Chapter 1

Your Choice

Ace Cole S. Aragon, the first born and by her side is her twin sister Zwei Uriel S. Aragon. There is an ongoing press conference for their father Zander Maximus Aragon, one of the most successful tycoons all over the world. The two were standing beside their father for photographs and afterwards they’re required to watch the conference which isn’t really Zwei’s thing. Ace alones feels how bored her twin sister is as she keeps on fidgeting on her seat.

 

“You do know you can go, right?” Ace asked her sister who let out a sigh.

 

Zwei looked at her and said, “Yeah, I know but dad will find out and didn’t your hear him say we were “required” to watch and listen?” she emphasized on the word required.

 

Ace then shrugged in response to her sister’s reply to her. Zwei doesn’t really liked being in a secluded place, she’s more of a carefree person like you’ll wake up and you just find out she’s somewhere else no one knows. She has been like that since she was young but she’s got good grades so she didn’t get scolded before but their father started getting strict about it since both of them are at the age where fun is earned and not free. He means, they’re at the age suitable to handle the business but Zwei doesn’t like being controlled so they get into arguments sometimes that their mother would worry when she just goes off. Ace is the exact opposite of Zwei, she sure wants to be in the business world. She sure shows signs of someone to be like her father. Well, it should be given since she’s the eldest between the two of them.

 

The press conference had finished and when Zwei was about to leave, they were both called by their father. “There is something important we need to talk about, Zwei you can leave right after” their father told them. Zwei then quietly followed their father who already walked with Ace who seemed to be talking about something to him.

 

All of them now were in their dad’s office when offered them to seat but Zwei just wanted it to be done so she just decided to stand up. Their dad just sighed how hard-headed her second daughter can be.

 

“Fine” she finalized and gave them some document or something. Her daughters then looked at each other as they received the folder that contains what he wanted to tell them. It was the contract of the ongoing merge with another company.

 

“What does this mean, dad?” Ace asked, same question as seen on Zwei’s face.

 

“As you already know, an ongoing merge is happening since the start of the year between our company and the Zobel’s” he started. Obviously the two aren’t getting the point so their father continued. “In order for the merging to be completed, one of you is going to get married to their only daughter” their father said that caused both of her daughters to be silent.

 

Zwei clicked her tongue, “Then isn’t the deal closed, I mean their only daughter is also Ace’s bestfriend. She’s best suited, I don’t see why I needed hear about this” she said.

 

Their father sighed once again, “I know but, Francis wants to see first how both of you as an individual would be best suited for her daughter. The one who Czarina falls in love with is the one she’s going to marry” he explained. Obviously Zwei didn’t like the idea as she frowned at hearing what his father said. Actually their father had already told his bestfriend Francis that it would be best if its Ace but Francis was adamant at seeing who is better than the two. 

 

“I’m sorry dad, but that’s obviously nonsense to me” Zwei immediately replied. Well sure, Ace is Czarina’s bestfriend but she’s like the exact opposite, she’s not close with her but she does know her. How would that work? Obviously Ace is a lot more in advantage already considering that fact.

 

She showed her dissatisfied face, the face she usually shows when she and her dad would argue. “I’m going, Dad” as she gave back the document to her father, but before she can even take a step, her father gave a deal she cannot not accept.

 

“Just for one year, as soon as that year is over. I’ll never talk about business with you anymore, you’re a free soul after one year. Just one year, Zwei. One year” and like the speed of light, Zwei looked back to their father. Zwei gulped, obviously she doesn’t like being controlled but the deal was a big thing for her. She had been in a lot of fights with her father because of business.

 

She stared at her father just to check if he’s playing with her or he’s being real about what he just offered. She then gave up and said, “Just one year, Dad. One year and I’m out” she said then went on her way.

 

After Zwei left, Ace looked at their father and said, “Are you sure about that, Dad? I need Zwei in the company. You’re not completely serious about that right? Czarina and her isn’t that much acquainted, I don’t think it’s a good choice to pursue her. You should have just let her go” she explained.  

 

“Zwei is the type of person that cares with you not knowing. I’m pretty sure she’s not going to do anything that might enrage Francis.” He replied to her daughter. Ace was weirded by the fact that her Dad actually has a lot for trust for her little sister. It seemed like he was rooting for her but then she doesn’t really understand how her father thinks, so she shrugged off her thoughts and nodded to what her father had said.

 

Right after Ace went out from her dad’s office, she received a text from Czarina telling her to go down because she’s at their company at the moment, she told her to meet her at the café near their company.

 

Ace looked for her bestfriend who seemingly raised her hand up when she saw her, she smiled at her before she went to her table. “I assume you know about the marriage thingy” Czarina told her right after she sat.

 

“You should’ve chosen me from the start, didn’t you tell your father?” said Ace as she sipped from Czarina’s drink, her bestfriend rolled her eyes from the action she did.

 

Czarina stole her drink back, “You think I didn’t? I don’t even know what Dad was thinking. I’m not even close with Zwei” she said.

 

Ace the shrugged, “Well, just one year Czar. You’re going to get to know Zwei before marrying me. I think it’s good that you get close to my sister as well” she said then winked at her bestfriend. Once again, Czarina rolled her eyes at her. Nothing’s even awkward between the two of them, they can talk about marriage like they’ve been talking about their marriage for years already. Well, they might have. No one knows.

 

“How are you so sure you’re going to be the person I’m going to pick?” her bestfriend taunted her.

 

Ace then crossed her arms and scoffed, “You mean, there’s a chance you’re going to pick Zwei? Nah-ah. I don’t think so babe” she said so confidently.

 

“Okay, whatever.” Replied Czarina concluding their topic, she didn’t really like to talk about it anymore. “Wait, now that we’re talking about your sister. Didn’t she refuse when she knew about it, I mean I’m pretty sure she’d be against the idea” she asked Ace.

 

“Oh that, well dad did something” she said and Czarina understood fast.

 

“What’s with our dads and their shenanigans” she said slurping her drink once again.

 

“I don’t understand why Dad did that either, but well that’s Dad. Just that I never understood him or his ways” said Ace as she shrugged.

 

Ace looked at her watch, “Hey, gotta go” she said and pointed at her watch. Czarina nodded her head in response, Ace got up and kissed her forehead before going. It’s a normal thing that Ace has been doing since they were in high school. Many even speculated that they were in a relationship but both of them clarified that they’re not and they’re just close that’s why.

 

Czarina decided to stay in the café because she got nothing to do, her Dad allowed her to get a free day today since she was told about the marriage thingy. She obviously told her Dad to not do the thing he’s planning and she’ll just marry Ace instead. She was a lot more comfortable of the idea marrying her bestfriend, than the idea that she had to choose between the twins when clearly it would have been decided already. When she was busy thinking, it started to rain. “I didn’t bring my umbrella” she murmured. She then decided to stay a bit longer until the rain stops.

 

She did wait for the rain to stop, and she’s been in the café for an hour already but the rain doesn’t seem to considering on stopping. It had actually got a bit stronger than earlier. Her car’s parked at the company and that’s on the other side of the road, even if she ran fast she’s still going to get drenched. So it’s either she stays longer or she gets drenched which she doesn’t really like.

 

She clicked her tongue before deciding to do the latter since she got no choice and she’s rushing, her dad texted her. She then decided to go on her way and stopped on her tracks as she was already at the entrance. She removed her vest to cover her head and when she was about to run, she was pulled back. She was about to get annoyed when she saw Ace—No, it’s Zwei who grabbed her arm.

 

Zwei frowned as she looked how hard the rain was, obviously not liking Czarina’s idea of running through the rain. Czarina didn’t know what to say so she just stared back at Zwei holding her arm. Zwei did her thing, the thing where she just sighs like she’s just disappointed about something. Zwei then let go of her arm when she realized she had holding it for long.

 

“Sorry” she said and Czarina just nodded her head. Zwei rummaged her sling bag and brought out an umbrella. “Use this” she said as she offered it to Czarina, and when Czarina obviously seem to refuse it since it’s obvious Zwei only has one umbrella in her bag, but Zwei already got her into it by saying. “It’s fine, I like getting drenched. I’ll just take a shower at home” she said, still sporting her neutral expression and, “Or maybe you suddenly liked getting wet” she muttered.  Czarina seem not to know what to tell, so Zwei took that as a chance to leave for her to not refuse taking the umbrella. Zwei said, “Have a safe drive, Czarina” and she turned around, and put her hoodie on.

Czarina watched Zwei walked through the rain like she’s strolling under the sun. She didn’t know she was holding her breath that’s why she breathed deeply all of a sudden. That might have been the longest she had interacted with Zwei that’s why she felt like that. She bit her lip as she looked at the umbrella on her hand. Opened it and crossed the road.

When Zwei got home, Ace was getting out from bathroom. “What? You suddenly decided to bathe under the rain or something?” she told her little sister. Their rooms are connected so she’d see Zwei going in her room first. It was their idea by the way, for their rooms to be like that.

 

Zwei waved her hand dismissing. “I forgot to bring an umbrella, okay?” she said and went to her room. Ace then shrugged and went outside.

 

 

 

Well then, is it going to be Ace or is it going to be Zwei? 

Who do you it's gonna be?