She thought wrong

Princess in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The car which Jisoo was riding was passing by the college when she noticed Taehyung walking towards the bus stop.

 

She asked the driver to stop for a moment. She wanted to admire the view before her.

 

But she could see him wincing like he was in great pain. 

 

As soon as she saw him holding on to a lamp post, she asked her bodyguard unnies to look after him.

 

And eventually, Taehyung fainted.

 

She brought him to the Palace, knowing he could get the best treatment there.

 

She was doing her daily chores when she came to know that the King had gone to see Taehyung.

 

She hurried to that room and found the two of them talking.

 

Taehyung kept his eyes glued on the floor the whole time. He didn’t dare look at the King’s face. 

 

He didn’t know how it happened but he ended up there when he woke up.

 

He wanted to stand up but the King told him to remain seated on bed. 

 

Why does he feel so nervous like he stole something? 

 

“I came to see you because you are the very first guest the Princess has brought here..” said the King. “Young man.. are you close with my daughter?”

 

Taehyung gulped nervously.

 

He isn’t really close with her.. instead he gets her angry.. he talks back to her even when he knows she’s a princess..

 

If he tells the King about this, he might be sentenced to death at this very moment.

 

He was clearing his throat when Jisoo entered the room panting.

 

“Dad..” said Jisoo looking at Taehyung. “I mean King.. I didn’t know you came here..”

 

The King turned to her.

 

“I wanted to see what kind of man you brought inside the Palace.. I heard there was quite a commotion..” he said smiling. “Who is this young man?”

 

Jisoo will get reprimanded if she tells him that she’s been following this man around in college.

 

“He’s my tennis teacher.. I mean he teaches me tennis in college.. I mean we practice together..” she replied sweating. “He passed out in the streets and I felt bad for him..”

 

The King’s eyes shifted to Taehyung who was caught staring at Jisoo.

 

“I didn’t know you were an important person for the Princess’ education..” said the King. “I’m pleased to meet you.. I hope you can teach her everything she needs..”

 

Jisoo felt relieved that her dad seemed to have believed her.

 

“I think we should leave my tennis teacher alone.. once he gets better, I’ll ask someone to send him home..” said Jisoo smiling as she put her hand on the King’s arms.

 

“We must invite him for dinner..” he said making her smile fade instantly.

 

She knows Taehyung might be burdened. Not only because he absolutely dislikes her but also because he’ll be eating on the same table as the King.

 

“It is a command..” said the King. “We need to treat our guests.. specially when they are important to my Princess..”

 

Jisoo looked at Taehyung who looked surprised.

 

What can she do? Her father said it was a command.

 

She nodded her head while the King walked past her and closed the door leaving the two of them alone in the room.

 

“Why did you bring me here?” asked Taehyung as soon as the doors closed shut. “You could have just brought me to the nearest hospital..”

 

Jisoo felt pricked. He sounded irritated just judging by how he talked to her.

 

“If the Princess brings a man to the hospital, there will be a lot of rumors..” said Jisoo. “People will talk not just about me but also about you..”

 

Taehyung wasn’t aware of this. He didn’t think this far.

 

“And we have the best of the best here..” said Jisoo. “Also.. anything that happens inside the Palace stays inside the Palace.. no one will dare talk about me bringing you here so don’t worry..”

 

Why does everything she do annoy him? She even helped him but why is he acting like he got robbed of something?

 

Jisoo frowned as se turned her body against him.

 

“A maid will be here to accompany you to the dining hall in half an hour..” said Jisoo still feeling down. “Now that I see you’re looking good.. I shall take my leave.. and I’m sorry because you need to stay for dinner..”

 

Jisoo had her hand on the door’s handle when suddenly..

 

“Jisoo.. I mean..Princess..” said Taehyung in a low voice. “Thank you..”

 

Jisoo couldn’t turn her head to face him. She was sure her cheeks had already turned red. 

 

Why does hearing him say her name sound sweet when it should sound rude? 

No one ever calls her Jisoo.. everyone in the Palace calls her the “Princess”.. even her parents call her by her name very rarely..

 

Somehow.. she loved how he said her name so gently..

 

And so she went out of that door right away trying hard not to squeal.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Taehyung was thankful to Jisoo for what she did.

 

But being grateful and saying a simple “thank you” doesn’t come out from him so naturally.

 

He is usually like this when he’s with other people. He’s shy to show his feelings to strangers.

 

And since it’s Jisoo.. the Princess.. he feels more shy and uncomfortable.. 

 

And now.. sitting like this on this long table by only himself.. the Princess.. the Queen and the King.. he is feeling a hundred times more pressured..

 

He would have never imagined himself sitting on the same table as the King.

 

Well.. he’s sitting too far from him that he is barely able to see his face but still.. this is something you can’t even dream of!

 

Jisoo’s eyes were automatically going to Taehyung’s face casually.. she’d steal a glance at him then take a bite then a glance at the King and the Queen and she’d take another bite.

 

This is the first time they are eating with an outsider.. although they’d sometimes eat with the Prime Minister and other important officials.. but she can’t just consider them as outsiders, can she?

 

For some reason, she was feeling happy. Taehyung has thanked her for saving him.. she feels like they have become a bit closer.. she thought she only irritated him..

 

She looked towards the King who was staring at her.

 

Oh no.. was she smiling all the time? What if the King catches on the fact that she likes Taehyung?

 

She cleared immediately.

 

“Mr. Taehyung is new to our college..” said Jisoo. “He and I.. I mean.. we.. the two of us..”

 

Why did she even open ? Did she make it more obvious? 

 

“Young man.. will you tell me about yourself?” asked the King. 

 

Taehyung was startled that his spoon fell down from his hands.

 

“I’m..” he stuttered as he tried to keep his eyes on his plate.

 

“Be not afraid young man..” the King smiled.

 

Jisoo was surprised. The King doesn’t just smile at anyone. 

 

“The real reason I asked you to dine with us is because I wanted to find someone who could teach the Princess tennis during the weekend..” said the King looking towards Jisoo. “I thought you’d be suitable.. the Princess already knows you and since she brought you here in the Palace.. that means you are a trustworthy person..”

 

Taehyung looked at Jisoo. Trustworthy? Who? Him? They do nothing but argue everytime they see each other.. 

 

The King has totally misunderstood. 

 

But well.. he isn’t the best tennis player either but he can play it.. he learned from Irene to be honest..

 

But him teaching Jisoo.. he can’t even imagine it..

 

“You may take your time thinking about it..” said the King. “You don’t have to answer now..”

 

Jisoo looked over Taehyung and blushed again. The thought of him teaching her sends butterflies to her stomach.. 

 

That means she will get to see him more.. she’ll get to see him after their classes.. she might see him even in the Palace..

 

After the dinner ended, Jisoo asked her personal driver to take him to his house.

 

“Take these biscuits..” said Jisoo handing him one plastic. “I made some with the pastry chef yesterday.. you should take one..”

 

Taehyung nodded.

 

“I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter