Chapter 10

Your Choice

She woke up with her hair disheveled as if she just finished a war in her dreams, she opened and closed her eyes as her vision starts to blur. She then reached onto her glasses which was on her nightstand and wiped it before she put it on. She stared onto nothingness as she tried to wake herself up. As she did that, memories of what happened the other popped in her head. It has been days that she kept waking up with that on her mind. They haven’t talked about it since but they both know something had changed between the two of them. They would steal glances at each other when they’re in one space or they would go out without no one else knowing. They made others oblivious of what’s between them for days and days after those days. Well, Riley might have caught on because she keeps on giving stink eyes to her bestfriend. Nonetheless, everything’s fine as if now.  

 

She then stood up from her bed and was about to get ready when she heard a knock from her door. It was Ace who opened it wearing her office suit already. Zwei looked back and just stared at Ace waiting for her to talk.


“Please tell me you’re going tonight’s party” she said and Zwei’s forehead furrowed.

 

“What party?” she asked trying to remember and the she did. “Oh, Dad’s?” and she stared at her sister as if it was the stupidest question she might have asked.

 

“Come on, Zwei” she said almost pleading.

 

Zwei sighed, “Ace, you know I love you but you already know I don’t like going to party’s specially Dad’s and No it’s not from the hate I have with Dad but that party would just be surrounded with business people with their arrogant sons or daughters whatever.” She said continuously proving a point.

 

Ace then nodded her head, “Fine, but if you ever change your mind---”

 

“I won’t” she cut her sister before she even could finish what she was about to say.

 

“I figured!” said Ace. “See you later then” she said then Zwei just waved her hand heading to the bathroom.  

 

Ace just shook her head as she then head down to start her day. “So stubborn” she murmured to herself as she was walking down the stairs. Well, no one has ever had changed Zwei’s mind as per her existing knowledge, neither their mom could do anything about her sister’s attitude but then again it’s as per her existing knowledge. She doesn’t know about Zwei’s and Czarina’s yet. It’s the first time Zwei had changed her mind.

“You’re here frequently Czar” said Ace as she was followed by her bestfriend.

 

Czarina rolled her eyes, “It’s that time of the year” she said as she sat in front of her Ace.

 

Ace didn’t get what she said so she looked confused, “What does that even mean” she asked.

 

Again, Czarina rolled her eyes. “Of course you wouldn’t notice since it’s like a part of you already and with that I mean. It’s the time of the year when people do get a lot busy for you information Ace”

 

Ace chuckled as she cleaned her desk. “Alright alright, no need to be grumpy” she said.

 

Czarina then looked at her watch, and then decided to stand up. “I have to go” she said and fixed herself.

 

Ace simply nodded her head and was already looking at the documents she had in her hands. “Alright, see you later tonight” she simply said.

 

“Yep” said Czarina and she already went her way.

 

As Czarina was walking her out of the building, she brought out her phone and was about to call someone when that someone she was about to call popped in front of her making her drop her phone. Zwei chuckled as she picked Czarina’s phone for her. Czarina was pouting as she gave it to her but then Zwei s her arms on Czarina’s waist and had her walk with her.

 

“Where do you wanna go?” Zwei asked as they were walking.

 

“Any where’s fine, I’m just hungry” she said then Zwei nodded her head.

 

“Should we go to the cafe or do you want to go somewhere else?” Zwei again asked.

 

Czarina looked at her, “Café’s fine, I’m kind of rushing so yeah” she said then Zwei nodded her head and they went on their way.

 

As they had arrived Zwei casually just said, “The usual” to the waiter.

 

Both were looking at their phone checking on with their staffs for update at once. Zwei was first to let go of her phone and so she silently waited for Czarina who was apparently on call with her secretary. Maybe after a minute the call was over and so Czarina looked at Zwei and just in time their food was served.

 

As they were eating, “What time are you going tonight?” Czarina casually asked.

 

“Tonight?” Zwei asked.

 

Czarina nodded, “The party that was organized by your dad?” she asked.

 

Zwei pursed her lips, “I’m not going” she said.

 

“Why not?” Czarina said as her forehead said creased.

 

“Have you ever seen me attend one of my dad’s parties baby?” she asked with some intentions with the endearment just that it didn’t work. Zwei would call her that from time to time.

 

Czarina raised her brow at her and crossed her arms. “What if I told you to do? Would you still not?” she asked.

 

Zwei just blinked her eyes as she stared at Czarina who was waiting for her answer. “Well…” she trailed and cleared . “I might go?” she said unsure herself on how she just got easily convinced. Geez, what a bottom.
 

Czarina then smiled at her, looking so triumphant. “You should” she said as she took a sip of her drink.

 

Zwei on the other hand just tilted her head as she ate her food.

Both were then heading out of the café. “So? See you later?” asked Czarina but it was more like a command that Zwei just instinctively nodded her head in response. Geez, clearly a bottom behavior.

 

Zwei isn’t really feeling well with the situation, not in a bad way. It’s just like’s she’s feeling cornered or something but then she just shrugged as they to their company’s parking lot since she offered a ride to the Zobel’s company.                           

 

As they had arrived, Zwei opened the door for Czarina as usual. She then turned around and went inside also. Zwei looked sideways at now Czarina who’s again on call and so she started to drive. The Zobel’s isn’t that far so she’s just casually driving for Czarina to have a good ride. They weren’t really talking at each other at all since Czarina’s really kind of busy at the moment and she’s not really the type of person to talk that much as you people know.

 

When they had arrived, Czarina looked at her and told her, “See you later then” she said that Zwei casually stared at her and Czarina didn’t wait for her answer since she already know. Czarina kissed her cheek before deciding to get off the car but then Zwei wanted to like get even with Czarina at how she was acting earlier. Before Czarina could even comprehend why Zwei had pulled her back, Zwei already had her smile between their lips as she kissed her sensually. Czarina just blinked and closed her eyes instinctively. And even before she could have comprehend everything, Zwei already had pulled away and was grinning at her.

 

With one last quick kiss, Zwei said, “Sure” and this time it was Czarina who nodded her head dumbfounded. “Go on, baby. You still have a loooot to do”  Zwei said obviously teasing but Czarina was still entranced that she didn’t notice. Czarina left that car feeling heavenly.

 

Zwei chuckled as she watched Czarina out of it as she was walking away from her car, she smiled at herself victorious as she then decided to drive away and prepare for tonight.

 

Czarina on the other hand who kind of sobered expressed, “Oh My God” and did speed walking.

 Zwei was inside of her clothes room and was just staring at them when Riley appeared. “What are you doing?” Riley asked and looked at Zwei’s collection of unused clothes.

 

Zwei’s hummed, “Oh hey you’re just in time. Help me pick what to wear for tonight?” Riley not suspecting anything nodded her head and scanned her clothes. She then pointed at the pair of casual clothes Zwei would have liked to wear.

 

As Zwei was getting what she pointed out, Riley raised her brow as if she realized something. “Where are you going tonight?” she asked.

 

“Dad’s party” Zwei simply said.

 

Riley then nodded her head, “Oh you’re Dad’s party, I thought you were going for a date” she said like it’s a normal thing and then she whipped her head so fast at Zwei’s direction, “You’re dad’s party?!!” she exclaimed.

 

“What?” Zwei sternly replied.

 

Riley went near her and inspected Zwei’s face as if she’s looking if she’s lying or not, “You’re not lying” she told herself and then Zwei swatted Riley’s hands making Riley look at her weirdly.

 

Riley was then smirking at her and then she started poking Zwei’s cheeks, “What made you change your mind? It was Czarina right? Right? Right?” Riley’s just taking her chances at confirming what she has been sensing for the past few days.

 

Zwei simply nodded her head as if it’s not a big deal. “I can’t say no” she said.

 

Riley felt weird, “What the, why are you giving in so easily? That’s not what I’m expecting” she was kind of complaining.

 

Not looking at her, Zwei spoke. “You already knew, you just wanted confirmation” she replied and flicked Riley forehead causing Riley to wince out of pain.

 

Holding her forehead and pouting she followed Zwei who went out of the room and went to her bedroom. “Since when?” she then asked, “I thought you’re set on giving in again to your sister?” she said.

 

Zwei looked down, “I…” she trailed and looked at her bestfriend, “just couldn’t resist anymore” she then said.

 

Riley noticed at how Zwei’s eye’s looked sensual that she couldn’t help but chuckle. She then patted Zwei’s shoulder. “Well I kind of figured you’ll give in sooner or later but I didn’t expect it to be this soon” and then she smirked, “I was getting ready on preparing my speeches if ever Czarina would ever end up with Ace and see you miserable or something but oh well I remembered you’re a smartass”

 

“Tell me something I don’t know” said Zwei sternly.

 

Riley scoffed, “Oh should I?” she taunted. Zwei raised her brow and so Riley spoke, “You’re so clueless at how much Czarina actually like you, you didn’t notice it before but when I spoke to her she was so interested at hearing stories about you”

 

Zwei just stared, “She just wanted to know something to tease me” she said in denial.

 

Riley grimaced and rolled her eyes, “Being in denial doesn’t suit you so stop” she said that Zwei all did was throw the shirt in her hands onto Riley’s face and leave her standing.

 

Riley made a fist and punched the air looking so victorious. She doesn’t usually win an argument with Zwei but this was one of them. “Yah yah! Don’t tell me you’ll go !” she shouted.

 

“Shut up!” Zwei shouted back.

 Zwei sighed as soon as they arrived, “What a hole” she murmured pertaining at how many business people are there with their successors and whatsoever introducing themselves to each other.

 

“Hey, I’m just gonna greet my Dad” Riley told her.

 

Zwei nodded her head and headed to deepest corner of the venue. Riley then came back to her after she greeted her dad. She knew just where Zwei would be located so it wasn’t that hard to find her.

 

“I already want to leave” Zwei said as soon as Riley was there.

 

Riley crossed her arms, “You can though?” she said but then Zwei was already looking elsewhere and her expression was different from what it was before. It almost as if Zwei was internally rejoicing and so Riley followed her eyes and then she scoffed, “What were you saying again? Were you saying you want to leave?” said Riley as her eyes was on Czarina who arrived with Ace at that moment.

 

“Huh? Did I say something? I don’t remember saying anything?” replied Zwei shamelessly.

 

Riley looked at her not expecting that answer, “Sure” and then she added, “So?”

 

“What?” Zwei replied.

 

“Aren’t you going to greet her?” Riley said.

 

Zwei shook her head, “No not yet, she’s surrounded with people who had wanted to socialize with me. I’ll just go when she’s alone” she said then sipped from her drink which she got from the waiter who just walked in front of them.

 

Something then caught Zwei’s eyes as some man went near Czarina and talked to her. Zwei had caught at how Czarina’s expressions changed. “Who’s that?” Zwei then asked Riley.

 

Riley then whipped her head onto Czarina’s direction. “Oh him?” she then grimaced. “Shaun Vasquez, I’ve heard he’d been shown interest at Czarina when they were in high school but he never had the chance since Czarina had turned him down everytime but that dude probably have a stone face or something” she said and so Zwei nodded her head and looked at that guy as if she’s evaluating him until that Shaun Vasquez did something that made her blood boil. She fisted her hand and was about to rush to Czarina but even before she could, Ace was there already.

 

“Shaun” said Ace and that Shaun guy backed away and smiled at her.

 

Shaun then raised her hands away as it was s earlier onto Czarina’s waist. “Oh, hi Ace. Still together stuck like glue huh?” He said as if amused.

 

Ace smiled at him. “What are you doing with my fiancé?” and at that moment, as if it was timing Czarina eyes caught Zwei’s who was watching the scene unfold. Releasing a statement like that isn’t something to just day. It’s an event where it covered by the press and everything they hear there would be news at the moment it was heard.

 

Shaun was shocked at first but then he was amazed, “fiancé? So you did end up with each other eventually” he said looking so amused. The arrogant guy he was raised his drink and offered a toast. “So everyone I just received a news!” he shouted and turned around. “And so I offer a toast for Ace Aguirre and Czarina Zobel’s engagement news!” he said then everyone applauded.

 

“Enjoy the night” he said before leaving.

 

After that, Ace and Czarina was crowded with people’s continuous congratulations from everyone that all the two could do was thank them.

 

“Zwei” Riley looked at her friend worried.

 

But then that’s Zwei. Zwei looked at her and smiled, “It’s okay” she replied and looked back at them with an expression unreadable as she looked back at Czarina who was already looking back at her.

 

The person she is smiled at Czarina looking worried and apologetic, “It’s fine” she mouthed still with that expression on her face.

 

 

 

So hi?

:) 

Peace!