Zero

Girl Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 10AM and I was just waking up. My days were normally like this after her work days as the bar closes past midnight. I was always groggy and not ready for the world but because I had a dog with me, it's my responsibility to take him out to go potty as well. I opened the sliding doors towards the balcony and let myself be greeted by the morning sun. The sun blinded me shortly.

"Good morning to you too, sunshine."

I turned to the sound of the voice and was greeted with a warm smile from the person I now despised the most.

"Would you like to share a cup of coffee with me?" the person who owned the voice raised her cup to at me.

"You know, Jessica, my morning was going to be fine until I had to see you," I scoffed.

"Now, now, don't be rude. I'm being a nice neighbor to you," Jessica smirked and offered, "I've got extra coffee if you would like some."

"Are you sure there's no poison on that?" I retorted. Why should I even trust this girl?

"Why would I poison you?" Jessica chuckled.

"Have a nice day," I glared at her and went back inside my room.

I got myself ready for the day; taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and wearing comfortable clothes for the day. I didn't really had any plans for my day off other than staying indoors and maybe catching up on my games. I was too lazy to contact any of my friends who wanted to have a dog meet up so our dogs could play around. Today, I shall deem it, Taeyeon's relaxation day away from society. I am, afterall, an introvert.

"Zero, potty?" I asked my silver miniature poodle.

"Arf, arf!" Zero barked in pure joy and excitement. He was happy that his bowels are finally going to be relieved.

I put on the leash on the excited Zero. It was a bit tedious but I wasn't going to have it any other way. Zero was my baby and my best friend. We both got out of the apartment and went to the dog park in the apartment complex. I took the leash off and let Zero sniff around the ground so he can find a spot while I sat down on the park bench and watched as he did whatever he had to do.

Suddenly, a cup of coffee contaned in a disposable paper cup was held over my shoulder. The hand belonged to someone I didn't even want to talk to this early morning. But since it was inevitable, I might as well have a conversation.

"Here, it's still warm. It'll wake you up and refresh your morning grogginess," Jessica chuckled, still holding onto the coffee cup.

I took the coffee and smelled the aroma. That alone woke my senses up. I bowed to her a little as a sign of appreciation and took a sip of the warm coffee.

"Maybe I should get a dog and we can do puppy playdates," Jessica giggled, "you're dog's definitely pretty cute."

"Don't mistake his cuteness as a sign of him being someone approachable. He's definitely skiddish around most people," I told Jessica as I kept an eye on my furry best friend.

"Is that so? What's his name again?"

"Zero."

"I see," Jessica nodded.

I rose up from my seat and took a small plastic bag from my pocket then picked up Zero's excess pile, throwing it in the dog waste bin afterwards. I walked over to Zero and put his leash on afterwards, signaling that it was ready for us to go. But before Zero and I made our journey back to the room, Jessica walked over to the gate to approach Zero.

"I'm telling you, he doesn't like most people," I warned Jessica.

Jessica didn't care enough. She seemd to want to test the waters. She crouched down and called Zero's name over in a high-pitched cutesy voice. It alerted Zero enough. He was skiddish around her at first since he didn't really know who she was but eventually made his way towards her and happily her face, his tail wagging a bit uncontrollably.

"Good boy, Zero," Jessica giggled.

I was surprised and weirded out at the sight since Zero was usually one to bark and growl with just anyone. He was sort of possessive over me and he wouldn't let anyone else touch him whenever I'm around.

"Seems like you're one special girl," I mumbled.

Jessica looked up to me with a smirk on her face while petting Zero, "I could be your special girl."

"You're so sleezy. It's disgusting," I scoffed.

"Is it wrong to like someone as cute as you?" Jessica laughed.

"You know, Americans are seriously weird as hell," I mentioned with a disgusted face.

"You could say, we don't play around. If we know what we like and what we want, we say it," Jessica let out a small giggle before standing up, "anyway, do you have plans for the day?"

"It definitely doesn't include you," I scoffed.

"I have done nothing but be nice to you," Jessica chuckled, "at least give me a chance to show you I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter