Chapter 13 [END]

Your Choice

Saturday morning and Zwei's getting ready to start her day. She woke up positive feelings, a hundred percent different at how she'd felt for the past days. Although as usual, she'll stare at nowhere but neverland. Eventually, she stretched her body like a cat and shoved ber blanket aside and jumped out of her bed like a kid.

 

Once again she stretched her body half awake. She apparrently stop moving when she heard a voice, "Open your eyes first, will you?" and so she looked at her.

 

Zwei clicked her tongue, "Knock before coming into my room, will you?" she replied back but Ace just shrugged.

 

"When have I ever done that?" she asked and walked straight to Zwei's bed and plopped onti. 

 

Zwei quietly watched Ace who went onto her bed and then she quietly sat beside her. "Not going to work?" she asked.

 

Ace shook her head, "Nah, because someone apparently did all of my supposed work that would have been keeping me busy right now" and then she sat down. "I have nothing to do, Zwei. Like I don't have anything to do, nor could I do anything" she said like a bored person but Zwei's smart enough to know what she meant but she decided to shrug the thought away.

 

Zwei winced at Ace complaining she's doing anything. "What?" she just replied.

 

"Your life is boring" she said that made Zwei pout like a little kid, Ace noticed it and laughed it off. "Of course I was kidding" and she brushed Zwei's hair.

 

"I know" Zwei replied back, Ace smiled but then there was silence.

 

Ace pursed her lips as she was thinking how she should she word the question she wants to ask. Zwei knows she wanted an answer that's why she's patiently waiting until Ace did, "I wanted to word it properly but I know myself just wants to ask why you didn't tell me" she said straight looking at her.

 

Zwei didn't want to meet her eyes, she silently played her fingers. "Aside from the fact that I felt like you were to busy doing things for yourself. You know me, Ace. I'm not that mentally strong to accept that I would have inflict pain to you just for my happiness" she almost mumbled to herself.

 

Ace sighed, "Zwei, to feel pain is part of loving. I know myself I already accepted the fact that Czarina would not love me the way I would" she held Zwei's shoulder and so Zwei looked at her. "besides I know from the start she had her eye on you"

 

Zwei looked at her confused, "What are you even saying" she asked now her body moved towards Ace's direction, might have been body language but Ace noticed it and chuckled.

 

"Czarina had a crush on you when we were in high school" knots formed on Zwei's forehead.

 

"Huh?" she said.

 

Ace chuckled, "Yeah, she had a crush on you when we were in high school" she repeated and Zwei just blinked.

 

Ace stood up, "You know how you just like someone just because and not have any reason at all? That was how it was for her. That's why there was a time where she'd accompany me when I have to meet you every end of class and that's how I found out. That's how we end up as bestfriends and yeah I didn't intend to fall for her but she's just---"

 

"Czarina Zobel, she's one and only and there's no one like her?" Zwei completed what Ace was about to say that Ace blinked at her sister until she laughed out loud.

 

She then wiped the tears on her eyes that formed from laughing too much, "Oh God, never in my life I would hear you say that. Wow" Ace said, "You're in so much trouble lil sis, you're in that deep?" she asked but its almost a question.

 

"and you're not?" it was insensitive to ask it that way but Ace is feeling light.

 

"No" she said lightly with a smile on her face.  Ace went in front of her, "I trully had no chance then hearing that from you. Maybe even if you didn't tell nor move through your feelings for her, she'd still fall more for you. I mean, yes you can hide your feelings deeply but its just hidden not vanished its still there and love language is also the body language. Someone could understand just the way you are to a person. Zwei, you are different when you're with her, your smile that hides your eyes, your hearty laughs you don't show it to anyone else but to Czarina only" Zwei stared at her sister, "Oh yeah, that also. She had told me once she like how you just stare and not talk. She likes that a lot--- oh are you blushing" Zwei just felt blood rush into her face for some reason.

 

Zwei pouted as she swatted Ace fingers poking her cheeks. "Stop it" she said and Ace stuck her tongue out at her.

 

"Sure" she said but surely there's a teasing smile on her face.

 

"can i just strangle you or something?" Zwei said.

 

Ace shrugged, "i'll tell mom"

 

"what are we? kids?" Zwei snorted.

 

"hey" Ace.

 

"what?" Zwei.

 

"Czarina's still my bestfriend, if you hurt her" she did the 'i have my eyes on you' gesture.

 

"but I'm your sister?" Zwei asked feeling betrayed but not really. HAHA.

 

"so?" Ace.

 

"I'll tell mom" Zwei.

 

"what are we? kids?" she said the same way Zwei did.

 

Zwei rolled her eyes at her and Ace winced, "Don't do that, why are you learning to roll your eyes now? Who are you? Czarina? Nah..." she said with dislike on her face. Zwei had to laugh at her sister's reaction.

 

"whatever you say" as she made a face, Zwei said.

 

Ace clicked her tongue, "Alright, i'll give you alone time now. Do your morning routines or whatever" she said as she walked away from Zwei, but as soon as she reached the door Zwei said something so she stopped.

 

"I'll let you lie for now if you feel to do so. I wasn't born yesterday and surely you know I'm smart enough to know. Importantly, I am your sister, Ace." she said and Ace bit her lips still her back facing Zwei. "But if you ever feel like telling me, just come to me and---" Ace turned around running to her, tackling her into a hug. "---yeah, I'll give you a hug"

 

"Thank you" said Zwei as she hugged her sister back. She intended to apologize but what would that do, hence she felt thankful for her sister.

 

Ace although she was sobbing managed to say, "Feels like we are kids again" she mumbled since her face was on Zwei's shoulder.

 

"Yeah, feels like my shoulder is the wet part of our blanket since you peed on it" Zwei said nonchalantly.

 

Ace raised her head, "I never peed on our blanket!!" she said obviously defending herself.

 

But Zwei still wanted to , "Yeah sure. I believe you" she said again without meaning it.

 

Ace then pushed her away with a pout on her face, she started to grumpily walk away. Zwei still followed her though. Ace then was adamant on defending herself so she started to talk on their way out but Zwei's a pain in the so until they reached their dining room where there mom was. Ace said, "Mom! I didn't pee on our blankets, right?!" she asked their mom who felt weird about the question, and so she looked at Zwei who just grinned at her. Their mom shook her head as she knew Zwei had something to do with it.

 

But then their mom said, "Let me think about it---" and acted as if she was thinking about it, "--- hmm, yeah I think you did" she said with a straight face and she kept nodding her head. Zwei then started laughing.

 

Ace on the other had was not having it, "Mom!!" she whined in annoyance.

 

Their mother then smiled and went to them. She pulled them into a hug, "You're both acting like kids again and I love it" she said in between the hug that's why Ace and Zwei looked at each other and grinned.

...

"WHY HAVEN'T YOU BROUGHT ME HERE?!" Ace exclaimed as she jokingly told Zwei to bring her at "somewhere"

 

Zwei nodded her head as an answer when Ace asked her that knowing she was joking but you know jokes are half meant.

 

Zwei continued to walk even when Ace was saying whatever. Zwei pursed her lips until she stopped moving which made Ace lose balance since she was looking at her sister telling whatever but she didn't see the stairs to Zwei's 'treehouse' and so she bumped into it. Zwei winced looking at her. Well that was a loud thud. "Yeah yeah, you were busy doing everything that you never asked me to bring you here, I mean I'll decline for sure if that was before 'Czarina and me thing'" she said as if its light.

 

Ace snorted, "You're whipped and it's annoyingly adorable" she said and then she climbed the stairs.

 

"Whatever you say" Zwei mumbled.

 

"What the , are you sure this is a treehouse?" Ace said as she reached the top.

 

Zwei simply, "Yeah? It's a house on a tree sis" and shoved Ace away who was blocking the way.

 

"You and your love for treehouse" Ace muttered.

 

"Yeah, I like being at the top" Zwei answered and both of them looked at each other surely had the same thing in mind.

 

Ace blinked, "Well... sure" she just said and walked troughout the house. "man, whoever engineered this place is a genius, can you give me the contact or something?" amazed how the place was structured.

 

"thank you for the compliment, but you already know my number" said Zwei as she passed through Ace's with a confused face.

 

She then took steps, "yeah i know you're smart but let's be real here buddy, you didn't even study engi---" something might have clicked on Ace's mind, "--- no way!"

 

Zwei shrugged, "don't ever tell dad"

 

Ace pursed her lips, "Dad has his ways, I'm sure he already knows though?" a question mark on her face was evident.

 

"Well if Dad knows and he's not throwing a fit, then Thanks!" said Zwei as she shrugged. "Forget it though, let's go to the falls"

 

Ace eye's widened, "There's a falls?"

 

"Sis, haven't you looked outside the window?"

 

"what windo--- oh my God! I'm G!"

...

 

"you really should've brought me here earlier" said Ace as she's in the water and Zwei was sitting by the water.

 

"you're not that special and I'm not into " she boringly said.

 

Ace was confused as what Zwei was talking about until she did and she cringed, she splashed water onto Zwei's face making her glasses wet. She removed it and placed it by her side.

 

"cringe" said Ace as she winced.

 

"whatever" Zwei muttered.

 

Ace came out of the water and sat beside Zwei with a little space. She played with the water with her feet by swaying them back and forth.

 

"if you have something to tell, just say it" said Zwei and Ace grinned. Surely, you cannot hide something from Zwei.

 

Ace pursed her lips, contemplating how to word it but then without looking at Zwei she spoke, "I just wished you were more an open with me. I mean, you should've told me you had liked her before I did, that way I could have prevented it" she mumbled as if she didn't want Zwei to entirely hear it from her since it seemed like she was blaming her for it.

 

"As if you can prevent the feelings you feel, lie about it maybe. That could be more plausible" Zwei replied. "But, well if you want someone to blame the feel free" she said casually.

 

"No, it's not like tha---"

 

"It should be like that" Zwei sighed and Ace looked at her. "Or maybe you could just do what's comfortable for you"

 

Ace knew Zwei would never let her beat her in an argument that's why she smiled to herself. how stubborn, she thought.

 

"I'm fine though" said Ace making it Zwei's turn to look at her and her eyes widened a bit to see Ace's facial expression. It was serene, not a hint of making it look like she was really fine, she was really fine. Ace smiled at her even and gave her a pat on the back. "I mean it, dos" dos, been a while since she called her that. Ace meant one, Zwei meant two. She was uno, and Zwei was dos.

 

, i wanna just cry. Zwei thought at that moment but she hardened her jaw instead to keep it in. Uno, Dosthose were just simple nicknames and they barely used it but they meant special for the both of them. Weren't there times that the answer to an important question is just because? that was it for those nicknames.

 

As the usual her, she just stared at her older sister who kept that smile on her face.

 

"you're unfair, Uno" she mumbled, staring at her sister who chuckled.

 

With a little knowledge of what was happening around them, little did they both know someone was advancing at them having saw a glimpse of that scene. She didn't overhear any, but felt it was a scenario she shouldn't know of.

 

She who advance forward, stop at one place and said. "keeping it in wouldn't do you any better, Uriel" she said and both of them looked at her.

 

She moved forward again, but this time it was to one person. In front of Zwei as if she knew it was her, and leveled her body to her making their eyes meet at the same level. "it's okay to be emotional sometimes, Uriel" she muttered and at the moment she heard that a tear drop from her eyes, and Czarina held her cheek and gently wiped the oncoming ones.

 

It was the first time since they were kids that Ace saw Zwei cry. At the very same time knew she had to see it. The difference between the way Czarina and Zwei could click, and between the way she and Czarina became friends. Tho, it could be seen her smiling to defeat, she smiled anyway. There she can say, her heart's at ease.

...

 

"How'd you know, which was which" Ace asked Czarina as both of them were at the living room. Zwei was asleep from crying.

 

"What?"

 

"I meant earlier, Zwei didn't have her glasses on and we're both wearing the same thing" she explained.

 

"Oh that" she chuckled since her reason can be cheesy to be heard, "you sure you wanna know the reason?" she asked.

 

Ace rolled her eyes, although there was a hint already she still want to hear it from her, "yeah, obviously" she said.

 

Czarina hummed, Ace looked at her patiently waiting for her answer.

 

"I don't know. My heart just went to that person, it chose her" she answered. Meaning, it was natural that she went to her. Finding her was easy, since her heart beats for her.

 

Ace understood her, "It was your choice then. Your heart's choice" 

 

 

 

THE END. 

 

 

 

A/N:

I know :) 

I know it's abrupt for me to end her but it's kind of fitting though? Czarina already had chosen. 

But still I know it's abrupt since i feel it too.

But I had given it a thought, should I do drama or angst but it might take a while for me to finish or maybe I might not even finish it and I don't want that. 

So, here I am ending it now. I might add drabbles or whatnots when I have time but no promises though. 

So, yeah. Thank you for reading and giving time for this fic. 

See you again in a while.

Peace!