Chapter 7

Your Choice

Ace was busy with her work when Zwei waltzed inside her office. Ace looked up as Zwei sat in front of her. “What?” she asked as Zwei was just staring at her.

 

Zwei scoffed, “Flowers? Really?” she said with dissatisfaction show on her face.

 

Ace titled her head and stopped what she was doing, “What?” she said as she looked back at her sister.

 

Zwei lifted one side of her lips, “So cliché, you could’ve done better sis” she said as she kind of taunted Ace. “You could have invited her somewhere, take her out” she suggested.

 

Ace lifted the papers in front of her. “Look sis, do I look like I have time? Yes? No?” she paused, “Obviously, No.” she said then re doing her work.

 

Zwei shook her head as she continuously clicked her tongue. “Man, you sure do love working. Don’t you? You could take some rest you know?” she suggested but Ace chuckled instead. “Just promise, no more flowers when you take your move okay?” she suggested. This is Zwei lowkey looking out for the both of them.

 

Ace gave her a stink eye and waved her hand, “Fine fine, no more flowers.” Zwei then brought out her pinky finger to Ace that made Ace look up to her. There were no broken promises between the two of them. Zwei’s always the one who insists on this kind of thing. On those times, you’ll feel Zwei’s younger vibe that Ace cannot deny. Ace chuckled as she also brought up her pink finger and Zwei grinned at her at they sealed it.

 

“I’ll be watching you” Zwei said and gestured the gesture for the phrase.

 

“Oh, I should be nervous then.” Ace chuckled. “Now go, you little dork. I have still a lot to do.” She told Zwei who just shrugged at her. Zwei then stood up but then she thought of something before looking back at her sister.

 

“Ace” she muttered and so Ace looked up to her waiting for her to tell what she was going to tell. Zwei timidly smiled at her. “I’m sorry” she apologized to her sister.

 

Ace looking all confused with her brows meeting, “For what?”

 

“For being the bad sister” Zwei said this because she’s one of the reasons why Ace is always busy the she almost had time for herself. Zwei had forgone a lot of responsibilities that should’ve been hers but Ace was the one who kept on catching all of them being the older between the two of them.

 

Ace smiled at her as she understood Zwei had just said, “It’s fine, I like working so you slacking off” she paused, “Well you’re not really slacking off, but anyways that’s not the point. I’m fine Zwei, I like working, I like being busy and so you’ve given me some benefit actually” Ace reassured Zwei.

 

Zwei then nodded her head as she gave her sister one last smile before taking her steps away. Zwei sighed as she was out of her office. It wasn’t the only thing she was apologizing for, but for the other things she might do unintentionally in the near future. She knew herself she’d do more of the things she’d done already, and maybe, just maybe it’ll be her that’ll hurt her sister the most and it’s going to be because of 12902.

 

She already had passed her dad’s office but then she decided to knock but then she was told she should just get in by her dad’s secretary. She sighed as she went inside. Her dad looked up to her not expecting her to come by. “Zwei?” he asked.

 

“I know, I’m an unfamiliar face in the office but I was just passing by” she said as she stood in front of her father.

 

“You can sit, you know?” her father suggested.

 

She gave a pass on her dad’s offer, “It’s fine dad, I like looking down on you” she said in a neutral face but then her dad laughed as if it’s the funniest thing he’s heard in the world.

 

Her dad stopped laughing and crossed her fingers as her looked at her daughter who seriously was looking down on him. “Now tell me what you’ve come here for. You’re not the type of person to just pass by, Zwei” he said crossing his fingers and waiting for her daughter to speak up.

 

Zwei smiled at her dad at how instinctive he was. “What made you sure I was going to accept your deal dad? You looked so sure that time?” she asked.

 

Her dad leaned on his back as he stared back at her daughter who was waiting for his answer. He hummed, “Let’s just say I know you a lot better than you know I do” he answered. Zwei sighed at her dad’s answer. He never gives on point answers but gives you vague ones you have to find out yourself.

 

Zwei nodded her head at her dad, “That’s all dad. I should go then” she told her father who nodded at her. She then turned her back at him.

As soon as Zwei arrived at their home, she went ahead to sleep as she felt so exhausted when the day’s not even done yet. Also, she has a lot of work to look at but then she’s Zwei and work is not something she’d favor over sleep. As soon as she closed her eyes, she already dozed off.

 

She was at the park as she was waiting for her older sister to finish some school duties. Hers was already done and she was just waiting for her as their dad told her that she should inform Ace that they’re going to have a family dinner. She kicked the pebble in front of her as she was getting bored of waiting, until she paused as she saw little circles were forming on the ground, she raised her and so she felt droplets drop on her glasses.

 

She sighed as she opened her bag to get the umbrella from her bag, as she was supposed to open it. She saw someone ran by the waiting shed. She arranged her glasses to have a proper look at that person. Apparently it was someone familiar to her. She looked at her umbrella and then took steps to the waiting shed. The person was busy brushing off the water from her uniform.

 

It was really the same person who she lent her umbrella a few years ago. Czarina Zobel, she said in her mind as she looked at her small name tag that was on her uniform. “Uhm” she murmured first and so Czarina looked at her and at her back and to Zwei again.

 

Czarina pointed at herself asking if she was the one she was talking to. Zwei really wanted to be silly that time and say ‘yes, do you see anybody else?’ but she kept it to herself and nodded instead. She then offered her umbrella to the person who then just started at her like how she did before. She then said, “You can borrow my umbrella, if you want” she said.

 

Czarina seemed confused as someone she doesn’t know is lending her umbrella to her. Zwei then retracted her hand as it seemed Czarina wasn’t planning to but then Czarina spoke, “Wait” she said and so Zwei stopped midway and then looked at her. Czarina still seeming reluctant but then it was Zwei who held her wrist and had her grab on the umbrella.

 

Again Czarina stared at her and Zwei looked at her with her neutral face. “It’s fine, I still have an extra” she said and showed her other one and put it back again inside her bag. Czarina then nodded her head. “If you’re in a hurry I suggest you go now” she said then pointed at the rain, “The rain’s pouring harder, and I think you like getting drenched” she told her.

 

Czarina then looked at the rain and she groaned. She didn’t really want to bother someone but then it was her fault she forgot her umbrella. With an unknown expression she looked at Zwei, “Thank you!” she said and then as soon as Zwei nodded her head, she dashed into the rain with Zwei’s umbrella.

 

A minute after that Ace arrived. Ace tapped her shoulder, “Let’s go?” she said and Zwei opened her umbrella. Well, it was Ace’s to be exact. “Where’s mine?” Ace asked but then Zwei told her. “Let’s just share, I forgot you told me to get you one” she said and so Ace just agreed.

 

Zwei opened her eyes as she felt like someone was lurking her room. She sat on her bed when she found out it was her bestfriend. “Riley” she called her.

 

Riley then looked at her, “Oh you’re awake” she said and threw something on Zwei’s face. Zwei groaned because of that but then she picked it up.

 

It was some bottle of something but she can’t see well since she wasn’t wearing her glasses and since she just woke up. “What’s this?” she asked.

 

“That’s a bottle of medicine. You can add that to your collection of medicine you have in your car” she said casually. Zwei massaged the part where Riley threw the battle and then she wore her glasses.

 

“Yeah well, thanks” Zwei replied as she put it aside on her nightstand. “Why are you here again?” she asked.

 

Riley shrugged, “Nothing important, I’m just here to be part of your day” she said and then grinned. Zwei rolled her eyes at her. “Let’s go to your tree house” she then said as if she was in a hurry.

 

Zwei then just casually nodded her head as it was something they always do. They like it there. She just told Riley she’d just tidy herself up and then they’ll go.

“What did you do here” said Riley as the tree house was kind of messy when they had gone up. Not really that messy but there were some papers around.

 

Zwei then picked up some documents, “I forgot to clean, I was here yesterday. Just help me!” she replied and so Riley picked up some.

 

As they were bickering about something Riley suddenly told Zwei someone spoke who was on the entrance. “This was a lot different from the one we were at then” Zwei paused and so Riley did.

 

Zwei and Riley looked up to see who it was just to find out it was Czarina. “Czarina?” said Zwei and so Riley looked at her. It was Czarina Zobel who she was looking forward on meeting. Riley then dropped the documents she holding and went to Czarina.

 

Riley shook Czarina’s hands as if they knew each other, “I’m Riley, Zwei’s bestfriend” she said all smiles like some old creep.

 

Zwei just rolled her eyes and smacked Riley’s back, “You could’ve invited her in first, you’re looking like an old creep right now” she told Riley who glared at her. Czarina then chuckled at the scene even though she was still shocked at what Riley said.

 

Riley was then found murmuring something as Zwei kept on shaking her head. “Come in” said Zwei and so Czarina did and Zwei followed her. “On what occasion are you here by the way? And have you rested already?” she asked and Riley was silently watching them.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. It was mild so I just had enough rest and I’m here since Ace invited me to dinner. She told me I can’t say no” and then Czarina shrugged. “And I think I got early, and so I asked your mom where you were and she told me I can find you here” and then she looked around and back to Zwei, “This is a lot more simple than the one I saw at Saturday” she then said.

 

Zwei went and offered her a sit and a drink, “Yeah, I kept this one simple. It’s just for hangout here so” and then she shrugged.

 

Riley then looked at them with confusion, “If I may ask, where did this person bring you?” asked Riley pointing at Zwei.

 

Czarina didn’t really know what to call it and so she looked at Zwei, “What do you call that place again?” she said.

 

Zwei didn’t really want to tell but then Czarina was waiting for her answer, “Somewhere” she answered and then as she expected.

 

“Somewhere? ---” Riley paused and then exclaimed, “Oh there?! You brought her there?!” Riley’s face showed betrayal on her face but then she suddenly smirked at Zwei. Zwei’s eyebrows met at the sight of her bestfriend’s expression. Riley then turned to Czarina and said, “Are you perhaps willing to ditch this person and take your time with me. I promise to tell you everything about that person” she said pertaining as if Zwei was somebody not listening to their conversation.

 

Zwei rolled her eyes, “Oh, shut up. Hey---” as she was about to call for Czarina, she was cut by her.

 

“Sure” Czarina replied casually as if it was what she wanted all along.

 

Riley grinned and winked at her, “Good choice!” she said then told Czarina to follow her at the corner. Zwei was then found staring at them feeling out of place. She wasn’t really expecting them to meet, nor will she make them meet. Riley is a big ball of energy she can barely handle herself but what if Czarina who she had been teasing all along would team up with her. Man, she’s feeling tired already. She then just scratched her head as she continued to pick up all of the remaining documents on the floor and put them aside. She decided to seat somewhere else as she stared at those two people who were busy talking as if they were already friend for a long time.

 

“—I met her abroad actually. She was famous for her not changing facial expressions. You know what there was one time someone was hitting on her but then she just stared at her until that person left on her own” and then Riley paused and shook her head, “Oh, I really felt sorry for that person” she said had a mellow expression on her face. Zwei then just decided to pick up something to do, if they decided not to include, might as well do something she told herself.

 

“She never changed then” Zwei heard Czarina tell but then Riley shook her head.

 

“Nuh-uh. She got a lot better now, she was real nasty then. She wouldn’t talk to anyone” said Riley and Zwei grimaced hearing that, surely she was an before.

 

“Really? Then how did you become bestfriends with her?” asked Czarina.

 

Riley pursed her lips, “Oh that, nothing special. I just kept on talking to her until she spoke to me. Although, she would almost not pay attention to at first but then I think she just gradually accepted the fact that I was there” she said casually and shrugged. Zwei paid attention until there as she her eyes were already feeling heavy. Does she like sleep that much? Nope. She just falls asleep if she feels bored.

 

 

Her eyes started to open up as she Czarina’s hearty laugh. She wanted to curse because she knew for the fact that Riley might be telling her some embarrassing thing she did.  

 

Now this time as she looked at them, Czarina looked back at her. “Did you really fell into a manhole because you wanted to ignore Riley and kept walking?” she asked. Zwei face palmed and shot a glare at Riley who didn’t pay her any attention. She then heard Czarina chuckle. “You really like to ignore people huh. I remember you always had ignored me before” she added.

 

Zwei stared at her not having recollection of what Czarina has said, “Really? I remember paying you full attention everytime we meet before” she said and shrugged that left Czarina confused.

 

“What? You always just stared at me before and didn’t give back my greetings” said Czarina with brows meeting.

 

Riley intercepted, “That’s how she pays attention though. Although it seems like it comes out as she ignoring but sometimes it’s her eyes that talks” she shrugged, and Riley paused, “So, she always had stared at you huh?” said Riley and raised her brow at her.

 

Hence Czarina stared at her which because of her discovery which kind of threw Zwei into a hole of awkwardness. Riley might have just confirmed to Czarina that she pays her so much attention that what she might have known. She remembered how she just would stare at her forgetting to greet back. After this, she would like to smack the hell out of her bestfriend. She then heard Czarina clear until she heard her phone ring. Czarina looked at it and found out it was Ace.

 

“It’s Ace” she blurted out. “Seems like I have to go” she told them and both nodded at her. Czarina turned to Riley, “Let’s hangout another time” she told her and Zwei’s eyebrow twitched that Riley saw and she chuckled. “Sure” she told her and Czarina smiled at her. She then took some steps at Zwei who was near the entrance who looked up to her as she was standing.

 

“What?” Zwei asked because Czarina was just staring at her.

 

Czarina shrugged, “Nothing, was just paying you attention” she said and then grinned, “See you again, next time” and then she climbed down.

 

Zwei was then left speechless until she heard Riley laugh. “Okay, that was dope” said Riley. Zwei frowned. “She let you taste your own medicine” Riley added.

 

After a little while, Riley spoke again. “I won’t let you easy Zwei. You brought her to that place and you didn’t tell me!” she said dramatically that Zwei winced.

 

“Shut up, Riley” she said obviously dismissing the topic but then she just saw Riley shaking her head.

 

“Hey” said Riley.

 

“What?” she replied.

 

“You’re not actually giving her up that easy, yeah?” Zwei just stared at her bestfriend. ”You met her first, 18 years ago was it? The umbrella thingy?”

 

Zwei was contemplating what so say until she did. “I don’t know, If fate allows maybe I won’t” she answered back.

 

 

 

Hi! 

Will probably update slowly since I'm busy with review. 

Peace!