Chapter 9

Your Choice

Ace was at Zwei’s door but then she was reluctant to knock at it as she still feels different about last night’s revelation. Ace sighed as she then decided to not bother her little sister who seemed to not want any of it anyway. She already had decided and there’s nothing you could do once a Zwei Uriel Aragon already had something set in mind. You might need a miracle to move that rock like sister of hers. Well, until now there’s none who have been successful to do so. She walked out of their room feeling defeated.

 

Zwei on the other side of the room was wide awake with her specs on and her laptop in front of her, still doing her normal routine like there was nothing to think about. Like last night was just nothing. She’s good at doing something where she can fully control what her mind can think. She basically decided to bury anything, everything at the back of her head. Well, that what she thinks. Her mood says so as she was annoyed about someone under her doing a little mistake when she rarely does get annoyed at her staff. She immediately phoned her staff and ranted about her little mistakes.

“You like this café so much” said Ace as she entered the café where she and Czarina usually meet.

 

As Ace sat across her, Czarina shrugged and took a sip of her drink. “It’s cozy and I can easily call you when I want to” she grinned.

 

Ace gave her a stink eye and Czarina pushed her the drink she already ordered before she arrived. “Maybe I should stop coming over” she said.

 

Czarina hummed, “Maybe if you’re not that all over me” she said and Ace raised her brow at her bestfriend who just shrugged at her saying, “What?”

 

Ace made a face and then she shrugged her head. “Yeah, whatever” she said and took a sip of her drink.

 

“Have you made plans for Christmas?” Czarina asked.

 

Ace titled her head but then Czarina already had the answer for her, “You haven’t even thought about it” she said then rolled her eyes at her, “God, you love working too much” she said.

 

Ace chuckled instead of defending herself, “Christmas? How about you? Do you have plans already?” she asked.

 

Czarina shrugged, “I do but it might change, depends” she said then ate a piece of the bread that was there for a while already. Crumbs stayed on the side of her lips that Ace immediately wiped.

 

Ace shook her head, “Such a messy eater ever” she said but Czarina just grinned at her. Ace looked at her watch and she decided it was almost time she had to go back. “Czar--”

 

Czarina waved her hand, “Yeah, it’s fine I’ll stay here for a while” she said then Ace just smiled at her. Ace stood up and kissed her the top of her head before heading out of the café. Czarina then brought out her phone and scrolled through twitter.

 

As Ace was walking out, she saw her sister who seemed to not notice her presence since she was looking at her phone texting aggressively and her forehead grew knots on it like she was pissed or stressed about something or whatever. Ace waited for her sister to bump into her and when she did, they looked at each other and so Zwei’s face softened, “Ace” she said but then Ace straightened the knot on her forehead.

 

“You look stressed” said Ace and tapped her shoulders. “What’s wrong?” she asked and it felt like she was the older between the two of them in a while.

 

Zwei shook her head, “Just my staff” she mumbled and sighed like the usual.

 

“Where are you headed to then?” she asked as she arranged her glasses that were kind of crooked, Zwei really was stressed then.

 

“To the café” she said and Ace nodded.

 

Ace put her hands on the pocket of her formal jeans, “Czarina’s inside, care to give her company?” said Ace.

 

Zwei stared at her, “Okay” she answered.

 

Ace was kind of shocked since she thought she’d have to convince her more than that, but then she chuckled for a bit. Oh well, she’d never understand her that well even though they’re twins. “Hey, can I tell you something?” she asked. Zwei nodded her head. “I’m letting you do what you want, but I’ll be doing what I want also. Remember Zwei, I’m the older between the two of us and sometimes even though I know you’re much more than me, I should act like how should I act. I love you, but you’re really a pain in the when you’re set onto something. So what I’m telling, do what you really want to do, and I’ll do what I’d have to do. I’m not a sore loser Zwei, but if I am then I’d gladly accept” she told her in a very calm tone but in a very serious manner.

 

Zwei on the other hand just stared at her like she’d saw a ghost or something. Might have been the first time Ace voiced out something like this to her. Other than the time where she asked her to not intervene on her business there was none. It was like Ace had always acted like if Zwei had already set something in mind, she’d already have no choice but act in accordance. Her thought vanished as she felt a tap on her shoulder. “See you in a bit then” said Ace and she walked away.

 

Before Ace could completely walk away, Zwei said something in a joking manner, “Or maybe not” making Ace scoff as she chuckled and waved her hand before she continued walking.

 

Zwei looked then inside the café where Czarina was seated. She was easy to be spotted since she was by the window and Zwei raised her brow as she looked at Czarina looking like a mess as she tried to eat the bread while looking at her phone. Zwei then shook her head as she decided to go inside of the café now. She immediately sat in front of Czarina making the other shocked and shocked more as she wiped the cream on her face using her finger. Czarina then raised her head and then Zwei winked at her. Czarina raised one side of her lips and rolled her eyes at the person in front of her. “You’re welcome” said Zwei and now was sitting in front of her.

 

Czarina crossed her arms, “What can I do for you?” she asked Zwei who is looking neutral as ever.

 

“What? Is it bad to sit with you now?” Zwei asked innocently.

 

“No?” Czarina said unsure. Zwei chuckled then. “I thought Ace was being clingy again that she came back” said Czarina.

 

Zwei pursed her lips, “I’m here in front of you and you’re talking about Ace. How nice.” she asked that kind of made Czarina look at her like she’d said something she shouldn’t have.

 

“Huh?” said Czarina, acting different from her usual character. Czarina ain’t snarky today.

 

Zwei wrinkled her nose, amused at how Czarina looked. “Gotchu” she then said. Czarina again rolled her eyes. “Have you taken a liking to me miss?” Zwei suddenly asked again, making Czarina’s recovery from her previous statement blow, and how can she even answer well when she’d distracted at how frequent Zwei would show her smile at her which she doesn’t do that often when she’s just in public. She’d be dubbed as living Buddha if people would have the guts to call her that though.

 

Czarina cleared . She’s not like this she told herself. Now, she’s being defensive leaning in which did a slight reaction from Zwei. She saw her gulp that’s why she grinned at her. “And what if I do?” she asked.

 

Now it’s Zwei that’s on the defensive side. She titled her head and held it as she tried to look elsewhere until all of a sudden she suddenly looked back and leaned in making a small distance between them. She then whispered, “That would be bad for my mental health” she said and Czarina froze, she then slightly slapped Czarina’s forehead making Czarina glare at her as she leaned back chuckling.

 

“What does that even mean” asked Czarina as she held her forehead.

 

Zwei shrugged, “It’s up to you how you want it to mean” she then said. Well, that statement can be bad and good at the same time and it’s up to Czarina to decide what it meant.

 

Czarina was about to talk but then Zwei brought out her phone and made a call. Zwei put her index finger on her lips as she looked at Czarina and stood up. Might be important, Czarina thought and maybe after a full minute or so, Zwei came back looking at her phone again and then back to the girl in front of her.

 

“Are you busy today?” she suddenly asked Czarina.

 

Czarina raised her brow at her, “No, and you’re the one who’s busy?” she said and then she posed, “Why? Are you asking me out?” she asked.

 

Zwei chuckled, “Fine, whatever makes you happy thinking” she said shaking her head. “Let’s go?” she then asked.

 

Czarina was actually joking and so she just blinked as response. She didn’t really expect that they’re really going somewhere. “What?” she asked dumbfounded.

 

Zwei looked at her innocently like a little pup. “What?” she asked back. “You don’t like?” she asked.

 

“I DO!” said Czarina in a very loud voice that made Zwei blinking this time.

 

Czarina cleared , “I’m sorry, I suddenly felt pressured that’s why” she said then tucked her hair on her ear.

 

Zwei on the other hand burst out laughing. Little did she know, she had some of her staff in that café looking all shocked at what they were looking at. Their boss laughing like there’s no tomorrow. Czarina slapped her shoulder for that reason but still she can’t help but laugh.

 

“Fine, sorry” said Zwei as she cleared and arranged her crooked glasses.

 

Czarina rolled her eyes, “God” she murmured.

Zwei watched as Czarina opened the window at her side and let out her hand as she felt the soft breeze of the wind. A small smile on her face blossomed and was gone as soon as it happened as she looked back at the road. Czarina on the other hand was content at what she was doing. She then brought it back as she closed her eyes for a second, but then she didn’t open them as soon as she needed them to be making her fall asleep by the music Zwei suddenly played. The drive must be a long drive.

 

As she saw Czarina fall asleep, she then hummed the song that was playing until she herself sang it at a very soft voice. Zwei can sing, she could dance a little, she could play lots of instruments on her own and a lot more that people would find impressive but those things are hidden from the world since she’s not the type of person to show those off nor does want her life to be an open book to everyone else.

 

She then drove in silence as she looked at the girl beside her thinking about the actions she’s made today and the actions she’ll probably do a lot later. She bit her tongue as she knew how much it’s harder to do what she wanted to do when there’s a lot to consider but then again, there’s no boundaries at how much stubborn she is when there’s a thing she want to do, and what she’s set to do.

 

After a long drive, she stopped the car and waited for a little bit more before she tried to wake Czarina who seemed to be already waking up without her intervention. She might probably felt the car not moving anymore that’s why.

 

She opened her eyes and solemnly looked at Zwei. Zwei on the other hand looked back at her with her eyes looking like usual. Czarina shifted as to nobody knows what reason she had, but reached her hand out at Zwei, which almost made Zwei a stone but then Czarina’s hands went to her glasses. She was fixing it as Zwei was just looking her do it. At that very moment, she wanted to do one thing but then she gripped hard on the steering wheel just to keep it to herself.

 

Czarina with her soft voice because she just woke up said, “Now that’s fine” and tapped Zwei’s cheeks. Czarina then moved out of the car as Zwei stayed inside as she breathed out as she knew air was trapped inside her lungs at that moment.

 

“Ah, ” she murmured to herself as then she decided to move out also.

“So where are we going, Ms. Mysterious person?” she then said with a cheeky grin.

 

Zwei on the other hand, made a face. “Just follow me miss”

“Do you love falls that much? I mean water?” asked Czarina as she looked around another falls aside from the one they’ve been.

 

Zwei shrugged as she took a sit by the side. “It’s peaceful, don’t you think?” she asked as she eyed the lady who was about to sit beside her. Czarina nodded in response.

 

“So?” said Czarina as she looked at her.

 

“What?” Zwei asked.

 

“Why here?” Czarina asked eyeing the scene.

 

Zwei looked around also, “I don’t know, these are the place I know that other people might like without any prejudice” she replied and looked back at her.

 

Czarina hummed, “Tell me about yourself” she suddenly said.

 

Zwei kept mum as she picked some pebble beside her and threw it on the water. “There’s not much to tell” she replied.

 

Czarina beamed, “Come on, just tell anything” she persisted.

 

And so, Zwei entered into a deep thought and Czarina noticed and chuckled, “You don’t have to think that hard” said Czarina but then Zwei already was in deep thought she didn’t notice Czarina was teasing her.

 

She then made a face then looked back at Czarina, “Did you know I’m a double major?” asked Zwei, well of course Czarina wouldn’t have known.

 

Czarina’s forehead creased. “I thought you only studied Business?” she asked.

 

Again Zwei threw some rock in the water. “You’re the only one who knows now” she said and slightly smiled at her.

 

“What do you mean?” Czarina asked confused.

 

Zwei chuckled as if it’s her biggest achievement, “I took it secretly, Riley doesn’t know either” she said.

 

Czarina’s jaw dropped. “You’re so sneaky”

 

“No I’m just secretive. I studied  Business and Engineering by the way” she informed more so that Czarina’s shocked again.

 

“My head hurts just by thinking, how toxic could that have been?” she asked gripping her head like she’s really feeling her head hurt.

 

Zwei feeling boastful at the moment and so she shrugged, “I don’t know, I was smart enough I guess” she said but then Czarina rolled her eyes at her. Without warning, Czarina splashed some water on Zwei’s face. Zwei then closed her eyes as she removed her glasses that became wet.

 

She then opened them, and looked at Czarina with her usual expression. Czarina knew by then she was in trouble that’s why she shook her head and she stood up to run away from Zwei. “No, stop what you’re thinking” said Czarina who was about to run away from her.

 

But then Zwei started to stand up and Czarina was still shaking her head. Czarina then started to run when Zwei dashed from her spot. Oh by the way, Zwei’s pretty athletic too, kidding, just when she wants to. Czarina let out a shriek when Zwei caught her by the waist and with that exact time Zwei jumped into the water with her.

 

“ZWEI!” she shouted again as they went up the surface water. Zwei was laughing as Czarina continuously smacked the hell out of Zwei’s shoulder. By the way, Zwei was still holding on to her waist. “You’re crazy!” she said again but Zwei’s busy controlling her laugh. Zwei didn’t even realize how near they were from each other. Not until she did.

 

When she did, she slowly stopped laughing and she slowly gulped as her eyes went onto Czarina’s lips. She stared onto it too much that before she could even realize what she was doing. There weren’t any distance from them anymore. It was Czarina who closed the distance off. Zwei closed her eyes as she then started to move her lips which were on Czarina’s. Neither of them felt like stopping at any moment now. Zwei pulled Czarina closer which caused Czarina to moan from the contact. Czarina removed Zwei’s glasses as it was becoming a nuisance. How much restraint did Zwei even have to do be doing this like there’s no more tomorrow. The only time that they felt it was enough was when they need air. Both were gasping for air as they separated.

 

They looked into each other for a moment. And for some stupid reason, Zwei told the words, “You kissed me first”

 

It didn’t matter for Czarina, “You wanted to kiss me first” she said, and Zwei raised her brow at her. “You’re not denying” said Czarina.

 

Zwei leaned in again and gave her a peck as if she had too much courage at that time. “Sure” she said and grinned. Czarina was busy containing her smile when Zwei spoke again. “Let’s go home” and she looked at Czarina’s stare. “I don’t know what I’d do more at our state” she whispered making it more sensual.

 

Czarina’s jaw dropped, “ZWEI!” and also it came with a slap on the shoulder.

 

 

 

 

for some reason, I'd wanted to finish this chapter earlier than I intented to for the reason that I already had the idea on how to write. 

Anyways, as usual still am busy with review 

PEACE!