Chapter 4

Your Choice

Ace weirdly looked at how loud was Zwei as she was rummaging her things. She then went to her sister and asked, “What are you even doing?” she asked Zwei who let out a sigh before she looked at her sister.

 

“Just looking for something” she said and went back at it, after almost turning her room upside down she then exclaimed, “Found it!” as she picked up her multi-tool.

 

“What are you even gonna use that for?” Ace asked again but Zwei was again busy putting back her stuff.

 

“I’ll use it to stab you if you don’t stop asking” she told Ace with a serious face and pulled up the knife from her multi-tool which caused Ace to grin and raised her hands.

 

“Fine, fine. I’ll do my thing you do yours” she said as she backed away from Zwei door as she heard Zwei snort. Zwei then went to her and wiped her dirty hands on Ace’s forehead which caused her to complain, “Hey! I have to go to work!” she said as he wiped her forehead using her hands.

 

“It’s Saturday, you should rest atleast” Zwei smirked, “You just smeared it more, stupid” she said and threw her some towel, Ace glared at her as she caught it and wiped her forehead with it. “Now, shoo! You’re gonna complain how loud I would be again”

 

Ace gave her a stink eye before leaving the room. She was already on the stairs when Zwei called for her name again, “Ace!” she called her which she looked back immediately. “Good luck, Stop making mistakes will you” she said smugly which kind of made Ace dumbfounded because Zwei never does that.

 

When Ace understood what she was meaning she smiled widely like she wasn’t just insulted but then as she was grinning she showed her twin sister her middle finger, “Yeah, well thank you” she said and Zwei replied with a shrug.

 

As Zwei returned to her room, Ace was still on the stairs shaking her head. She then walked as she murmured, “Between the two of us, you’ll always be the better one” to herself. She was really kind of rude of Zwei as she had her secretary shoo her off when she knew she’d be there once she knew she got in trouble with their dad. She was actually planning to apologize but she can’t actually find the right timing to do so, but then Zwei just blatantly told her off. She always felt inferior to her sister, but her sister always wouldn’t treat her like she wanted, like atleast she’s someone who could be better than her. Now she’s just feeling awful that she wanted competition between the two of them when Zwei actually want nothing of it. She nodded her head off as she rode inside her car.

Zwei used her pickup truck, and not her usual vintage Camaro. She then loaded her things at the back which isn’t actually that much. She dusted her hands as she had put all the things already.

 

She decided not to even inform Czarina that she would be picking her up already but rather want to see her unprepared. She knows how Czarina’s the person to be not ready at times she doesn’t expect that’s why she wants to see that. She heard a lot from Ace how handful Czarina can be when she’s not prepared so you really have to tell her beforehand or else you’ll see her with nothing but just her usual glory meaning, in short Czarina Zobel being messy. “That would be a sight” she told herself as she can’t stop grinning.

Czarina has still her eyes closed as her mom was knocking on her door, “Mom! 5 minutes” she should when it wouldn’t stop.
 

“Alright alright” she heard her mom say as she heard footsteps away from her room.

 

But her sleep was already interrupted so she decided to get up and go out of her room. She was already out of her room as she stretch and yawn but it was interrupted halfway as she heard someone chuckle. She’s so sure it wasn’t her mom nor the maids or her dad who was already at work. She had her forehead creased before she looked down and had her eyes widen when she saw a familiar unfamiliar face. She was supposed to call Ace but Ace never shows up not informing her and so she concluded it was the other twin, well she even has her glasses on and now she was so sure it was Zwei.

 

was still open and her arms are still up, “Good morning, miss Czarina Zobel” Zwei said obviously teasing her as she kept the grin on her face.

 

Czarina slowly lowered down her hands and closed as a frown on her face showed up. Zwei raised her eyebrow at her reacting at how she reacted but eventually she just smiled at her. “You look fine, that’s alright” she then told Czarina.

 

Czarina just continued to frown as she took the stairs down and when she reached Zwei who was sitting on the sofa, “You should’ve told me you were coming, didn’t Ace tell you how messy I can be when uninformed?” she told Zwei who was looking up at her.

 

“No” she said obviously stating otherwise.

 

Czarina clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes at Zwei. “Fine” She doesn’t actually look that messy but you do consider yourself messy when you just woke up, it’s not just the outer appearance but the inside also is messy for example, the brain. She forgot how to think when she saw Zwei downstairs. She would have been ashamed but that’s not how she is originally.

 

“Why are you so early anyway” said Czarina as she told Zwei to follow her to the kitchen because it’s time for breakfast.

 

“I’m always early” Zwei replied as she silently followed Czarina, “I don’t eat breakfast though” she told her and so Czarina looked at her with disbelief.

 

“Why not?” she asked obviously not liking the idea.

 

Zwei pursed her lips, “Just because” she replied to her.

 

“Whatever, you’re going to eat whether you like it or you like it” Czarina told her with full authority.

 

Miss Zobel who heard the conversation smiled at how bratty her daughter was, Zwei on the other hand kept a neutral face as she sat on the chair in front of Czarina.

 

It was Czarina’s mom who spoke as they started to eat, “So I heard you’re taking Czarina out for hiking?” her mom asked.

 

Zwei nodded in response, “Yes ma’am. I was just a sudden thought actually” she answered.

 

Mrs. Zobel nodded her head, “Have you prepared you’re things already?” she asked her daughter.

 

Czarina almost looked offended, “Of course ma, you’re treating me as if I’m sloppy or something” she muttered but her mom smiled at her kind of confirming her statement.

 

“Oh, you look like you do” Zwei answered with a fake cough, and Czarina gave her a glare. Zwei continued to eat as she acted innocently.

 

Czarina completely lost there as she clicked her tongue, “Fine, I haven’t yet” she confessed.

 

Zwei snickered, that’s why Czarina looked at her, “I kind of assumed you haven’t that’s why I came earlier to remind considering the time you’ll have once you prepare, but just prepare a little, a pair of clothes is fine” she told her.

 

Czarina just stared at her, “On what basis did you assume I haven’t yet then” she asked.

 

Zwei dropped her utensils, “Uhm, for once my room is connected with Ace’s and I know you were calling each other last night, and I knew it was you because the only time Ace does get hyper is when it’s you  so there, I kind of slept late because of it actually. I would have punched Ace but knowing how hyper you could be, she might have been just leveling herself with yours so I didn’t” Czarina looked like she wanted to throw her something at Zwei who kind of telling that she’s too hyper but Zwei continued to look at her with her neutral face but surely she’s just teasing her.

 

Mrs. Zobel shook her head, “Alright kids, I have to go” she said as she stood up and kissed her daughter’s forehead, she then looked at Zwei and told her, “Take a good care of my daughter will you?” she said.

 

Zwei nodded, “Of course ma’am, anything for my sis-in-law” she said and looked at Czarina. Mrs. Zobel then went on her way as she needed to be at work.

 

The two were left with silence, “You can talk, you know” Zwei was the one who initiated. Hmm.

 

Czarina raised her brow at her, “I really just want to marry you instead” she told her.

 

Zwei was then the one who clicked her tongue, “I told you, too early for jokes” she replied. “And, Ace wouldn’t like that, so stop saying that sis-in-law”

 

Czarina grunted in response “I liked you better when we weren’t on talking basis yet” she said as she picked up her utensils as she finished the remaining bacon on her plate.

 

Zwei crossed her arms, “Oh you liked me before already, so how’s that. I haven’t done anything yet before but you already liked me? Really? Ms. Zobel, Really?” she surely is just teasing now.

 

Czarina rolled her eyes, “You’re annoying, Uriel” she muttered and for once Zwei did shut up. Luckily Czarina didn’t notice it, but surely Zwei took a punch with that. She wasn’t teasing anymore. It’s nothing big, it’s just no one calls her that but her dad, sometimes.

 

“I know, and I’m doing it on purpose.” she told her.

 

“Thank you for the information, it was really helpful” Czarina smiled at her with full sarcasm. Zwei chuckled as she told her to get ready already, which Czarina did without any disagreement.

As if God was putting on a joke at them, the rain started to flow as soon as they got out of Zwei’s car. Zwei was so dumbfounded she wanted to curse but instead she closed her eyes and held it all in. Her eyeglasses were already soaked with tiny raindrops, she removed it out of spite which made her vision unclear and so she put it back, she really looked like she wanted to throw a tantrum that was noticed by Czarina. She was trying so hard to hide her smile but then Zwei pulled her back inside her car. Zwei sighed heavily as soon as they sat inside. She offered a towel to Czarina which she took immediately.

 

Zwei looked at Czarina, “Why does it rain when we’re together?” she frowned, “for the third time” she muttered which Czarina still heard.

 

“Third?” she questioned, “Hey, it’s just the second time” she corrected her which then made Zwei tilt her head.

 

“Y-yeah, I meant second” she said then stepped on the gas pedal.

 

“Where are we going?” Czarina asked.

 

Zwei pursed her lips, “Somewhere” she answered without looking back.

As soon as they got in the road that isn’t really seen from the outside, Czarina looked sideways, “How’d you even find this place?” she asked.

 

Zwei looked at her briefly, “I just found it” she answered.

 

“You know you get boring sometimes” Czarina told her as she looked at her and so Zwei raised her brow at her. As soon as Zwei heard that she playfully steered the wheel to farther right like it’s real causing Czarina to get shocked and look at her dumbfounded as Zwei eventually laughed at her reaction.

 

Zwei still was grinning at her as she stepped on the breaks , “Now tell me I’m boring, We’re here” she said but Czarina’s jaws are still hanging from Zwei’s playfulness. Czarina wasn’t talking still that’s why Zwei’s face got serious and also apologetic at the same time, “I’m sorry, are you okay?” she asked and then Czarina grinned at her slowly.

 

Czarina snickered, “Of course Uriel, I’m fine. I like the thrill” she said as she tapped her head and eventually went out of the car snickering.

 

It was now Zwei who seemed dumbfounded at what Czarina did, she held her head that was tapped by Czarina and titled her head, “Okay?” she muttered to herself and went out of her car because she heard Czarina call her name.

 

The rain was still pouring but it was bearable but still Zwei pulled Czarina under the umbrella saying, “It’s the small rain that’ll make you sick, I can’t have my sis-in-law getting sick can I? Ace might kick my ” she muttered.

 

Czarina rolled her eyes, “If you only spoke of the first line, I might have fallen for you already” she said.

 

Zwei replied, “You already said you liked me before, you wouldn’t want to eventually fall for me now” she said as she looked at Czarina who raised her brow at her, “We can’t have that happen, sis-in-law” she emphasized the sis-in-law. “But—“

 

“What?” Czarina feeling impatient as Zwei stopped talking.

 

Zwei looked at her in the eye, “If ever I’d be the one you’ll pick, then—” Zwei pursed her lips.

 

“Are you doing that on purpose” Czarina said pertaining to Zwei’s pauses. Well, she’s known to be impatient.

 

Zwei chuckled, “I’m joking, besides you’ve already chosen” she told her.

 

Zwei continued walking but Czarina halted her steps making Zwei look back at her. “Why are you so sure I’d pick Ace?” Czarina asked her.

 

Zwei just stared at her with her neutral face, “Why?” Zwei walked towards her, “Would you want to marry me instead?” she asked that Czarina remained mute not knowing what to say.

 

A small smile showed up on Zwei’s lips, “See?”  

 

It seemed like Czarina still was frozen on the spot that Zwei waved her hand in front of her face. “O-oh?” Czarina spoke stammering. It was the first time Czarina felt dominated, when it comes to Ace she always had the upper hand but when it’s Zwei she can’t seem to have that. She’s an only child and she always does get what she wants, but she can’t seem to rule over Zwei like if she tries it always comes back to her.

 

“Let’s go” said Zwei and off they went as still was Czarina trying to find composure.

 

 

:)

peace!