Chapter 5

Your Choice

Both were silent still as they were walking to where they are destined. Zwei stopped on her tracks and so did Czarina who looked at her. Zwei looked at her then and asked, “Are afraid of heights or are you bad at climbing?” she asked.

 

Although confused at the sudden question, “Well, I can as long as there’s a ladder” she answered brows meeting each other.

 

“Okay, you’re fine then. We’re here” she then said as they reached the rather extravagant tree house than the normal ones. They were still surrounded by trees. That’s why the place where Zwei normally relaxes isn’t yet seen.

 

Czarina’s eyes were on Zwei the whole time they were walking and so she didn’t know they already were there. Zwei pointed the tree in front of them which was followed by Czarina’s eyes. “O-okayy” she then replied as it was not what she expected.

 

Zwei chuckled, “I’m a nature person you see” she said then she initiated her to climb, “You said you’re fine as long as there’s a ladder right?” she told her and Czarina nodded. She then let Czarina climb first as she mindfully looked after her and then when Czarina already was up the tree, she then followed. She came to Czarina who was gaping as she was looking outside. She already had seen the scenery that Zwei liked very much. She stood beside her, “Beautiful right?” she asked and Czarina senselessly nodded her head.

 

Zwei left her still being mesmerized at the view as she prepared hot drinks for the both of them. The rain kind of continued to pour harder considering how it poured little already earlier. Zwei pressed the hot cup on her cheeks slightly to get her attention. Czarina looked at her with a stink eye, “You don’t really pass chances to play around, do you?” she told Zwei as she reached for the cup.

 

Zwei shrugged, “Do I?” she said as she wiggled her brows at Czarina which made the other roll her eyes.  

 

Czarina kind of scoffed at her, “You’re much actually different than Ace” she then said as she sipped her hot chocolate.

 

Zwei looked outside as she sipped hers, “I’m more the fun person, I know” she said and looked back at Czarina with her neutral expression this time but then she grinned.

 

“Yeah right” Czarina replied with full sarcasm.

 

Zwei chuckled. “You know what, you’re the very first person besides me who had gone here” she told Czarina.

 

Czarina tilted her head, “Really?” she asked and Zwei slightly nodded her head, “Why?” she narrowed her eyes at her and suddenly she grinned, “Don’t tell me”

 

“What?” said Zwei.

 

Czarina crossed her arms, “ Perhaps do you like me? Zwei Uriel Aragon?” she asked.

 

Zwei still had her neutral face going on, she set aside her cup. It was actually stupid for Czarina to come up with that kind of conclusion just because she was the first one who Zwei brought to her secret place, but then Czarina wasn’t really reeling for an answer but an unexpected reaction from Zwei. She wanted to atleast grab a chance to tease Zwei. But, it’s Zwei we’re talking about. She’s not really that predictable, she can turn tables just a second you could.

 

“And what If I do?” Zwei replied, and that was not Czarina expected to hear. She was left dumbfounded by her answer that once again, it was earlier all over again. She could not find the right words to pull a comeback until Zwei slightly smiled at her. “I was just joking, sis-in-law” she then said.

 

Czarina breathed deeply as she sipped from her cup, feeling relief and not annoyed when Zwei told her she was just joking. She’s relieved because she wouldn’t have known how to act around her if that was the case and Zwei consistently calling her sis-in-law was an indication that Zwei liking her wouldn’t possibly a case to happen. Czarina slightly slapped her shoulder in return.

 

“You’re so annoying” she told Zwei.

 

“In which I’ll continue to do” Zwei replied as she winked at her.

 

Czarina then scoffed, “Well, thank you” she told her.

 

The wall clock snatched Zwei’s attention, “It’s already 3, and time did pass too fast. Didn’t it?”

 

Czarina looked at it too, “right and it’s still raining” she said as she looked outside.

 

Zwei removed her eyeglasses, and massaged the bridge of her nose. Czarina looked at her as she cleaned her eyeglasses as she can’t see from the steam that formed from it. Zwei then looked at Czarina who was watching her, “What?” she then asked feeling conscious but she made it not obvious.

 

Czarina shook her head, “It’s nothing, and it’s just that when you removed your glasses I felt really familiar. You felt like Ace but not really, you know what I mean?” she then said.

 

Zwei finished wiping her glasses and she put it back on, “You shouldn’t have trouble knowing who’s who” she said. “Do you know how to distinguish better?” she then asked Czarina.

 

Czarina raised her brow, “What?”

 

Zwei then scrunched her nose, “I’m the better looking one” Czarina rolled her eyes at her answer. She really thought it would be a sensible answer.

 

Czarina then remained silent after that, she was kind of thinking of something. She kept silent until she felt like she needed to tell it. “You know what?—”

 

“No, I don’t know yet” Zwei cut her and so she received a smack which she evaded easily.

 

 “Stop being a smart- and listen, will you” Czarina told her and so she smiled.

 

“Alright, Ms. Zobel” she replied.

 

Czarina sighed, “As I was saying--- God, You spoiled the moment” she said as she run her fingers through her hair.

 

Zwei chuckled, “Then tell it to me once you feel like telling it again, I promise not to ruin the moment again” she then said as she walked towards one of the rooms of the tree house. “How about you rest for a while, we’ll go home once you feel rested. I know talking with me feels exhausting as hell” she easily mocked herself like it’s nothing.

 

Czarina then couldn’t help but chuckle and follow her. She concluded she’ll never understand Zwei Uriel Aragon. They might have hung out this recently but she feels like someone she’d known her whole life already.

 

“Okay, I’ll be taking that” Zwei said as she reached for the cup Czarina was holding. Czarina then pursed her lips as she let her take it from her and as Zwei slightly pushed her inside of the room.

 

Czarina already had sat on the bed as she looked back at Zwei who was at the door, “and what will you be doing?” she asked.

 

Zwei then looked like she was thinking but then she shrugged, “I’ll figure it out, eventually” she then said. As Czarina nodded her head, it was then that Zwei told her to take a rest and as soon as she was told, she immediately felt like she wanted to sleep and so she did.

 

Zwei remained by the door until Czarina dozed off, she then closed the door of her room and she eventually sat on the chairs by the window but then she stood up again as she picked up the guitar just a meter away from her and went back to seat by the window. She then started to strum her guitar to a certain song. It was Let her Go by Passenger. She just felt like she wanted to play that song and she didn’t meant anything from it. Well, that was what she believes. That it’s nothing but one plain song she stumbled on and eventually liked. After that one song she then decided to go to her healing place, the falls.

It was already past seven and Czarina just woke up and she stood up and immediately looked for Zwei around the house but she was nowhere to be found. She then decided to climb down and follow the path through the trees. As she followed the path, she then stumbled to the place she was just mesmerized earlier. She was just silently looking at it and she didn’t even notice that Zwei was swimming around the falls as it was just the moon that was providing them light. Zwei then just swam around one place as she then stared at Czarina who looked like a spotlight was on her as the moonlight shined on her. Czarina was still looking around until she felt like someone was looking at her.

 

She almost slipped when she saw Zwei, Zwei was alarmed but then Czarina regained her balance. “Why didn’t you even speak?!” she asked as she felt shocked.

 

“You told me you like me better when I don’t talk” she answered being an smart- she is. She was then about to go near Czarina when she was halted by Czarina’s question.

 

”Wait! Do you have clothes on?” she asked which kind of confused Zwei but then she let out a chuckle when she understood where she was coming from.

 

“Of course, I do!” she then said but then she stayed at that one place and titled her head which then alarmed Czarina, you know she’s about to say something you’ll get embarrassed when she does that. “Or are you telling me, you’re into skinny dipping?” she then said that Czarina might have expected.

 

“What?! No!” she immediately answered.

 

“It’s my turn to ask then” she said that made Czarina again a little nervous, “Do I go there” she pointed at her, “Or would you want to come here with me?” she offered.

 

Czarina might have trailed in her thought as she took her time to answer. She felt like both were a risky choice but then, why would be any of it risky. When Zwei was about to come out of the water, Czarina already removed her top revealing her sports bra, fortunately. Also, fortunately Czarina didn’t see how baffled Zwei was when she removed her top and until she removed her bottom showing her cycling shorts.

 

Zwei cleared as she watched Czarina completely remove her bottom wear, she then joked, “Did you perhaps predict that we’ll be swimming or what?” she asked as it looked like Czarina got ready for it, Czarina rolled her eyes at her as she swam over the falls.

 

Before Czarina could go over where Zwei was she suddenly signaled her to stop, “I have a confession to make” she told Czarina who halted on her place. She patiently waited for Zwei to speak until she saw how Zwei scratched her head, “I don’t exactly have clothes on” she said which kind of made Czarina deaf for a moment.

 

As she processed what Zwei said and followed Zwei’s lips pointing at her clothes by the falls, she exclaimed, “OH MY GOD!” completely out of sync with her brain.

 

Zwei didn’t actually know how to respond to that but go to her but then that was a wrong move, as Czarina once again shouted telling her to stop moving. “Just so you know, the water’s dark and it’s basically dark where I am, you’re not going to see anything but if you want to be sure then continue to close your eyes and I’ll momentarily go to where my clothes are so I can wear them” Zwei calmly said that’s why Czarina slowly opened her eyes and looked at Zwei who was waiting for her to decide.

 

She then slightly nodded her head and closed her eyes which was a go signal for Zwei who then immediately went to wear her t-shirt on and a cycling short, and as she was putting them on she joked, “You know you should just open your eyes, seeing me is an honor Ms. Zobel” she teased.

 

“Oh, Shut up and put your clothes on!” she told her raving.

 

She then heard her chuckle, “You can now open your eyes” she told Czarina who was still kind of reluctant and so she jumped right where she was and shocked the hell out of her mind, but then her eyes were still closed. She gasped when she felt Zwei’s hands over her shoulder, pertaining she was in front of her.

 

“You better be clothed or I’ll punch you in the face, Uriel” she told her but Czarina heard no response from Zwei which was the normal her and so she slowly opened her eyes.

 

Zwei chuckled as she helped her relax her body which was so tensed at that moment, “You should stop with the threats” she told her calmly, and as she heard her voice and as she stared at Zwei’s bare being, Czarina kind of felt relaxed. Zwei was sporting her normal neutral face as she then let go of Czarina’s shoulder. She then raised her hands in front of her like she’s surrendering and said motioned pertaining she already had clothes on. “I’m the one into skinny dipping by the way” she then corrected as she teased Czarina earlier that she was into skinny dipping. This time then she had her teasing smile on her face which then caused Czarina to smack her head in response. With a frown on her face, Zwei held her head as she stared at Czarina and she was about to whine but she held back herself from doing so. Czarina then just rolled her eyes at her which eventually made her chuckle and swim away from her.

 

“You smack hard, don’t you?” she told her as she already got up on the surface.

 

“Serves you right” Czarina replied as she swam around the water now feeling kind of accomplished at what she just did.

 

Zwei then just shook her head as she watched the other lady enjoy the water. She already had put on her glasses to take a better look at the view. She then held onto her knees as she silently had Czarina have her peace.

Both were already on the surface as Czarina felt she had her fill already. She sat beside Zwei who had her eyes closed.

 

“You tired? Now that I’ve thought of it, you didn’t sleep earlier right?” she asked her.

 

Zwei looked at her as she opened her eyes and said, “I was just feeling the wind” she then said and all of a sudden a sudden breeze came that made Czarina hug her body as she felt cold. Zwei noticed and so she stood up and went to where her clothes were earlier, she picked up her hoodie and then came back to where they were earlier, she offered it Czarina who was only looking at her, “Come on, I don’t just let anyone wear my hoodies” she told her and then acted like as if the hoodie was the heaviest things ever.

 

Czarina then reluctantly reached it from her, “It’s going to get wet” she said. Zwei looked at her with an expression yes obviously it will and so she wore it then. “Even if it’s Ace?” she asked.

 

“Ace?” she asked as she wasn’t following.

 

“You said you just don’t let anyone wear you hoodies” she said.

 

Zwei then pursed her lips, “Definitely not Ace” she said as if she’d never let her sister wear her clothes.

 

“Why?” Czarina asked.

 

Zwei hummed, “I’m hoodies, she’s suits” she summarily said, simply. “We don’t want to confuse people, do we?” she continued to tell.

 

“What about formal events? Don’t tell me you still wear your hoodies?” Czarina curiously asked.

 

Zwei showed her a bored face, “Have you ever seen me at formal events?” she said pertaining at formal parties that her dad had hosted.

 

Now that Czarina had given a thought. She never had seen Zwei anywhere when they attend formal events. She was always with Ace so maybe her eyes might have just passes Zwei but it’s impossible not to see her. Czarina then just nodded her head, and then both were silent and which suddenly Czarina looked baffled.

 

Zwei noticed it, “And I assume you’re acting like that since you haven’t told your parents you’re staying away from home tonight? Don’t worry I already told them” she said she looked at her, well on one would know how on earth she guessed what the other girl was thinking.

 

Czarina sighed in relief as she heard that. Zwei chuckled, “What are you? A kid, do you still need permission from your parents?” she asked.

 

“No, I just got used to telling them everything” she then clarified, Zwei nodded in response. She then stood up and so Czarina’s eyes followed her.

 

Zwei offered her hand, “Let’s go, it might get colder here if we stay further, and you might get sick and I can’t have that since I promised your parents I’ll be taking care of you” she told her and so Czarina accepted her hand and she was helped to stand up.

 

Both stood side by side as Czarina then felt more curious of the younger Aragon. They walked as Czarina continued to ask the basic questions you’d have yourself ask the other person. She really was taking the chance to know more about Zwei, and Zwei had answered everything she had asked.

 

As they reached the tree house, Czarina said one thing. “You know what, we should have met each other earlier” Zwei just stared at her in response, as she just watched Czarina get inside the room she was in earlier. “I’m using the bathroom” Czarina said, and she silently nodded.

 

As Czarina closed the door, “Right, I should’ve introduced myself earlier” she muttered to herself before entering the other room and hovered over the bed as she closed her eyes and drifted to dreamland.

They left as soon as Czarina finished doing her things. Zwei already had dropped off Czarina to their home and she was supposed to eat with them but she declined as she got reports to do that she did forgo at Saturday. As soon as she arrived home, she was met by her sister who was silently siting at the living room. She didn’t pay attention at her sister as she already wanted to get going but Ace spoke.

 

She closed the book she was holding, “I heard you took Czarina ‘somewhere’” she said looking at her.

 

Zwei looked back at her, “Yeah, why?” she asked.

 

Ace pursed her lips. She said, “overnight” under her breath that Zwei didn’t hear. “Zwei” she called for her sister’s name. Zwei looked at her waiting for what her sister would tell her.

 

Ace looked at her in the eye, “I can trust you right?” she then asked that wasn’t pleasant to hear for Zwei. Annoyance was obviously pasted at her face as she didn’t talk.

 

“I don’t know what the question about but yeah of course” Zwei answered as she hardened her jaw. She didn’t then given any more attention her sister as she continually walked to her room.

 

As she arrived at her room, she let go of the bags she had for the trip. She closed her eyes as she didn’t really like how Ace sounded earlier, but she knows herself she’s annoyed at that but for the fact that she herself was unsure.

 

 

:)

peace!