Digging Deep

Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day, another morning. Today was different though. This time, Zero woke me up by me in the mouth. Usually, he would only do it when he's worried about me.

"Good morning, Zero-yah," I groaned as I slowly petted him.

He kept me in the face until I decided to sit up so he could stop. I stared at him, half-asleep, wondering if he also needs to potty. Unwillingly, I reached for my phone to see what time it was. It was 12PM... and I wanted to sleep in some more. After all, I couldn't sleep last night after thinking about what just happened. A drunk Jessica just stole a kiss from me... my first kiss to be exact.

Remembering the kiss just brought out the confusing feeling I felt last night. It was nice... her warm soft lips upon mine... but she was probably too drunk to remember what she even did last night. Even so... it was not as if it was warranted. Is this assault?

"Alright, Zero. Let's start our day again, shall we?"

Today is Monday and we don't have to go to work, thankfully. Time for a break from the busy nights we've been having lately and time for a break from Jessica after what just happened last night. I think I still have to process and gather my thoughts about it. Eitherway, it was time to catch up on some college homework that I have been slacking on because of how busy the nights have been. Thankfully, everything was offered online.

 

After my finishing some of my college work, I decided that I should take a break from it a little bit since my eyes were still tired from not getting enough sleep and getting woken up by Zero earlier than what I had expected myself to wake up after such a sleepless night. My thoughts were filled with what had happened last night again. Knowing if I confronted Jessica about it, I wouldn't even know what I'll have to say.

"Who should I call?" I thought.

All of a sudden, I don't know why she was the first person that popped in my mind, I decided Yuri was the best person to talk to despite the fact that she's a womanizer and never really had much of a serious relationship to begin with. However, the fact that she's experienced a lot of girls before, she should be able to give me some kind of advice about this situation.

"Let's call Yuri and see if she's available," I told myself mentally.

I looked up Yuri's number on my phone and immediately called her. Surprisingly, she picked up within a matter of seconds. Usually, it would take a dozen times to even reach her through the phone... although she did say she prefers texting instead.

"What do you want, Taeyeon?" she asked me almost immediately.

"Are you busy?" I asked.

"Hm... not really. Why?"

"Just wanted to see if you want to hang out somewhere," I told her.

"Now?!"

"Yep."

"Well, alright," she sighed, "let me get changed. Send me a location and I'll meet you there in no time. If anything, I can pick you up," she offered.

It would probably be faster if she picked me up with her car anyway since I didn't have one. I usually commute to places since my income gets eaten up by the apartment itself. My parents are nice enough to take care of my tuition for me.

"Sure thing. What time do you think you'll be here?" I asked.

"Give me about 30 minutes to get ready and I'll be headed towards your way," Yuri answered.

Yuri didn't live too far from here, thankfully. After all, she needed to be close to where her business is. Since the bar was not too far from here, her coming here wouldn't take too long, especially if she's driving her car to get here.

I decided to get changed as well and get Zero ready for the day out. Yuri can immediately assume that Zero is coming with since he's with me almost everywhere I go.

 

After getting ready, I put Zero's leash on his harness and started to exit the apartment. But as soon as I was just about to pass by Jessica's apartment, I heard her yelling on the phone with someone.

"I'll be there when I want to!" I heard her muffled scream through the door.

I wonder where she's referring to.

"Don't worry. I'm fine here," she sighed, "I promise that I have not touched any of your money at all! You know I have a lot of savings!"

So... she came here using her own money? Is she that rich back in America? I couldn't even imagine moving to Korea from America with nothing but savings in me. An apartment itself is costly enough to have, even if we're in the outskirts of Seoul.

"I found a way to make money here. It's all good," she continued, "I'll visit when I can, but please... I'm doing good here."

Jessica's parents must have been asking about her from what I could assume. They probably wanted her back in America for some reason. Maybe it's because they miss her already. Eitherway, I should probably head out and meet Yuri by the street. She's probably waiting for me already.

 

I was in Yuri's passenger seat with Zero tucked in his car seat on the back. Yuri hasn't asked me yet why I wanted to go hang out on a whim but I know she's probably curious. Maybe she will open up when we get to the restaurant. In the meantime, we're listening to her playlist and it didn't seem like she wanted to have any break from the bar's club music at all. I feel almost as if I'm still at work while riding in the car with her.

"Can we listen to something else?" I suggested.

"Why? What's wrong with my music?" she asked while still paying attention on the road.

"It's been club music ever since we left my apartment!" I complained.

"Yah! It's my car, therefore I get to play the music!" she spat back.

"Fine," I sulked. It was indeed her car and I'm just here for the ride.

However, I heard her sigh in dismay and she tapped me on my shoulder. I turned to her and saw her signaling me to connect my phone on her car's bluetooth.

"Go pick your song," she told me.

"Are you sure?" I asked, making sure that she wouldn't be frustrated if I actually plug in my playlist.

"Do it before I change my mind," she taunted.

"Arasso..." I nodded and connected my playlist on her radio.

Immediately, ballad songs started playing out of her speakers, to her dismay.

"Are you feeling things at the moment or are you really just this emotional?" she joked.

"What's wrong with ballads? They're nice to listen to," I retorted.

"C'mon," she slapped the side of my arm with one hand while the other was still on the wheel, "you don't have to be so coy. I'm sure you have something in your mind, especially since you asked me to hang out with you. We never hang out that much at all."

"What if I just miss hanging out with you?" I teased.

"We both know that's not true," she laughed, "you like your alone time a little too much."

Yuri's right. I always prefer to be alone even on days that I felt I should get out of the apartment. She had asked me to hang out a bunch of times before until she decided to give up since I would always either flake out on her or just outright tell her that I didn't feel like going out at all.

"Is this about Jessica?" she teased.

"Ugh... is it that obvious?!" I groaned.

"Well, she's the only woman in your life at the moment. I don't see you as the type to go out and go on dates with other people," she laughed again.

"Humans can't be trusted," I sneered.

"I am human and you're literally trusting me on driving you to the restaurant," she retorted.

"You're right," I sighed, "but you know what I meant."

"Yeah, yeah," she nodded slightly, "we shall talk about it at the restaurant I guess. I want to hear everything that has been going on between you two since that day that she got drunk in our bar."

That moment when she got drunk... I almost had a panic attack. That sleezeball wouldn't stop drinking her life away. As a result, Yuri had to help me carry her to her apartment and I had to watch for her overnight. I remember that moment when she went on top of me... but thankfully fell asleep right after.

 

Finally, we reached the Italian restaurant I wanted to go to. It was one of the places that allowed me to have Zero along, even just outside the restaurant. They had outdoor seating, perfect for people who have pets that they let them tag along with them during the day. Since not a lot of people usually sat outside, even when it's warmer now, we were seated immediately and were catered to.

"So, spill your tea," Yuri reminded me of our conversation in her car.

"Right," I nodded. I gathered my thoughts about where I wanted to start. But in reality, all I could really talk or think about was that kiss from last night.

"Oh my god, don't tell me," Yuri reached for my arm and slapped it playfully, "you guys kissed already?!"

How did she even know what I was thinking about?

"I didn't even tell you what happened yet!" I whined.

"I could already assume," she gave me a playful glare.

Maybe I'm just that easy to read or she's just that smart to read what was inside people's heads.

"Anyway, last night, she seemed too drunk and said weird words until she stole a kiss from me."

Yuri gasped, "stole a kiss from you?!"

I nodded in response.

"She's very bold... I mean, from what I have seen so far, she was very obvious about her feelings towards you, you know?" Yuri sighed, "that poor girl."

"Poor girl?!" I scoffed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter