Chapter 3

Your Choice

Zwei decided to go someplace. It’s a place she owns, a private property she bought through her own money and is kept a secret to everyone she knows. She only found about the place once she was on a drive for fun and she found out about a road that’s not really an easy sight for everyone to see. Due to her curiosity she decided to drive through that road and so she found out about the place. If you’re not attentive enough, you wouldn’t even notice the road. The place was more like a miniature green land. That piece of land wasn’t really for sale but it just pushed through once the owner found out it was an Aragon going for the piece of land. Aragon is a big name you know.

 

She was just sitting by the falls as she watched the water flow, it was refreshing for her. It was kind of a therapy since all there was the sound of nature and her. She closed her eyes, as she felt her eyes going heavy and so she slept. As she went to dreamland, a familiar scene flashed through her mind.

 

It was raining and it she was just watching the rain fall from a distance, she was at the shed as she was waiting for her twin sister finish the thing she told her she’d do. She wiped her glasses as it got splashed with some little rain. She was already getting bored as she decided to play with her umbrella.

 

As she was doing it, some little girl also took shelter beneath the small waiting shed. She was kind of wet already as Zwei assumed she got no umbrella. She stared at the girl who kind of stared back as she felt Zwei’s eyes on her. Both blinked their eyes as they got nothing to say, Zwei looked at her umbrella and to that other girl who she also thought was from the same school as her as she finally looked at her uniform.

 

Zwei without talking handed over her umbrella over to that girl, the other girl stared at her. Zwei sighed. “You can borrow my umbrella if you want” she spoke timidly.

 

That other girl blinked her eyes and said, “Are you sure?” she asked.

 

Zwei nodded, “Yeah it’s fine, I like the rain” she said and pointed at it.

 

The other girl reluctantly took her umbrella from her. “Thank you” she said and Zwei only stared at her.

 

“What’s your name?” she asked the girl who was the same age as her.

 

The other girl looked back at her and said, “Oh it’s --”

 

Zwei opened her eyes as that other girl told her, her name. Zwei was woken up by her phone as it started to ring. She took it out and it turned out to be her bestfriend, Riley.
 

She then answered the phone call. “Let’s see what interesting thing you’ve got that I should forget about sleeping, bestfriend” she started that she heard Riley chuckle.

 

“It’s not entirely my fault I woke you up, but here goes. Where are you?” her bestfriend asked.

 

Zwei frowned, “Somewhere you don’t know”

 

“Oh, that place” she exclaimed.

 

Zwei clicked her tongue, “So what are you going to tell me exactly?”

 

“You’re chilling there while you’re sister’s getting dissed by your father, some problem I guess?” Riley informed her.

 

As soon as she heard that, she immediately went to her car still in call with Riley. “What problem was that to be exact and how’d you even know?” she asked but paused and said, “Nevermind, for one second I forgot you were Riley” she said which caused Riley to snort.

 

“Nothing really big like the first ones but I know you don’t like it when you’re dad belittles you’re sister so I just informed you” Riley explained.

 

Zwei’s eyes were already on the road, “Alright Riley Thanks” she said then she turned off the call as they bid their goodbyes.

 

Growing up, Zwei knew that their father favored her more. Ace didn’t put issue about it and she was fine about it as she said it was supposed to be like that since she was the younger one. Zwei on the other hand didn’t really like it and she thought it was unfair for Ace but her twin sister it was nothing and it was really fine.

 

After minutes of driving she arrived at their company and some of the employee were already giving her the weird look which usually happens when Ace kind of messes up. Well, Riley told her it wasn’t much of a big deal like the first ones.

 

Before she can even enter the elevator, her sister’s secretary blocked her way. The secretary was looking apologetic already so she took a step back. The secretary then told her that Ace wanted to relay the message that she’s going to be fine and tell her that, “They’re already old  enough to mind each other’s business, and that it’s her being prideful and tell Zwei  she’s sorry if she was offended on  how she worded it” Ace’s secretary told her. Zwei then nodded her head as she heard it and thanked the secretary before doing another step back.

 

She eventually turned around as she thought that Ace really had a point. She maybe just was used to be always there for each other that she didn’t think through how Ace might have felt everytime she backs her up when it comes to mistakes.

 

She then took another drive but this time she was going to their home. She parked her car and then she was welcomed by her mother as it was already lunch time and so they should eat. “Mom” she called for her mother as soon as they had finished their food.

 


“What is it?” her mom asked her.

 

“Have you heard from Ace?” she asked and her mom immediately knew what her daughter was asking about.

 

Her mom wiped her lips, “It’s nothing big that might cause big within the company, you just know how you’re father is meticulous when it comes to documents and such. Ace just forgot that she was supposed to pass it today that’s why you’re father got mad” she explained. Zwei then nodded her head. Her mother looked at her intently, “She’s going to be fine” her mother assured her.

 

“Yeah, I know” she told her mom who chuckled from the way she said it.

 

Her mother grinned at her, “You sure? You’re still looking worried though” her mom asked. Zwei shrugged not denying. Their mother smiled, and went to tap her shoulder, “You’re younger but you act like the bigger sister Zwei” her mom said.

 

Zwei looked at her mom because she heard that line already and it was from Ace too. “You think so mom?” she asked and her mother nodded clearly.

 

“It’s not wrong but sometimes, there are things Ace would have wanted to handle alone by herself. I sure know that she can, so I think its fine for you step back a bit and take a relief for yourself. You my precious daughters are at the age where you want to do thing by yourself. You in fact already did.” Her mom told her.

 

“Alright mom” she said then gave a forehead kiss to her mom who smiled when she did that. “Thank you” she told her and her mom nodded.

When her bestfriend heard about what happened, Czarina called Ace to kind of cheer her up. “So? What happened?” she asked as Ace had finished ordering drinks for them.

 

She shrugged. “Same little mistakes, I guess” she mumbled and drank who didn’t put no care about it, she’s kind of immune already. “Dad was a lot harsher before than now so yeah” she said and took another sip from her drink.

 

Czarina didn’t try to pry anymore since Ace seems fine about it not like those earlier times that she almost cried every day. “Okay, I think I should leave then” she teased and Ace frowned and so she chuckled. “I thought you’re fine” she teased again.

 

Ace is actually clingy and Czarina knows it too well. They were almost together during their high school and college days, like what was said earlier that everyone thought they were together. “I could use some cheering up, Czar” Ace said with a frown.

 

Czarina grinned, “You’re doing great” that is what she just said, and Ace doesn’t need anymore lecture. Her father is in charge for that.

 

Ace noticed how Czarina keep going back to her phone and so she said, “You can go, you know” she said and Czarina looked at her.

 

“Now you’re shooing me away? Are you bipolar?” she said jokingly acting like she dumbfounded.

 

Ace rolled her eyes, “It’s not that miss, I meant you keep looking at your phone” she said and pointed at it using her lips.

 

Czarina actually looked apologetic since Ace noticed it, She was the one who called for this but she’s actually as busy as her. “Sorry” she told Ace.

 

Ace shook her head, “No, it’s fine” she assured her.

 

Czarina’s phone rang now so it’s seems like she’s needed, Ace again urged her to focus on work. Czarina was then persuaded as she stood up and quickly kissed Ace’s cheek. “Will make it up to you next time” she said then she dashed. Ace was then left having to deal with her own feelings.

 

She sighed, “Should have told you I liked you when I had the chance” she murmured as she stared at her drink. Ace does like Czarina or it was more of that. She was the one who always had denied about the rumors about them being together. She did that because she thought it was easier to be with her when it’s just them being friends, she didn’t want to risk their friendship in conclusion. Well, she got the chance now, like Zwei had told her. No friendships getting ruined like she was protecting but an easy way for them to be together, that might be seen as selfishness but it’s the only way they can be together, Ace thought. Fortunately, Czarina seems fine about the idea. In the near future, she might tell her, maybe when they’re married already. Looking so sure, doesn’t she?

 

Actually she also thought about the idea that it might be Zwei that Czarina would pick but in all aspects she thinks it wouldn’t be that case. Zwei also assured her the other day, her twin sister thought it was also impossible so she’s thinking that it really wasn’t going to be the case.

Czarina arrived at her dad’s office as it was her dad that was calling her when was with Ace. She lightly knocked at her the door of her father’s office. He then raised his head when her daughter came in side. “Oh you’re here” her Dad said and asked her to take a seat.

 

“What is it, Dad?” she asked as she took a seat.

 

“Wait a minute, she said she was on the wa --” he was saying when he heard a knock, “she’s here” he said and Czarina immediately looked at who it was and it turned out it was Zwei.

 

“Zwei?” Czarina said.

 

“Hi” she replied and sat to the chair next to her as she was told. “If you’re asking why, I also don’t know. You may ask your dad for that matter” she told her with a pokerface. Czarina’s dad was actually amused at how Zwei talked to her daughter.

 

“Okay okay, ladies. Eyes in front” He told them. “I actually called for you both since I wanted to atleast have you introduced at each other since I know you’re not really that much acquainted” He looked at them as he leaned back, “Well it seems like you already have interacted which each other, I assume” he told them.

 

Czarina rolled his eyes at her dad, “We’re not actually kids anymore, we could have done that ourselves” she snappily replied at her dad that Zwei found amusing. She kind of stared longer that she should have that Czarina already looked at her before she looked away.

 

Zwei then looked at her father, “Was she always like this, sir?” she innocently asked, and Mr. Zobel laughed out loud. Czarina frowned at her dad that’s why he then stopped laughing.

 

“Yes, she’s always had been like that and it’s actually pain in the if you may ask” he joked and Czarina glared at her father. “I’m kidding, it’s bearable. It’s a good trait in business so it’s actually helping” he explained and so Zwei looked at Czarina who was having none of it.
 

“I wondered how Ace handled you through the years and would handle you through the next years when you guys marry each other” she might have teased but you wouldn’t actually know since she still has that neutral face going on.

 

Czarina rolled her eyes, “Or maybe I should marry you instead” she replied back.

 

A little smile then aroused from Zwei’s face, “Aren’t it too early for threats? Ms. Zobel?” she surely was having fun teasing the other lady in front of her. She seemed not afraid at doing it considering she’s saying that in front of Czarina’s father. She then grinned before Czarina could answer back, “I’m kidding” she said as she took a step back from teasing. “I think Ace is lucky to have you” she told her as she fixed her glasses, yeah she did put on her glasses.

 

Czarina didn’t actually know what to say, and Czarina’s dad cleared his throat and said, “Okay, I think you go on by yourselves now young ladies” he told them as she deemed both were fine without his interference.

 

Both then left Mr. Zobel’s office as they were told that he was going in for a meeting.  Neither really talked that much until they arrived at the entrance. Zwei was the one who talked first. “Do you like hiking?” she asked out of nowhere.

 

Czarina wasn’t actually expecting that question to be thrown at her at that exact moment. Well, Zwei really is unpredictable. “It’s fine, I do hike from time to time” she answered.

 

Zwei nodded her head, “Are you free on Saturday then?” she asked.

 

“Yes?” she answered back.

 

Zwei hummed, “See you on Saturday, then” she said and she already had took her steps before Czarina could process what she said. She just had her jaw drop at how Zwei smoothly did that. She’s not dumb to not know what Zwei just did.

 

 

:) 

peace!