Chapter 8

Your Choice

As soon as Ace texted her she bid goodbye to Zwei. Czarina was walking and then she paused when she heard Riley’s hearty laugh. She was shocked at first but then she was sure it was because of what she did, she smiled before continuing to walk.

 

“Care to share what made you smile?” she heard as she was walking, her walking was again interrupted as she heard the voice. She raised her head and found out it was Ace. She smiled back at her as Ace was all smiles at her.

 

“Nothing, it’s just Riley” she replied and Ace raised her brow at her but then she looked at the path where she came from and found out it was the path through Zwei’s tree house.

 

“Oh, you’ve met Riley” she exclaimed.

 

Czarina nodded her head as both of them walked side by side. “She’s fun. I’m kind of jealous Zwei has her” she said obviously for the intent of irritating Ace but then Ace doesn’t get irritated at her but she whines like a kid. Ace frowned at her and Czarina laughed at her. “Whatever, let’s go” Czarina added as she pulled Ace to her car. As they arrived to her car, “Anyway, Aren’t you too busy to share me your precious work time?” obviously teasing.

 

Ace chuckled, “Czar, you know I’d give those up easily just for you” she said and opened the car door for her ‘bestfriend’

 

Czarina grinned and tapped Ace’s cheeks, “Well, I’m honored” she said then went inside.

 

On the other side, Czarina didn’t see how Ace jolted from her actions. Ace then just shook her head as she headed inside of her car too. She breathed hard as she walked around. “I wish I could touch easily without considering any barrier I might be breaking” she told herself. She’s still on about their friendship thingy, she really don’t want to be the reason something changes between the two of them, and wants Czarina to do the move. She’ll wait she said, she’ll wait. But then, who’s brave enough to hold onto some uncertainty. Obviously, Ace.

Ace doesn’t have the peculiar mind, she isn’t the type of person who’d set up a date out of the ordinary. She prefers the cliché, well not actually prefers. She’s cliché. She’s not like Zwei who would think of something out of the ordinary, she’s not like Zwei who’d invite you to something no one would ever think of. In short, she’s the perfect antonym for Zwei.

 

Ace brought them to an expensive restaurant she usually goes too. She immediately booked a reservation as per her sister’s suggestion. They were ushered to their specific table by the waiter who welcomed them as soon as they’ve arrived. They both sat and thanked the waiter as the waiter left.

 

It was Ace who ordered food for the both of them, but then she’d still thought of asking Czarina who told her its fine whatever as she trusts her taste. As they were waiting for the food, Ace began to ask Czarina. “Anyway, why’d you suddenly went to our house again even though I told you I would just fetch you though?” she asked.

 

Czarina not looking at her, “it’s nothing, I just wanted to ask something to your mom. That’s all” she replied as she sipped some water.

 

Ace then nodded as per giving a pass for the first question, and now it was Czarina who asked casually. “So how’s your day? Miss workaholic?” she asked.

 

Ace scoffed, “It was fine miss, just one of those days”

 

Czarina rolled her eyes, “You could cut down your work hours, you’re going to get old fast” she told her bestfriend.

 

Ace chuckled as she shook her head not really liking the idea, “Stop telling me to cut down my work time. I love working miss and please I already have Zwei who would always remind me I should slack sometimes”

 

Their food then came and they had started to eat, “Then why not accept Uriel’s suggestion? It’s not bad to slack of sometimes Ace” she said that made Ace’s ear perk.

 

“Uriel?” she asked to confirm if it was what she has heard.

 

Czarina casually nodded her head, “Yes, Uriel? It’s your sister’s name. Don’t tell me you have forgotten about it” she then ate something that left a smudge on the side of her lips.

 

Ace saw it which then had her gradually forget about Czarina calling her sister with her second name. She casually reached Czarina’s face and wiped the smudge. Ace shook her head as Czarina casually grinned at her.

 

“I already did, we’re together tonight aren’t we. It’s still six in the evening and that’s still early for me going off of work” she told Czarina as response for her previous statement.

 

Czarina scoffed, “This isn’t slacking off Ace. This is supposed to be normal” she said sounding like a mom.

 

She knew where her sister and Czarina were coming. She’s not that dense to not understand what they were telling her but then she loves working. She loves the feeling when she accomplishes something. She loves to be acknowledged. Like what I said, she’s the perfect antonym for Zwei. 

 

She just smiled at her bestfriend, “I know Czar, but you know me. I love what I do, what you and my sister want me to do is probably one of the hardest thing I might even not consider, and I’m not a multitasker like my sister. I cannot work under pressure, you know that” she said ultimately dropping the topic. Czarina then just decided to let go of the topic, she might try it again some other time.

 

And again, Ace was back at the topic where Czarina called Zwei her second name, “Anyways, Zwei didn’t complain when you called her by her second name?” she asked.

 

“Yeah, she said nothing like how she usually does when I tell her something” replied Czarina.

 

Ace felt weird by that. Zwei just never lets anyone call her second name. She doesn’t want being called by her second name but then she knew how Czarina could be persistent once she’s onto something. Although not liking the idea, Ace reminded herself once again that she could trust her sister.

 

Truly you can trust someone fully, but then there’s one thing you shouldn’t fully trust, Feelings. You can always deceive the mind, you can always make it think what you want to think but then can someone deceive the heart? The answer is No. No matter how much you keep everything in, there will be and always be that time where feelings burst and cannot be kept anymore.

 

 “Really” was the only thing Ace could have replied while Czarina casually nodded at her not minding how Ace’s expression was becoming without her knowing. “Hey” Ace called for her bestfriend’s attention.

 

“Hmm?” Czarina hummed and looked at her bestfriend.

 

“How about if we just get married now?” she said out of nowhere.

 

She expected Czarina to take it seriously, but then it was something that was considered as a joking matter since long time ago where there other friends would tell them they should just married or something. Czarina smiled at her, “Sure Ace, sure.” she replied as she chuckled obviously not taking it seriously. It was what Ace expected but then surely expectations do sometimes.

 

She didn’t know what happened to her head but then she started to ask about her sister once again. “What do you think about Zwei? Now that you’ve interacted now?” she asked.

 

Even before Czarina could answer, Ace already saw the side of her lips lifting. She didn’t want that but then she want to hear it. “She’s annoying” Czarina started but it wasn’t an answer you’d expect from someone who was smiling about to smile from hearing someone’s name. Now, she smiled. “She’s annoying but she’s the fun kind of annoying. I don’t think I’d be expecting any dull moment if I’m with her” she answered. “I wish we’ve interacted a lot earlier” she answered truthfully.

 

That moment, Ace didn’t know that someone’s honesty could hurt her so much. She couldn’t blame anyone since she was the one who asked for it.

 

“But still, I’ve been with you for so long and I think you’re the best. You’re Ace for a reason” Czarina answered that had kind of lifted her spirits up. She smiled as she heard that but then she got negative already by thinking that the only advantage she had was time.

 

They already had finished eating and already are in Ace’s car. Ace kept mum as it seemed like Czarina was kind of exhausted as she saw her lay her head on the window with her eyes closed. With just the sight of her, a little smile on her face already bloomed. That’s how much she’s in love with her bestfriend.

 

With little no time they already had arrived at the Zobel’s residence. She slightly tapped Czarina’s who seemed to have really fallen asleep from the ride. Czarina slowly opened her eyes and Ace tilted her head as she peeked at her. Czarina chuckled at her action and she rubbed her eyes.

 

“You should’ve woken me up” she said groggily.

 

“Have you I ever done that? I don’t think so miss” she told her bestfriend as they consider each other as each other’s rest.

 

Czarina smiled, “Right, thank you for the recharge” and she opened the door beside her and Ace followed her out.

 

As Ace approached Czarina, she stood in front of her without doing something. Czarina was still sleepy as she yawned but then her yawn was interrupted as she noticed her bestfriend. Her yawn came out as a laugh instead and Ace followed suit who smiled at her.

 

“Say something, will you” said Czarina as she slightly slapped Ace’s shoulder.

 

Ace smiled at her and said, “I love you” she told Czarina.

 

Czarina held her cheek as if it’s on instinct. “I know” she told her.

 

“Really?” asked Ace who kept her eyes on the girl on front of her.

 

Czarina tilted her head as she smiled at her, “Of course, we’re bestfriends after all” she answered.  

 

She was the one who put so much of that wall, and now she wants to cross that wall. But then the wall was already so high up that she couldn’t even try.

Ace closed her eyes as she lied down on her bed. Rethinking about earlier, she just couldn’t help but scoff at herself. Little did she know, Zwei was there looking at her at the doorway.

 

“What’s the long face for?” Zwei asked as she stared at Ace.

 

Ace who has eyes closed opened them and took a look at her sister. She didn’t say anything but just stare back at her. She then sat up and said, “It’s nothing”

 

“Sure” Zwei replied, she’s not the type of person to pry when she feels she isn’t welcome to. She was about to leave until Ace called for her.

 

“Zwei” she said as she looked up to her sister who did nothing but stare. “Is there a chance you’d ever like Czarina?” she asked not bracing for the answer she might fear.

 

Zwei remained on her spot without any doubt of speaking up but Ace was waiting for her answer. “I don’t know why you’re asking a question that might probably hurt you basing on my answer” Zwei replied. It wasn’t a clear answer but it was clear as ice for Ace.

 

Ace shook her head, “I just want to hear it directly from you” she answered back.

 

Zwei clenched her jaw, “not a chance” she answered.

 

Ace wasn’t expecting the answer and it kind of lift her spirits up, but it was only for a second when she heard what Zwei has to say more. “I already do” she truthfully answered.

 

Ace eyes widened even though this was what she expected. “How? Isn’t it too fast?” she asked almost stuttering.

 

Zwei shook her head, “There’s no fast or slow at liking someone, Ace” she told her Ace. Although she wanted to clarify that she had liked Czarina way before she did, she skipped the details.

 

Ace sighed as it was something she had asked for. She also knew how it was impossible to like Czarina, she herself knows that best. She’s just frustrated because there’s nothing she could be mad about.

 

Zwei spoke again, “But you don’t have to worry. I’m keeping it to myself.” Ace looked at her again.

 

Ace didn’t like the idea, It’s as if Zwei was helping her again. “If you’re gonna do that because of me, then don’t” she told her.

 

Zwei throughout the time remained neutral. Zwei isn’t the type of person to listen once told. Ace sighed heavily as she understood how her sister looked. She bit her lip and looked back at Zwei who already had her back on her and didn’t seem to let her have another chance of persuading her.

 

 

 

Might start really updating real slow now. 

Well, HI!

Peace!