

“Taemin?”

The masked figure raised his finger and lowered his mask for a moment.

 It was a smiling Taemin alright.

“Why are you here?” I feel panic in my tone.

“Shhh!” he hastily took his finger up to his lips. “Don’t let them know who we are.”  He whispered urgently.

We?

I cast a glance to a taller hooded, mask figure standing beside him.

He chuckled slightly at my puzzled expression.

“This is Onew hyung.” Taemin introduced.

“Oh.” I bowed my head slightly. “I’m Seo-Yun.”

The taller guy gave a slight wave back and made some gestures to Taemin before heading into the coffee club.

I smiled at the secret message passed between them. Was he trying to give me and Taemin some personal space?

“Why are you here?”  I repeated my question.

“I guess its fate?”  He answered lightly.

I pulled a long face to his reply.

He gave a slight laugh and looked at me with a twinkle in his eye. “Me and the Shinee hyungs were tired so we decided to pop to the nearest café and grab some caffeine. But I’m not lying about the ‘fate’ part.”

 

I blushed at his remarks and quickly looked down to my math questions.

“Math again?” He leaned over to me and stared at the pile of math scrabbles on the paper.

His face was only mere inches from me. In an instance, I was stunned by an unexpected shock flowing through me and the crazy impulse to reach out my hand and touched his defined cheekbones.

I froze my body, trying to stop this irrational desire within me.

Yet he was still here, right by my side, laughing softly at my unkempt handwritings, ignorant of this raging fight going inside my heart and mind.

 

That was why I almost cried out in relief when I heard another familiar voice called my name from behind.

“Hey Alex!” I swirled around a bit too hastily and made Taemin stumbled back to an upright position. “Thanks for the coffee treat.” I took the cups from the perplexed Alex as he approached near the table.

Then I saw the confused look in Taemin’s eyes.

“Errr this is my colleague and friend, Alex. “ I tried to keep my voice upbeat as I start the introduction.

But seriously?

I’m currently experiencing one of those ‘hollow stomach’ sensations.

“And this is err…” I waved my hands towards Taemin as my mind raced to find a way to introduce him without exposing his identity.

“My rooftop friend.” I concluded and immediately groaned inside my brain.

Great-going Seo-Yun

But Alex fortunately accepted it and did a slight bow with a bright smile. “Hi, I’m Alex.”

Taemin returned gesture quietly.

And there came an uncomfortable thick silence…

I laughed nervously and began talking.

Anything….anything to break this awkward situation.

“Erm Alex here is my partner at work for the moment.” I blabbered. “We decided to take a break from work, so we came here for some coffee while he tutors me for the final exams.”

 

I have no idea why I’m trying so hard to explain why I am here with Alex. I mean…it’s perfectly normal for friends to gather at coffee clubs to study right?

But I knew deep down; I didn’t want Taemin to get the wrong idea. I couldn’t bear the thought of the person I like to assume I’m with someone else.

I’m horrified by the thoughts. A dull pang of pain hit my heart.

But he was still silent.

“Hey I got the drinks!” Onew oppa broke the fragile atmosphere like shattering glass with his single sentence.

He walked up to Taemin and popped one brown paper bag into his arms. “I got you Vanilla latte! And guess what? They do have chicken snacks!” He beamed, still totally ignorant about the situation.

“Sorry but we have to go! It was nice meeting you!” Onew oppa ushered Taemin back to the car.

“I’ll see you in school!” I called out to him.

He simply reacted with a slight bow and walked on.

I stood, rigid to the spot as I stared at his retreating back figure. 

 

“You like him don’t you?” Alex’s voice broke my focus.

I was caught so off guard by his sudden observation that I simply blurted “How do you know?”

He plopped down to the seat, took a sip of his coffee and muttering something incoherent.

“What?” I sat down as well.

“Nothing….” He answered softly and remained quiet.

I glanced at the unsolved math question on the table and gave a long sigh.

Nothing is going right for me tonight.

 


#Author's note - Sorry I can't really talk right now! I got to rush out!!!!! I will review this chapter and update with the comments later!

And yes! I finally brought the chicken joke in!

Please subscribe and comment! :DDDD

SEE YA~~~