Drunken Night

Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Work is quite tiring. Whenever I'm off work, I do the same routine I do to relax unless it's raining or snowing outside. My routine has changed though as my new neighbor seemed to want to be a part of it now. Everytime I go outside at my own balcony, she is too. Like a creep that she seemed to be, she would always look over and smirk whenever she saw me go outside at the sound of my sliding glass door.

"How's it going?" she would always ask with her usual red wine. Red wine seemed to be a favorite of hers.

But somehow, the creepiness aspect of it slowly faded away as I got used to her being out there and greeting me. Sometimes, I would be in the balcony and she wouldn't be. But I would see her either biking back or out of the apartment complex. I wonder if she doesn't have a car. After all, she just moved here.

Whenever I decide to take Zero on a walk, I would see her on her bicycle strolling carelessly. It seemed quite freeing when I saw her riding her bike in peace. That seemed to be her peace of mind. Something was attractive about her riding her own bicycle and there seemed to be no reason behind it.

Where is your destination, Jessica? I wonder if she's looking for work or already has one nearby...

 

I stepped out of my balcony once again for a refresher. As usual, I already saw Jessica to my right, staring at me and greeting me. She bought new furniture it seems as she now had a porch table and chair to go with. She had two chairs so I wonder if she was living with someone after all. She also seemed to enjoy reading books a lot.

I decided to initiate a conversation this time although it may bother her tranquility.

"Do you love reading a lot?" I started.

Jessica looked over at my direction and replied, "yes I do. It's nice to read."

"What genre do you like reading the most?" I continued.

"Hm..." she pondered and stared me down, "... I like autobiographies..."

Autobiographies?

"So..." she closed her book, stood up from her chair, and leaned towards the wooden fencing of the balcony, "... tell me more about yourself?"

Why does she want to know more about me all of a sudden? But I guess it doesn't hurt to get to know more about who I'm living next to.

"Well, you already know my name. You already know I have a dog. What more did you want to know about me?" I asked.

"Well, tell me your hobbies, your likes, your wants, anything about your life honestly," Jessica urged.

"Well..." I got up from my porch seat and leaned over the right side of my balcony's wooden fence to face Jessica directly, "... I play games whenever. I have coloring books when I can't go outside to relax... Let's see," I thought up of some more things I could tell about myself, "I want to be successful someday. I'm currently studying in college and working full time at a bar not too far from here..."

"I see..." Jessica smiled, "... when do you work and where?"

"Oh, it's called Flower Power. It's a bar run by women."

"Women huh?" she grinned, "so I may be able to see other women there?"

"Um... well yeah?" no sh*t Sherlock! It's a bar run by women so obviously there would be more female customers!

"I may frequent that bar then, depending on when you work."

"I work almost everyday, so you'll see me there every night. Feel free to stop by some time. I'll buy you your first drink," I offered. Might as well be courteous.

"Is that a promise, Taeyeon?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"Will there be red wine?" she asked.

"Don't you have enough red wine? I always see you drinking red wine almost everyday."

"I see you've been observing me..." she smirked.

"Well it's not like I can't really know what the hell you drink when I see you almost everyday in the balcony with it in your hand," I scoffed.

"Right," she nodded, "are you working tonight? I'll drop by."

"Yes I am."

"Well, I'll see you then," she smiled, "it was nice talking to you once again, neighbor," she smirked and walked herself into her apartment.

Why do I feel a weird vibe with her?

 

The night was young and I had to be at work. Sometimes, I would rather just sleep through everything but I know I couldn't since I have bills to pay. I work as a barback since I didn't have any experience being a bartender. But I am learning from the bartender. Her name is Yuri and she's really popular with the girls. Somehow, I think that Flower Power is turning into a lesbian bar because of her.

"Welcome to work," Yuri greeted me with a smile as she was wiping the glasses, "help me with these glasses, will you?"

"Yes ma'am," I nodded as I took off my jacket, walking inside the bar area with Yuri, and stuffing my belongings underneath the bar table.

It was the same thing everyday. I open up with Yuri in the bar while the cooks were in the kitchen, prepping food. The few servers we have were prepping the dining area, cleaning the floors, tables, and whatnot. I was a bit excited for Jessica to come and see the bar and I think she would really like it here if she's one to frequent bars. I think I should tell Yuri about her.

"Hey, I have a new neighbor and I invited her to come in tonight," I mentioned to Yuri.

"Oh yeah, a woman, right?" Yuri giggled.

"Of course," I glared and scoffed at her. What a womanizer, "I think you'll like her though. She actually might scare you off. This woman's mysterious."

"Is she now?" Yuri laughed out loud, "I think any woman is mysterious to you. You don't even swing that way!"

"Well it's not like I had any experience at all nor am I attracted to anyone ever!" That may have been a lie since I do feel some kind of interest and attraction with my new neighbor.

"You never know... life is full of surprises," Yuri winked. I wonder if she's hinting I may be swayed by a girl at some point.

 

Flower Power was open for business. Customers started trickling down little by little. Of course, we usually see our frequent visitors and a few newbies in our bar. The bar is pretty small so it can handle only a few people. On the weekends, it can get crowded which deter some people away, sadly. But thankfully we have our loyal and repeat customers. Maybe I should j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter