Chapter 2

Your Choice

Riley, Zwei’s bestfriend was walking back and forth below the tree house that Zwei was in. Zwei was inside that tree house just meters away from their house when she heard her bestfriend calling for her name, she looked down just to see her friend acting like she’s troubled by something. Zwei rolled her eyes watching her bestfriend do her thing. “I don’t know what you’re doing but can you stop it and come up already?” she said then Riley halted on her tracks and scratched her head before going up.

 

“My bad” Riley said as she climbed up the tree. “Why do you like being here anyway” she said as she came inside. Zwei looked at her almost offended because it’s like her safe haven. Riley immediately noticed how Zwei’s face turned sour and she realized what she just said. She threw a peace sign to her bestfriend who just rolled her eyes at her. Zwei isn’t exactly people friendly as per dubbed by people, she’s normally grumpy-looking that’s why she’s hard to approach but that’s not it actually.

 

“Do you have something to tell?” she asked as soon as Zwei noticed Riley stopped talking. Riley then acted as if she just remembered it. “Oh wait, let me guess” said Zwei, as far as she remembers Riley gets jittery when she hears news she’s interested with, specially news that’s connected to her and as far as she remembers there’s one thing that have happened this week which might have caught her bestfriend’s attention. “You’ve heard about the marriage thingy, didn’t you?” she guessed.

 

Riley winked acknowledging Zwei’s guess. Riley then crossed her arms, “Can’t believe you actually agreed to be part of it. I mean you’ve shown no interest in business, what changed?” she asked obviously not knowing the full story.

 

Zwei shrugged, “I want my freedom” she started. Riley’s brows raised not getting what she’s talking about, “That’s on stake, Ri. If I do this, Dad would stop pestering me about anything that concerns our company” she said.

 

Riley nodded her head not really excited about Zwei’s answer. Riley then caught of her phone then snatched it from her, normally Zwei would have complained but she didn’t say anything and just watched Riley try to unlock her phone. She scoffed when she opened it, “Seriously? If you didn’t explain to me 12902, I would have just let it pass it like a weird looking combination looking PIN that has no connection to you. You like things out of normal eh” she said then gave it back to her.

 

Zwei then acting like it’s really nothing as Riley sported her teasing smile at her bestfriend who obviously was about to say something but chose to keep it to herself. “Just say it” she told her bestfriend.  She really hates it when Riley stalls.

As soon as Ace arrived in her office, she caught the figure of her bestfriend sitting on her chair like it’s hers. Ace smiled as she put down the document she’d be going over. “Aren’t you getting cozy there?” she asked because Czarina seems to be sleeping as her eyes were closed.

 

Still not opening her eyes, “It’s is cozy here, I’m sitting here. You sit in front” Czarina commanded.

 

Ace obviously having no choice sat in front like it wasn’t even her office. Now, it’s looking as if she’s a patient who’s about to talk to her doctor. “Fine miss. Thank you for the consideration” she said and so she heard Czarina chuckle. Ace shook her head, “What brings you here though? You didn’t tell me you were coming” she said.

 

Czarina opened her eyes, “Well, you weren’t exactly my agenda. Second, my agenda isn’t around. Last, I know I have a free pass here in your office” she explained.

 

Ace raised her brow at Czarina, “You have free pass everywhere here, and okay. Now, let me ask who your agenda was supposedly”  

 

Czarina pursed her lips. “Your sister” she told her and Ace looked at her confused. Well, she does know they never talked and there’s no way they might have interacted without her knowing.

 

“You mean Zwei Uriel S. Aragon?” not really believing her ears that’s why she asked ‘specifically’

 

Czarina rolled her eyes at Ace who kind of exaggerated. “Yeah, you’re twin sister who I’d marry if you continue exaggerating like looking for her is that of a big thing” she told her bestfriend.

 

Ace chuckled, “Well, you never looked for her. Why now?” she explained.

 

“I’m going to talk to her about our wedding, why?” she said in a serious way but of course how would Ace take her seriously when she knows how the two are when they’re around each other. Well, they weren’t around each other most of the time.

 

Ace nodded her head like she just believed what her bestfriend told her. “Zwei doesn’t like going here, if you want to talk to her. She maybe is at home” she told her then started to arrange some of the papers on her table.

 

“Maybe?” Czarina asked, she doesn’t actually know that much about Zwei obviously.

 

Ace looked at her, “I don’t exactly know where she is sometimes. Once she gets bored she goes somewhere else not much people know about. Zwei likes being free you know” she told her bestfriend who kept mum when she heard that. Now that Czarina thought about, this is the very first times she learned about Zwei. There were no times or circumstances that got her to ask about Ace’s twin sister considering Ace was always with her.

 

“Alright, can you then give this back to her for me?” she said then brought out the umbrella Zwei had her borrow when it rained. Ace was confused first before Czarina made it clear, “The day we were at the café, it was raining and so on and so on. She offered it to me” she said.

 

Ace then reluctantly received the umbrella, “Explains why she’s soaked that day. I thought she aged backward and wanted to bathe under the rain again” she told Czarina that made her chuckle.

 

Czarina then stood up from Ace’s chair, “Okay then, I’ll leave now for you to start whatever you’re going to do” she said then Ace nodded her head. 

 

Ace watched Czarina walk out from her office with some thought in her mind. Zwei obviously told her she forgot her umbrella, why did she tell her that when it’s otherwise. Anyway, she washed away those thoughts as she held the umbrella and put in on her bag.

Zwei was entering the company building when she caught of Czarina’s figure who seemed to see her too. She didn’t know what to do if she should walk away or should she go to the other young lady, but before she can decide Czarina was already in front of her. She looked at her again with that usual pokerface. Czarina then spoke telling her, “Uhm, I left your umbrella with Ace” she said.

 

Zwei silently nodded her head, and so Czarina awkwardly stood in front of her. Zwei scratched the back of her head as she was feeling awkward about it as well. Zwei then decided to talk as she sighed, “I suppose we’ll have to meet again sometime, without this awkwardness, of course. I’m an but I’ll try not to make you uncomfortable next time” she said that made Czarina stare at her, that might have been the longest she heard Zwei talk. She then chuckled when her mind processed what Zwei told her.

 

Czarina then nodded her head. She smiled at Zwei and said “Sure, next time” Zwei timidly smiled as she told Czarina she’s supposed to go as she was summoned by her father.

 

Zwei took some strides already as she huffed, and when she was about to enter the elevator. Czarina pulled her arm causing her to look back at her. “Wait” she said and brought out a piece of paper which Zwei reluctantly accepted. She then realized it was Czarina’s phone number.

 

Zwei laughed in her mind at how Czarina thought of the fact that Zwei would need her phone number. She had a teasing smile on her face as she looked back at Czarina, “Well, I guess I’ll be contacting you soon?” she told Czarina.

 

Czarina knew how silly the idea was but she already had done it so no backing out the moment she grabbed Zwei’s arms. She crossed her arms, “We can’t meet again if you no contact of me” she said.
 

Zwei answered back, “Well I can just ask Ace?”

 

Czarina tilted her head, “You’re going to ask for help to your competitor? I don’t think that’s a good idea.” She said as she faked disappointment in her voice.

 

Zwei was dumbfounded at what Czarina had told her, but the laugh she suppressed to her herself came out as she chuckled about the idea. She then continuously nodded her head in agreement at her statement. A grin on her face then came up as she told Czarina, “Okaaaay Ms. Zobel. I’ll see you again.” Zwei told Czarina as she brought up the paper she just got from her. “I now should go or my dad would think I’m running away again so may I take my leave?” she jokingly asked. Czarina nodded in response.

 

Neither of the two knew that a pair of eyes was watching the scene unfold. Ace was kind of conflicted at how her twin sister had acted around Czarina this time. She never was like that, as far as she knows to be exact.

“What does my old father want from me again?” Zwei spoke as soon as she entered her dad’s office. Her father dismissed what her daughter just said and asked her to sit on the chair in front of his table.

 

“Nothing in particular, just wanted to remind you of what we’ve agreed upon the other day” her father said.

 

Zwei sighed, “I agreed already and I’m not running okay?” she cleared herself. “Dad, no more business talks okay? We’ve talked about that a ton of times already. We’ve fought about tons of times already too. My answer will always be ‘No’.

 

“Why can’t you be more ambitious anyway?” her father asked her.
 

Zwei’s forehead knotted, “Dad, Ace is already doing a good job. This is hers’ to achieve, I don’t want to be in her way from achieving what she wants to have.” She told her father.

 

Her dad stared at her, “You do know you’re a lot better than Ace when it comes to business right? I know you’ve been slacking since your college days but still I see who people who are really good at it and you’re one of those people. It’s an innate talent Zwei” her father told her.

 

 Zwei sighed and stood up, “Well guess what, you’ve already chosen her the moment you agreed with the merging”

 

As she was walking away her father said something for her to stop on her tracks, “You can never be so sure, my dear daughter” he said.

 

She shoved any thoughts away and didn’t reply to her father any further. They might have to fight again if she answers back. She’s irritated enough already, what’s done is done.

...

She went to her car as soon as she left the building and as she was about to drive the door of the other side of her car opened and it turned out to be her sister. “You could have called kuya Larry if you’re not in the mood to drive” she told her sister who cozied herself beside her already.

 

“You’re here already, there’s no need to bother kuya Larry anymore” Ace replied.

 

Zwei clicked her tongue, “Fine” she said and drove away.

 

After a while of driving, Ace spoke, “I heard from Czar you let her borrow your umbrella. Why’d you tell me otherwise?” she asked.

 

Zwei didn’t spare her a look, “just because” she answered.

 

“okay” said Ace.

 

“Does it bother you?” Zwei asked her. “If it does then don’t” she looked at her twin who spared her a look then she returned looking in front of them.

 

They might have arrived at their house with silence around them and it kind of bothered Ace. She thought that she might have asked something she shouldn’t have asked. Why did she suspicious anyway.

 

“Hey” she called for her sister who looked at her. “I apologize for what I asked earlier, it was unnecessary” she said.

 

Zwei nodded in silence and she said. “You’re name is Ace for a reason. See, fate is even helping you to marry the person you like without any chance of your friendship being ruined. I’m pretty sure not in a million years would she pick me to be wedded to her after just one year” then she started to walk away.

 

“You’re supposed to be the younger between us but you talk like you’re the first born. You always know what to say, you always know what do and that worries me” Ace spoke that made Zwei look back at her. Ace then walked to her and patted her head as she walked away leaving Zwei with certain thoughts.

 

A/N:

Riley is Yena btw. Riley Cortez 

I'm going to post this before I'll go into hiatus. I'm going to be busy for while so I decided to drop this one before going into hiatus. 

peace!