Chapter 6

Your Choice

Monday morning, and Zwei just woke up and what she saw was Ace hanging around her doorway, she wore her eyeglasses as she stared at her sister who didn’t seem to notice that she had woken up already. Ace who apparently had no intentions yet of looking back at her sister yet was called by Zwei, “Ace” said Zwei capturing her sister’s attention what immediately looked at her.

 

“Oh you’re awake” said Ace.

 

“Obviously” replied Zwei, “What is it?” she then asked as it seems Ace was unsure what to really tell. Zwei sighed. “If you’re going to apologize about yesterday, just forget it” she said that made Ace look at her kind of shocked, she clicked her tongue, “I know you better than you think, we’ve been together our lives, I know you from head to toe, from head to heart so can you please just go to work and stop hanging around. You’re already late by the way” she said without stop that made Ace just gape at her.

 

“You didn’t have to talk that much” Ace murmured as she scratched her head, “Do I need to ask mom who really is the first born between the two of us” she said but then Zwei pushed her out of her doorway.

 

“Just go and think about how you can win you’re girl’s heart, ” Zwei said again as she closed the door of her room leaving Ace dumbfounded at what she just heard. She scoffed as she watched to door in front of her shut. She shook her head as she picked up her suit and her satchel. Her brows met as she walked through out of her door.

Maybe an hour later Ace went to work, Riley barged in Zwei’s room. “Hey, where were you on Saturday?” she asked as she sat on her bed and looked at Zwei who was in front of her laptop. “It was Saturday, shouldn’t you have been sleeping in that day?” she asked as she looked at Zwei files that was scattered on her bed.

 

Zwei stopped what she was doing, “Why? Did you miss me?” she asked Riley which made Riley grimace.

 

“Are you on drugs?” Riley asked still grimacing. They aren’t really both into things where they openly show their friendship like Zwei was doing.

 

Zwei just shook her head as she sported her neutral face as she successfully evaded the question. If Riley found out she brought someone at that place she had wanted to go, it’ll be nonstop questions so she did that. “Just went somewhere, you know me. You didn’t really have to ask” she then said as she looked back looking at her laptop again. She held the bridge of her nose as her hurt for a bit.

 

Riley noticed it, “About time you change your glasses again?” she asked.

 

Zwei opened and closed her eyes as she stared back at her laptop, “Yeah, I think so too” she replied to her bestfriend.

 

Riley laid down on her bed saying something that caught Zwei attention, “I kind of want to meet Czarina Zobel”

 

Zwei stopped typing, “Uh, that’s so random?” she said as she started at her bestfriend, “and anyway, shouldn’t have met her already considering how you’re into meeting business people” she asked.

 

Riley then got up, “Zwei, have you forgotten how Ace is always with Czarina every business events and anyways have you forgotten I forgo business events when you don’t go? Also, Czarina only go to business events Ace is present. So now tell me, how could have I had a chance to meet her”

 

“What? Are you still awkward with Ace? I thought you’re in civil terms with her already?” she asked her bestfriend as she now dropped her laptop beside her.

 

“Yeah, civil terms like you said it but I really can’t get chummy with your twin sister. I can’t really interact with her, I might make a mistake doing so as I’ll only think you’re her” she said as she shook her head imaging it.

 

Zwei chuckled. Riley and her met each other abroad. Zwei went abroad to study business. She told her father if he wanted her to study what he wants then she should atleast let her pick where she wants to. Her father agreed at her terms, he always had been since she has a big trust on her. So what happened was, she studied aboard and Ace stayed as per her choice. Again, Ace and Czarina were together their college years.

 

“I still remember the first time I met Ace which I thought was you. I can’t forget the expression she had when I smacked the back of her head.” She again shuddered at the thought. Zwei remembered it and so she burst out laughing, since then Riley had been awkward around Ace although Ace had let go of what happened but Riley couldn’t.

 

“Oh man, can’t forget your faces as I showed up that time” Zwei said as she wiped the tears that had formed in her eyes from laughing.

 

Riley clicked her tongue, “You didn’t even mention that you had a twin in the first place, how could I have known” she muttered.

 

Zwei looked at her with creased forehead, “What do you mean, our pictures were everywhere in our dorm” she said.

 

Riley shrugged, “I don’t know, I may had forgotten” she reasoned out that made Zwei shake her head.

 

Zwei then brought back the topic, “On what reason you want to meet Czarina again?” she asked.

 

Riley raised her brow at her bestfriend, “I don’t know Zwei. You tell me. Why do I want to meet Czarina Zobel” she said almost challenging her.

 

With her neutral face going on, she picked up one of her pillows stealthily and threw it to Riley. “Shut up” she said but then Riley just laughed at her.

Ace was walking to her office when she had thought of something. As soon as she arrived at her office, she was welcomed by her secretary. She had put down her things and then she called for her secretary.

 

Her secretary then went to her, and then Ace showed a picture. “Can you please buy this for me?” she asked.

 

Her secretary smiled and nodded at her. “It that for Ms. Zobel” she asked and Ace smiled. Her secretary then went on her way to buy what Ace had told her to. With the perfect timing, Czarina had texted her that she’ll be coming by the office a little bit later. Ace smiled as she texted back to her bestfriend. She closed her phone as she finished texting back and started to work.

 

Ace had always liked Czarina. Ever since she had met her in high school, and even though they had always denied that fact that they were together. It was her that had always denied it since she didn’t want Czarina to feel uncomfortable around her. From doing so, it was her that had put boundaries although she doesn’t know if should regret doing that or not since she and Czarina are fine until now but the fact that they’re only friends doesn’t sit well with her. Maybe now, she’ll try to be more than a friend.

 

Also, at that time, Zwei was also on another school as she decided to. That’s the reason why Zwei and Czarina had never had much interaction, although Zwei would sometimes visit Ace when she wants to. That’s the reason why she was worried about Zwei.  Zwei always had gotten everything without trying. She and Czarina might have been together all their lives, Zwei’s character isn’t something to be forgone either. She has charms no one could resist, she’s better on all aspects than her. She might have thought that she had gone far at asking if she could trust her sister but then it would always fall on the fact that she’ll always be threatened by her sister without her even trying.  

 

She laid back as she sighed, her secretary came in no time and gave her the flowers she asked her to get. She smiled as she looked at the flowers she put aside as she waited for Czarina to arrive any time by now. She again went to her seat and looked at all the papers that were scattered on her table. She then decided to clean them up as she’s done with all of them. As she was cleaning them up, she heard a knock on her door and it showed the person she was waiting for.

 

Czarina showed a big smile at her bestfriend who then went inside of her office. Then again, Ace smiled as she watched her bestfriend walk inside her office. Czarina’s eyes went to the flowers on her table. “Whose are these?” she said as she picked them up.

 

Ace smiled at her, “They’re yours” she said and Czarina stared at her.

 

“Why?” she asked, “All of a sudden?” she added.

 

Ace pursed her lips. “It’s not all of a sudden. I heard you were with Zwei yesterday.” It was a statement rather than a question.

 

Czarina chuckled, “What?”

 

Ace then went in front of her and coolly sat on her table then she shrugged, “If my sisters’ making an effort, I think I should too” she said.

 

Czarina narrowed her eyes at her, “You can just tell you were jealous” she teased.

 

Truly it was the reason but Czarina was busy looking at the flowers to even look at Ace’s expression, and when she was about to tell what if she were, the doors of her office were opened by the person she was worrying over.

 

Zwei stopped on her tracks as both Ace and Czarina looked at her, She then scratched the back of her head, “Did is interrupt something?” she asked.

 

Ace was about to say yes but Czarina said otherwise, “What would you interrupt, anyway?”

 

Zwei shrugged as she was still there at the doorway obviously keeping distance, “I don’t know, maybe you were about to kiss or something” she said shamelessly.

 

Czarina rolled her eyes at her, “Oh shut up” she then said as she walked to Zwei. She gave the flowers to her and so Zwei looked at her confused as to why she did that. “Let’s go, drive me back to the company” she said not even taking consideration that her bestfriend was there to who would willingly do that for her.

 

“Huh? Didn’t you bring your car?” Zwei asked looking stupid as she awkwardly held the flowers.

 

Ace cleared , “I’m still here Czar, you know I’ll drive anywhere.” she offered wanting to be in the conversation. Ace almost wanted to curse herself as she acted like that. She looked like she was desperate to do everything for her.

 

Zwei felt that but even then there’s a reason why she went to Ace’s office. “You can’t” said Zwei almost as if they were fighting over Czarina. Ace looked at her with confused expression, “I mean, you’re supposed to be in a meeting by now” she said, Ace might have forgotten. “It’s Monday Ace, Monday meeting are yours” said Zwei.

 

Ace then was hit by realization, she almost was confused as to why Zwei told her that but then it was nothing but her assuming something again. Ace sighed as she nodded her head at her sister, “Thanks, I almost forgot” she said.

 

“I have to get going too by the way, just dropped off since you told me I should. I have a meeting too” said Czarina. “Let’s go” she told Zwei and then she started to walk.

 

Zwei frowned, “I don’t remember agreeing?” she asked but then her words are different from her actions as she also had taken her steps away from her sisters’ office. But she halted as she remembered her sister, “Hey, see you later” she said and so Ace nodded her head. Ace clicked her tongue as she heaved a heavy sigh. She tapped her foot on the floor before deciding to pick up some files she’s gonna need for the meeting. 

 

“ my life” she murmured to herself as she doesn’t want what she’s feeling but then she’s still human who have feelings that cannot be even suppressed by just mere thinking. As she walked through the hallways she got to see both Czarina and Zwei walking. Czarina was upfront and Zwei was behind almost wanting to cover herself from stares because of the bouquet of flowers she was holding. She just shook her head as Czarina kind of seem to be teasing her sister who also seemed to back as a frown showed on Czarina’s face. Zwei laughed at her and pushed through the door, and by then she saw none of them. “Should I just confess” she again murmured to herself. She shrugged all the thoughts away as she was entered the meeting room.

As soon as they arrived at Zwei’s car, Czarina started to sneeze. Zwei then offered her handkerchief to Czarina who immediately took it from her. “Thanks” Czarina said.

 

“Sneezing?” Zwei said and then she looked at the flowers. “Don’t tell me you have pollen allergy?” she asked almost dumbfounded. Zwei then moved out of the car and went to further back of her car and took the flower with her. She placed the bouquet of flower at her trunk. She then went again to the driver’s seat as she offered water and some medicine to Czarina. Zwei sighed as she stared at her, “How does Ace doesn’t know you’re allergic to flowers, and why didn’t you tell her in the first place?” she asked her almost mad but then she suppressed herself.

 

Czarina closed her eyes as she laid back, “She took an effort to give them to me, and she looked so happy as if she just did something great. I didn’t want her to feel embarrassed about it or feel bad about it.” she explained. Zwei almost wanted to scoff from what she heard. Czarina looked at her, “Don’t tell her, please”

 

Zwei stared at her, “I see you don’t want her to feel hurt” she told her.

 

Czarina smiled, “Ace is---” she hummed, “delicate” she looked back at Zwei. “You know that too, right?” she added.

 

Zwei sighed, “Yeah, I know very well” she answered back. She then held on the steering wheel as she started the engine. She looked at her and asked, “Home or office?”

 

Czarina closed her eyes, “Home please” she said and so Zwei started to drive.

 

As Zwei was driving, “You’re pretty much considerate with Ace” she said, “You’re gonna do well as her wife then” she added.

 

Czarina really, really didn’t want to argue but then she just had to. “That’s not decided yet, just so you know” she told Zwei.

 

Zwei eyes were still on the road, “You don’t need to be considerate with me. You can just go ahead and pick Ace. It’s Ace from the very beginning anyway. She has to be” she said.

 

“And what if I liked you instead?” Czarina asked in a tone that made Zwei look at her.

 

Zwei stopped the car as they reached, Zwei stared at Czarina as she seems to be studying Czarina’s face is she was serious or not. She reached onto Czarina which kind of got Czarina baffled. She even got her eyes closed. ”If that happens, take a step back and think about Ace” she muttered as she removed Czarina’s seatbelt. She then pulled back the same time Czarina opened her eyes. She stared back at Zwei, “You don’t want to hurt Ace, you said” Zwei added and she was welcomed by Czarina’s confused eyes.

 

Zwei appeared then different from the neutral expression she did have earlier, “Well, just if that happens. Well it won’t happen so don’t think about the ‘what if’s’” she told Czarina as she grinned at her.

 

Czarina seemed to not move from her seat as she was still startled from what just happened, “Are you incapacitated? Do you want me to carry you in?” Zwei obviously said to .

 

Czarina then seemed to felt Zwei teasing her and so she rolled her eyes at her and opened the door. “Thanks Uriel” she then said before moving down from her seat.

 

Czarina was about to leave when Zwei spoke, Czarina looked back at her. ”No matter how much you want to protect a person, sometimes you have to think about yourself first before anything else”

 

Zwei timidly smiled at her, “I’ll see you again, Czarina” Zwei said and then she drove off as she thought it was time to go, and it seemed Czarina got nothing to say anymore.

 

 

:) 

peace!